Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

American Flag fish and Discus

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    The moment I released the two American Flag fish into the tank, one of my discus immediately come over with erected fins and started to do those mating dance with the Flag fish. Today I saw them displaying and pecking at each other. Only that particular discus and that Flag fish cannot get along which I suspected are males. The other discus and Flag fish (female maybe) are peaceful toward each other.

Another thing I noticed is that after the introduction of the Flag fishes, many of my fishes including that discus but not the other discus have torn or bitten off fins. I don’t know who did that as I also have 2 mini puffer fishes in there.

Those who have Flag fish, are the fish agressive toward other fishes?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    its the flag fish, I had 2 peaceful ones and later on added another, which turns out to be a terror in the tank.. I finally catch it out and throw into my pond

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Darn, I happened to see the Flag fish eat those black thread-like algae which are very tough even to break it. So it's the fins or the algae.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Today the Flag fish decided not to play with the Discus but now each is chasing one Hatchet fish by itself. Although the Hatchet fish don't seem to mind as it's still eating while being chased by the Flag fish.