Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Wild Betta imbellis

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Thanks Johannes! Now i'm raising the frys... Seems like the hard part!
    Cheers!
    griffinkid

Keeping | Nannostomus Eques, Pseudomugil furcatus, Sphaerichthys osphromenoides, Pseudepiplatys annulatus and Corydoras hastatus |

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Just some updates...
    The frys are still doing fine, ive been feeding first bites by hikari...
    Now, something amazing happened... i went to pay their parents a visit and i realised they spawned again! Under the leaf blade of the Java Fern!!!!!! Oh gosh... they are really active! So i'm just going to leave the frys with the parents since online sources stated that the frys are safe with parents. i also want to take this chance to conduct the experiment to see if the parents raise the frys better! haha So i'm going to dose in some liquid fry later into the parents tank to kick start the infusoria growth.

Frys hanging under the small bubble nest below the leaf blade

this is gonna be a busy time for me!
    Cheers!
    griffinkid

Keeping | Nannostomus Eques, Pseudomugil furcatus, Sphaerichthys osphromenoides, Pseudepiplatys annulatus and Corydoras hastatus |

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Griffin, get some microworm, Moina and green water. Very useful for these fry. You can skip BBS if you have Moina.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yes Moina or "Ang Boon" will definitely boost their growth...
    lifeisfullofemptypromisesandbrokendreams
    Hypancistrus and Tanganyikan cichlids breeding

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

They spawn pretty regularly usually 1-2 weeks after I collect the fries from the tank. Raising isn't that difficult. It's exactly like raising show bettas. As mention by the two moderator you can feed boon till they are big enough to eat tubifex or brine shrimp if your scared of the disease the tubifex might carry.

Feedback Score
    1 (60%)
    Country
    Singapore

I would recommend baby brine shrimp as the first fry food as they are somewhat smaller in size compared to daphnias.Feed baby brine shrimps till a bigger size then start feeding them daphnia and tubifex worms to boost size at a fast speed and to provide them with some roughage.Also , please note that you shouldn't spam too much daphnia till there are leftovers , as living daphnia deplete oxygen in the tanks at a first speed.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by griffinkid View Post
    Two weeks ago, I was lucky enough to chance upon a tank of wild betta selling at C328. The uncle was unable to tell me what species it was but I thought that their colors were awesome despite having so many of them cramping in a small tank near the CRS tanks. I suppose they are Wild Betta Splendens after doing some readings over the internet. So I tried my best to identify a pair, and I think I've got it! When I reached home just now, I saw a huge bubblenest suspended on the surface of the pet container. I was in awe! This is the first time I've seen a bubblenest! And both my betta were colored up. So i took this chance to take some photos to share with you guys, and hopefully the knowledgeable ones can help me identify exactly what kind of wild betta this is! Hopefully they'll breed soon but it seems that the female is not looking very interested although the male is continuously flaring!

Enjoy the pictures

Attachment 29206
    Wild Betta Splendens Male, flaring.

Attachment 29207
    Wild Betta Splendens Female in her striped suit!
    Hi griffinkid,
    Do you still breed these Betta Imbellis ? I'm newbie here, wish to get a pair of this fish for breeding at home. Thnx.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bro occasionally C328 got sell.around 12 for a pair.but some of the bags there not matched properly
    wild bettas,Shellies,herptiles,mudskippers,shrimps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12