Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Buddies

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello all im wondering if there are any buddies i can put in with my purple vampire crabs.(ones that will get along ok). Im looking for some that i can have on land and ones i can put in shallow water (about 5 inches deep). I want some differnt species in the same tank to make it look natural and so you can always see a critter and to help keep tamk clean aswell. Please if you can help it would be great thank you.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Buddies

Canada? Good for you. But no frogs, that's for sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi butterflychild, high chances any small fishes and shrimps might became feeders to the Vampire Crabs. But that what happen in the wild anyway...

Warmest Regards from Merviso aka Merv Soh
    [ my vivarium: 2012, 2010, 2009 & 2007]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i'm a dreamer... a dreamer living in the lost city of moonlight.....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi butterflychild!

Welcome to AQ viva section!

Care to upload your vampire crabs habitat tank with us, from there maybe we can give some pointers if any fauna can be the buddies with vampire crabs?
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Well as of last night i now no longer have a Purple Vampire Crab she molted and then died or died well she was molting. I dont know what happened and it saddens me but yet at the same time make me mad. I have just put out hundreds of dollars to do up a proper and natural habitat for her and others i was planing on getting. Now i dont know what in the world to do. How do i post pictures of the tank she was in. It was just simple and she seemed to be doing ok as i had her for about 3 weeks and 1 week in the pet store. Im haveing a real hard time finding Purple Vampire Crabs my LPS has tried 2 times to order more but her supplier never sends them. Wether he runs out or doesnt have them i dont know. Im stuck.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

I will be putting pictures up as i build my Vivarium but cant start till my order of stuff comes from Petsmart next week. Will let you all know. Im still going to built my Vivarium but have to figure out now what im going to put into it i was really wanting PVC again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I have put frogs with fresh water mud skipper together with my vampires and they are still doing ok. In one of my largest tanks, I have 6 frogs with 24 vampires and 14 muddies.

In the water, I have croaking gourami and sparkling gourami
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by butterflychild View Post
    Well as of last night i now no longer have a Purple Vampire Crab she molted and then died or died well she was molting. I dont know what happened and it saddens me but yet at the same time make me mad. I have just put out hundreds of dollars to do up a proper and natural habitat for her and others i was planing on getting. Now i dont know what in the world to do. How do i post pictures of the tank she was in. It was just simple and she seemed to be doing ok as i had her for about 3 weeks and 1 week in the pet store. Im haveing a real hard time finding Purple Vampire Crabs my LPS has tried 2 times to order more but her supplier never sends them. Wether he runs out or doesnt have them i dont know. Im stuck.
    Hi butterflychild,

My deepest condolence to you that your beloved purple vampire crab is no longer with you, she was a freaking cool crab. I must believe.
    I used to have 2 pairs of beautiful Wallace's Flying Tree frogs which I caught them in Frasier Hill, Malaysia. They often flew into the chalet's balcony as at almost midnight to catch flies around the balcony orange lighted bulb.
    However, they died one by one on me, hence I asked my good friend who is the Malaysian biologist who is expert in this field. He stressed me that my habitat is far too small for this actively Wallace, so they often glided and eventually banged their heads to the habitat glass wall badly as the result ..as you know, you know what.
    Sometime I felt deeply regretted that I didn't take very good care, or I was just plain dumb knew nothing about this beautiful Wallace frog. Nevertheless, that prompt me to think to build another 6ft long x 6 ft high x 3 ft wide glass tank but unfortunately, my wife stopped me.
    Let us take this opportunity to learn why and how and also improve its habitat surrounding that caused its death. You may try other critters to your current habitat while you wait for your Vampire Crabs, okay.
    I do believe that I can help you or my fellow members in this AQ who had the experience keeping these Vampire Crabs for years, they may be to able to advise you. Okay.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Oh kewl what kind of frogs do you have in with your pvc.? Mud skippers what are they? And what kind are they and how big do they grow.? Ok do the Gourami's get big as im only going to have about 4-6 inches of water. And i only have a 40 gal tank which i plan to have about 12 vampires.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Thank you so very much Eddy Planer for your thoughts and luck i took apart the habitat that my pvc was in i am now going to be starting the one i was planing on doing for her b4 she died i just have to wait for most of the stuff to show up some time this week. I then still have to wait for y tank stand, lighting and a couple other things in a week or 2. Then i will be starting and i will tyr and post as i go and get other peoples opinions on how im doing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    I have put frogs with fresh water mud skipper together with my vampires and they are still doing ok. In one of my largest tanks, I have 6 frogs with 24 vampires and 14 muddies.

In the water, I have croaking gourami and sparkling gourami
    Mixed tanks usually, do not work. Exactly what mudskippers do you have, most of them are certainly not freshwater. I presume your tank is 6x3x3? You probably have, polypedates leucomystax.

To the OP. If you have such a large set up, then perhaps, you may engage in a mixed tank; please put different species that occupy different niches into the same tank. ETC, arboreal frogs, fish. You have the luxury of choice, since you are in Canada.

Eddy, you should place malaysia's gliding frogs in a screen cage, they need high humidity and lots of ventilation at the same time.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Yes i live in Canada but i dont know what different species i can put into a 40 gallon Vivarium tank that would all get along. I need fairly small fish that will stay small. Not sure what else i can put in there i need all the help i can get. PLEASE.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi butterflychild,

Can you please upload your 40-gallon Viva's tank please? We are so hungry to see how you set up your build. From there we can understand your build, and surely you will have the best advice and input to enhance your drive, agree?
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by delhezi View Post

Eddy, you should place malaysia's gliding frogs in a screen cage, they need high humidity and lots of ventilation at the same time.
    no more Wallace for me...unless i live in Malaysia..
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Well i will when i get it out of the box. As of right now im trying to find a tank stand so i can start doing my Vivarium.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Butterflychild

If this case, I'm now start camping here to hear your build!
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

i am camping here too.........

A little greenery @ Home!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by delhezi View Post
    Mixed tanks usually, do not work. Exactly what mudskippers do you have, most of them are certainly not freshwater. I presume your tank is 6x3x3? You probably have, polypedates leucomystax.

I will post a video later. The tank is 433. I do not have the scientific name of the mud skipper but they are now big and fat. I did a test of the water parameters today.

pH: 5.5

I also added two pair of german ram into the water portion last week.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Oh wow i just love your vivarium, Can you tell me what kind of frogs and mudskippers you have in your pvc tank.? I think they are so sweet looking and they all make the take what it is. I guess im going to change my mind i was going to put the stream in my vivarium in the middle of the tank now i think i will put it in the front as my husband said. I never really though about putting the water in the fron area.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast