Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Where to buy Mosura Soft Water?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Am using Humic, its not really helping much for my 1.5Ft tank(using 1/2 bottle in a teabag). I saw Mosura softwater @ GC a couple of times, but need to be vigilant to measure the GH often. Is there a way to make Humic work better?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by recca View Post
    Am using Humic, its not really helping much for my 1.5Ft tank(using 1/2 bottle in a teabag). I saw Mosura softwater @ GC a couple of times, but need to be vigilant to measure the GH often. Is there a way to make Humic work better?
    Thanks for sharing, i started using it for my 1feet, and as you said, not much difference.

I only use 1/4 the bottle, looks like i have to increase the amount.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Same here. Humic does not really work for me. Mine is only IQ5.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Same here. Humic does not really work for me. Mine is only IQ5.
    How do you maintain the water parameters in an IQ5? what type of shrimps do you have? I used to keep FRS types in the IQ3 but got really frustrated with water top-up everyday, keeping water parameters stable. on top of that is temperature issue( unless you have air-condition 24hours).

Am just curious on how to keep good the good stability for the shrimps to breed successfully, cause when my FRS have shrimplets then, being a Noob, I lost the whole batch within 1 day due to the internal filter system.

And, i heard from some LFS that keeping CRS, GH should be above 4-5. am Confuse too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by recca View Post
    How do you maintain the water parameters in an IQ5? what type of shrimps do you have? I used to keep FRS types in the IQ3 but got really frustrated with water top-up everyday, keeping water parameters stable. on top of that is temperature issue( unless you have air-condition 24hours).

Am just curious on how to keep good the good stability for the shrimps to breed successfully, cause when my FRS have shrimplets then, being a Noob, I lost the whole batch within 1 day due to the internal filter system.

And, i heard from some LFS that keeping CRS, GH should be above 4-5. am Confuse too.
    Hi, i can share more with you on my IQ5.

I got the whole shrimp tank set from a Bro here. And its only been like 2 months ago.
    So, the moment i started to buy some test kits and measure, i'm very shocked to see that my GH was 38!!! PH about 7 to 7.5 and KH about 5.

I tried using Humic and Sera Super Peat to maintain the GH and PH. Also, I've removed all the rocks in the small tank as rocks increases GH. My other method is to top up the water using LIFE brand distilled water, on every alternate days. And the other alternate days, i do WC.

IQ5 is a 13L tank. So my WC is about 1L only. I once tried to WC 2L and can see casualties the next day. But at WC 1L, there are no deaths.

Then for now, my GH gradually decreases from 38... 24... 21... 19... 22... It fluctuates but not much. Overall, can see that my best reading is 19. Hope it will down more to 4. PH remains at a healthy reading of 6.5. KH won't change... always at 2 or 3.

And yes, the fitlering system very poor. I've to use a dropper to suck on shrimplets that stucked inside the filter. So i did some modifications and is still fine tuning it. IQ5 is not good at all. I am changing to a better tank soon.

As for the types of shrimps, i'm keeping Sakura, Red Rili, Cherry, Yellow, Orange and some low grade CRS. So far, Orange and Sakura breeds alot! Yellow not yet because i just got it from a sister here. And if i'm not wrong, i did see some baby rili but did not see any preggy rili at all leh.

As for my temperature, day time is about 24 to 26. Night time can drop to 22 cos i turn on aircon when i got home from work. They are most active at 23 and below. If the water is at 24 or 25, they seldom swim and likes to hide. But no death also. My only death are due to mass water change. I don't use the drip method too....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12