Country
    Singapore

Re: Rocks for Iwagumi

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Felix,

Can update your finding at GC? I'm going to mainland to check the rocks. If you see good rocks at GC i might drop by.
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by VSGenesis View Post
    Felix,

Can update your finding at GC? I'm going to mainland to check the rocks. If you see good rocks at GC i might drop by.
    Have some. 2 feet still can
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

At seaview. Mostly dragon rocks can make it. 2ft best.
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Was there last week. The big one with the hole should be still there.

Farms normally have more stock but harder access. You want can gather some folks who drive. Will be much better.

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

mainland rocks not bad, have some nice one but no big rocks for main rock. GC have more big rocks but price is double mainland price.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Price for now is not important. I so want my rock. I"ll pay 50 - 70 for a set of 5 or 7 good rocks. 1x. XLarge 1x large 3x medium

Cries. I didnt buy any. Sobs. Almost wanted to try dragon. You know like high slope. All rocks lines up. Two to three small rocks going down slope. Middle empty. Sigh.

Shadow the rocks at mainland are what rocks. A few big ones i had a hard time moving but the colour not consistent.

Grr. I'm going Gc next week. If that fails, i'll order on mizuworld and try my luck.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Speaking of rocks, does all rocks alter the parameters of the water?

Im gonna make a new scape for my new 60p. Which rocks can i use that will not alter my parameters as im keeping CRS in them. Gonna be a simple Iwa scape with just rocks and HC.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ADA called it Ryuoh stone, I also saw lava rocks at the front.

-Robert

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

i have 1 bought cheaply was already near to $30. And it's only so so.. like boulder....
    IMO $100 maybe better if not you will have my illness. "Pocket Priest" you say yes nice, pocket say no budget for others if you buy... end up buy nothing

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

@ Felix, you're talking about online purchase or GC? That is my budget for rocks actually. Any other rocks; seiryu perhaps?

@ everyone, okay I was here for hours at Seaview. If any of the members of AQ was there, hello. Sorry, I don't know who you are and didn't say hi.

@ darter. I believe so. Seiryu is said to increase PH level.
    Last edited by VSGenesis; 24th Mar 2012 at 21:45.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It's overall. GC seems to be the only one in hdb estate that has larger rocks every now and then.

Your budget for this scape. Slowly collect haha.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

@ felix -_-''

budget for rocks $80 - $100 but this means they are good rocks.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Also mean harder to find. Once you see a good rock, you got to snag it! Else it's gone

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

LOL. So if one day I happen to go out with you hunt them rocks should I bring the taser gun? Just kidding.

Blueplanet webpage shows rocks but I think it looks to be ryuoh rocks. Might email them to ask.
    Seaview mostly ryuoh and lava. Ryuoh are small and medium size. Good for 2ft below.
    Yishun Aqua Star very little selection. One time cut styrofoam box. Ryuoh rocks too.
    Mizuworld has those Japanese rocks Seiryu and kurokinryu. So darn tempted to spend 100 bucks for them.
    GC sounds like it's one of the few that has big rocks. Ryuoh rocks I believe.
    Mainland lots of rocks (excluding those colour rocks) all ryuoh rocks. From extra small to large. There were two stone really big rocks but cannot make it.

That Biotope; no way to contact Mr. Teo to find out if he still imports them ADA and rocks? I know Biotope is no longer in operation (I know, I learn it the hard way by going there)

No wonder loads of aquarist using bogwood and driftwoods instead of rocks. I'm gonna send some emails to Mizu, GC and Blueplanet and see what they can do for me. 5 more days to shopping spree.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Bro don't be fool by LFS, all those LFS you mention most likely taking rocks from the same supplier. As far as I know, ADA does not sell rocks, no such thing as ADA rocks. People just name it that way or use Japanese name to make it sound "cool"
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Bro don't be fool by LFS, all those LFS you mention most likely taking rocks from the same supplier. As far as I know, ADA does not sell rocks, no such thing as ADA rocks. People just name it that way or use Japanese name to make it sound "cool"
    Heya Shadow, I know. There's even a website in US that is a distributor and state ADA Seiryu Rocks, AdA Shouryu Rocks, Ada this and that. It's just to say the rocks are the ones used by Amano. But if an lfs is selling ADA products, slighly higher chance of them having natural rocks. So far, I've been mistaken.

What I want is basically natural rocks like Seiryu. Something different from the usual rocks like Ryuoh. It's getting hard. Even fellow members who bought from online found out that it wasnt Seiryu and got it refunded. Only Adana who shows the different rocks will have a "This is Not an ADAD product" shown a the bottom. Of course it is not.

Seiryu is banned from being mined in Japan. But seriously, I don't believe Seiryu only comes from Japan. I'm sure China has them right.

Anyway, I'm getting exhausted. I will do my shopping spree and rock hunting this Saturday. If happens I come across good rocks and find a batch of 7-9 good ones that I can use for my tank, I'll get them. Wish me luck.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Taser gun! You want to stun me when I carrying the nice rock to the cashier

Anyways, almost never been to the farms as not much buddies. Maybe can include you in when we go farms next.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Taser gun! You want to stun me when I carrying the nice rock to the cashier

Anyways, almost never been to the farms as not much buddies. Maybe can include you in when we go farms next.
    @ felix, roflol! Nah, I won't do that. Tie both your legs and arms only. just kidding.
    Eh, you must try farms, really. It's a different experience. Seaview and Mainland are the ones near me. Mainland if you got kids, its cool too as they are doing side line business. Longkang Fishing, Prawning, Feed the fishes. There are even rides for kids.

In Pasir Ris farm nearby to Mainland, there are a few shops as well. I think what 6-8 shops?It's near to a 24/7 prawning. Sorry i forgot the name but its near to Erricson Pet.

PS: Bro, you ROD already?! I saw the watch. Hmm..must tell them give us Mont Blanc instead. I still have 3 years more!! Lucky, Atec II completed. No more high key. What unit?
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Went to farms before. That was long Time back, find it hard to go alone.

Maybe we'll make a time a few bros meet up and go.

Yea finished service last year.
    Free watch to wear haha. Too bad quartz not automatic.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Just went to seaview during the weekend. Saw some nice looking rock and can't resist the temptation so ended up buying more... lol
    Aquascaper?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast