Country
    Singapore

Plants dying except US fissiden

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi bros and sis,

I have a 2 feet tank with mainly a handful of sakura and crs.

Temp: 26- 27.5
    Fan operated
    No CO2
    Lighting Aquazonic T5 light with 2 tube ,24watt per tube.

I have valls ( those long thick curl grass) , mini lettues, Riccia and US fissiden on mesh.

My problems are mini lettues, i got them foc from a very kind bro(noobz) but those lettues leaves turned yellow and fell out everyday , its roots will become soft and fall off also.

My riccia ON Mesh on the other hand is light yellowish but those on stones seems to be fine the colour.

Strange that the US fissiden is fine although growing slow

Any plant expert able to help me find out whats the problem? I suspect is my lighting, usually i will on 1 tube of 24 watt daily for 8hours. The lightset is about 7cm above water surface.

Thanks for the reply

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Plants dying except US fissiden

I suspect its a lack of certain macro nutrients. However, I wouldn't suggest you dose any fertilizers other than potassium since you have CRS in this tank.
    If you can, check your nitrate levels, it may be very low with so many fast growing plants around.

You have to make a decision of whether this tank is for plants or for shrimps, as it is hard to maintain both. I use plants in my shrimp tank only as nitrate and phosphate absorbers which are thrown away regularly.
    Mosses grow slowly and are mostly decor or places for shrimplets to hide and feed.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Plants dying except US fissiden

Thanks navanod for replying , i will throw away all the plant soon and Plant only moss. Riccia needs CO2 and i think my mini lettue leaf is too near to the lights that cause the leaves to turn yellow.