Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Buddies

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    That's interesting. You've actually got there some european firebellies, instead of the typical green orientals. I must again say that throughout records and records, mixed tanks usually do not work, but I'm glad yours does, probably because of a large amount of space.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by delhezi View Post
    That's interesting. You've actually got there some european firebellies, instead of the typical green orientals. I must again say that throughout records and records, mixed tanks usually do not work, but I'm glad yours does, probably because of a large amount of space.
    I guess it goes beyond the size. It is also about creating the right type of habitat with the right type of plants and correct amount of hiding places with a whole lot of other parameters. Before I build this tank, I spent weeks researching before I go around building it. Then along the way, a lot of changes and adjustment were also made. lots of trial and errors.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi David,

I'm really so amazed to see you shamelessly show off your wonderful built for all to see how you did...all of us are still basically new and you will help this viva section very interesting. Kudo to you David!

ps: i want to confess to you.... I LOVE IT!
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hi Eddy,

You are being humble here. You are the guru here and I was able to build this after our beer session at Bukit Timah with Desmond.

Anyway, to post a build log will be interesting. Let me put it up under my corporate account.

Thanks
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    I guess it goes beyond the size. It is also about creating the right type of habitat with the right type of plants and correct amount of hiding places with a whole lot of other parameters. Before I build this tank, I spent weeks researching before I go around building it. Then along the way, a lot of changes and adjustment were also made. lots of trial and errors.
    I don't want to sound crude here but I do not agree about the amount of research you made. I can point out that the temperature ranges of the species you included in the tank do not match. Firebelly toads require 18-24 celsius, and skippers, 25-30. Sure they could survive, but it certainly might not be good for the long term.

Indeed, a mixed tank concerns many of the factors you listed above, plus a good deal of luck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by delhezi View Post
    I don't want to sound crude here but I do not agree about the amount of research you made. I can point out that the temperature ranges of the species you included in the tank do not match. Firebelly toads require 18-24 celsius, and skippers, 25-30. Sure they could survive, but it certainly might not be good for the long term.

Indeed, a mixed tank concerns many of the factors you listed above, plus a good deal of luck.

Sure. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Hi all i was wondering if i should put play sand on top of my aquarim stones then top soil or other way around.? My Vivarium is for PVC and some other critters when i can figure what i can put in with them.If you have any ideas please let me know. Aswell what kind of fish can i put in the water part it may be about 2 gallons.

Ok im starting to build my Vivarium but stuck till i find out what goes next pics will be up soon. Please help tysvm.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hi butterflychild
    To prolong your PVC and other critters, you're intending to keep, are you going to add the filter to your 2 gallons of water? I suggest you to camouflage and add some sea-corals( maintain calcium level to strengthen your PVC if start to molt) into the filter if you install on to beautify and keep natural as possible.

upload me more of your built and i can able to advise to you further in due time.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Yes i do have a ReptoFilter for the water part. I do have Caribsea Aragonite in the water part 25 pounds worth or should i have less.? Ok how do i add photo's.? Should o add the play sand on top of the gravel then add the top soil or other way around.?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hi butterflychild,

Wow you got this ReptoFilter. This is a very good filter mean for both paludarium and riparium but bad for vivarium. You can still use for your PVC and other critters if you wish to add in, however, the placement of the substrate(sand /soil) should be high enough to allow the good water-flow to achieve an excellent filtering system.

Tell me how are you going to set up your built? Are going to camouflage the ReptoFilter, or you already done it?

If you aren't done anything with ReptoFilter, you may try either camouflage with black sealed with but ensure there are no gaps in between high rocks or else your PVC or critters will go in between, get stuck and never come out.

Just show me some picture of your materials before your built, maybe i can show you some rope along to ensure your natural setup a better place for your PVC to live forever happily, okay.

hope to hear from you.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Oops,unable to upload pictures? I use this photobucket do sign up , and you will able to upload as may as possible!
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

I already have started to build my Vivarium i have Argonite seashells as my substract in the water part. Not sure about hiding my filter not sure how.? I have the seashell stuff all around the filter and my flat rocks i glued together as my water falls in front of filter. Thank you for all your help.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Ok downloading pics on phptobucket now will post pic's in the morning as im not well and cant stay up much longer sorry.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

156.jpg155.jpg154.jpg153.jpg151.jpg
    This is my first five steps there not in order they go from right to left lol
    Last edited by butterflychild; 8th Apr 2012 at 23:07.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

168.jpg167.jpgok i have added sand to the land part (the brown gravel part is the land)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

057.jpg055.jpg053.jpg052.jpgHere's some of the stuff i have gotten for my Vivarium 061.jpg

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

041.jpg040.jpg039.jpg038.jpgStill have more stuff different woods and plants Silk kinds of plants will put them up after my husband finishes with computer.
    I have sand on land part im getting ready to put the top soil on top with cuttlebone powder mixed in the top soil.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hi butterflychild,

Wow! Thanks so much for uploaded and present us all your construction materials, filtering system and the tank. I like that!

Look like you are setting your built a paludarium not a vivarium unless you place your substrates to fill up to your ReptoFilter to one-third with 10% water and 90% land. Since you are constructing at least nearly 40% water, and the rest is land. I will try to guide you along how are you going to set up

1. As for your ReptoFilter, you can camouflage it by coating it with black silicon sealant, and again coat with natural colour brown sand or broken pieces of barks or mosses or mixed all of them! Then allow fully cure within 24hrs, and you see your ReptoFilter will look like a natural miniature waterfall! LOL!
    2.Your driftwood and rocks to place near the waterfall to create the less water currents, your PVC will thanks you for that. Alternatively, either you can place your waterfall to the dry land( turn it to marsh) and allow the water to fill the land up until drip into the wet area,his will act like natural filtering system, and you don't have to worry your coconut shell, rocks and driftwood will be the dry area for your PVC.
    3 Your back ground is really good, however, what I most worry is that your PVC will able to climb up the bark background. Believe me all PVC even hermit crab does climb well! Hence, avoid this happen to your PVC, lower the background down by one-fourth of the tank to expose the glass.4. The rest you try built with your own creation.Upload your built step by step, I am really hungry see this exciting built of yours, butterflychild.

hope this will help you.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast