Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Shrimps not eating ? (Both Cardinal and CRS)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Shrimps not eating ? (Both Cardinal and CRS)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Bro

I had 2 tanks. One for cardinal and one for CRS

Yesterday i bought 7 crs and 3 bds to my 2 feet tank. Today i tried to feed them just 3 pellet of crs protein and a little borneo feeding fenzy. They seemed to ignore it. I weirdest thing is that they kept sticking on my big drift wood and they seemed like picking food from there ? Even my oto catfish ignore these delicious food ? All just kept moving around the drift wood.. I know some were trying to adapt as their skin is pale and i can see black line. Can i know when should i continue to feed them ?

As for my cardinal, they have been in the tank for 1 week. I feed them borneo frenzy but they just ignore it. Only my snails were feeding .

It is just so frustrating as i dont know if there are too many natural food or there is something wrong

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Shrimps not eating ? (Both Cardinal and CRS)

Bro, usually shrimps do not really eat what you feed them after being introduced into a new tank. Do not worry about the shrimps that much. Just take care of the water parameters and the water will take care of the shrimps. Feed as usual but remove any uneaten food to keep the water in good conditions.
    Shrimps Watching.
    Voted No.1 as Stress Reliever & Anti-Depressant.

Fine prints: Please learn to keep them alive successfully before applying.

http://shrimpsredefined.wordpress.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Not reacting to food is a possible sign of ammonia toxicity if the tank is not matured.
    How's the biofilter for the this tank?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
    Not reacting to food is a possible sign of ammonia toxicity if the tank is not matured.
    How's the biofilter for the this tank?
    Thank for your reply. For the 2 feet tank i am using ehiem 2226 with biohomme red and some ceramic ring. There is a prefilter before the main one. I checked the ammonia, it was 0. Nitrite also 0 . Nitrate never test cause i got alot of frogbits in it.

They are active but they seem to prefer my big drift wood ( those that can touch the water surface) and they seemed to be picking food from it. Even my oto just suck on the drift wood since 1 month ago when i first intro it. The only worry is my rain bar as i fear if my current is too strong. Feeding wise, they like to stick on my christmas moss and one of two will stuck at the top corner of the tank where my air stone is located .

I know shrimps should stay low but izzit because of this drift wood make them want to swim around more due to the current directly facing the drift wood ?

Is my driftwood a natural food for them as none of them prefer the ground ?

They seemed pretty active

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

depend on the plant or moss you tied on the driftwood....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
    depend on the plant or moss you tied on the driftwood....
    Is only christmas moss =) with some hair algae .LOL

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Chansl, maybe you could try adding gravidas and Bioplus to the water. Give them some vitamins and powdered food, but not to worry as the shrimps do eat algae of the DW or some other micro organism in the water. So they might not be interested to the food yet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith82 View Post
    Chansl, maybe you could try adding gravidas and Bioplus to the water. Give them some vitamins and powdered food, but not to worry as the shrimps do eat algae of the DW or some other micro organism in the water. So they might not be interested to the food yet.
    OKOK !! Thank Bro

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

They are Algea eater...In fact we can even keep them without providing them with food as long as you have some moss in it will do. The food we give is a addition for color,health or as a beneficial tonic for them.

But if they are always on the surface or near the air stone...
    Then there might be something wrong with your water.

What Bro Nav say might be right...Ammonia....
    There was once Bro Nav mention to me in SMS about his set up topic...that test kit might not detect or read at a certain low amount mg of ammonia.
    Last edited by newlife; 10th Mar 2012 at 03:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Nowadays they are more stable just that the crs are still not very interested in the food i gave .. Only some will eat like 2 out 11 ? The rest will be busy moving around and picking food from the DW or moss. Even the otos catfish is uninterested.

My cardinal shrimps were better now .. after i put in 3 sulawesi snails .. They are more daring and willing to fight for food with the snails.. Now it is the crs that i am worry. They seemed to molt fine .. seem lively ..

Quote Originally Posted by newlife View Post
    They are Algea eater...In fact we can even keep them without providing them with food as long as you have some moss in it will do. The food we give is a addition for color,health or as a beneficial tonic for them.

But if they are always on the surface or near the air stone...
    Then there might be something wrong with your water.

What Bro Nav say might be right...Ammonia....
    There was once Bro Nav mention to me in SMS about his set up topic...that test kit might not detect or read at a certain low amount mg of ammonia.