3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Dont trust mizuworld.

Neondagger ordered a lot of Kurokinryu from them and they sent completely different rocks.

They are also almost impossible to contact.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Rocks for Iwagumi

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut8787 View Post
    Just went to seaview during the weekend. Saw some nice looking rock and can't resist the temptation so ended up buying more... lol
    Welcome to the darkside , I was exactly like that but after married my wife will nagging me not to
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    That's why I only ask my gf approve budget and not to follow me hehe
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Felix, someone bought some rocks after you left hence I ain't really that sure it is still there :P Those want rocks just drop by the workshop this Saturday, I believe they are stocking up last week, hence there would still be stock.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

the TNT delivery?

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    Felix, someone bought some rocks after you left hence I ain't really that sure it is still there :P Those want rocks just drop by the workshop this Saturday, I believe they are stocking up last week, hence there would still be stock.
    Where about bro? I'm on a hunt this saturday and buying some other stuffs as well.
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

he is referring to GC I believe
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    he is referring to GC I believe
    My spirit is there already. People queue days before launch of new ipads. I'm gonna be there at Clementi at 0945hrs and attack GC at 1000hrs this Saturday. LOL.
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hopefully some good one still available for you
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by VSGenesis View Post
    My spirit is there already. People queue days before launch of new ipads. I'm gonna be there at Clementi at 0945hrs and attack GC at 1000hrs this Saturday. LOL.
    The best ones have already been taken by the stalkers of GC :X

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I hope GC staffs see this and bring in more cost I'll be spending on rocks this Saturday!!! Hahaha.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys ..

I would very much want to do up a Iwagumi setup for my next project after my crs tank . Hence doing some research on it .. I saw some nice display like Shadow display pic ..

My question is to achieve that

1) Do i need CO 2 ? I had a chiller and T5 light. Can i do without it ?
    2) Can i replace HC with other carpet grass as i heard it is very hard to maintain
    3) Is it doable in a 2 feet tank
    4) Do i need to put fertilizer as i saw some experts did put their own DIY substances in while some use ADA soil only
    5) How to prevent algae growth or small pests growth in such beautiful scape

Appreciate for some advices so that i can plan well before i jump straight to it .. Thank you

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by chansl View Post
    Hi guys ..

I would very much want to do up a Iwagumi setup for my next project after my crs tank . Hence doing some research on it .. I saw some nice display like Shadow display pic ..

My question is to achieve that

1) Do i need CO 2 ? I had a chiller and T5 light. Can i do without it ?
    2) Can i replace HC with other carpet grass as i heard it is very hard to maintain
    3) Is it doable in a 2 feet tank
    4) Do i need to put fertilizer as i saw some experts did put their own DIY substances in while some use ADA soil only
    5) How to prevent algae growth or small pests growth in such beautiful scape

Appreciate for some advices so that i can plan well before i jump straight to it .. Thank you
    1) Depends on the plants you have. It is advisable. If you want, DIY.
    Having a chiller is good to maintain the temperature in your tank. I would love to own one but sadly I can't at the moment. I'm using Aquazonic T5 39W x 4. I'm trying to search for 6500k tubes. Mine is 12k.
    2) Doing online research, it seems some people say HC are easy while most Singaporeans say its hard. I'm not sure. Other carpet plants that grows like nuts is Glosso. Ask felix, he is the king of glosso.
    3) Doable in 2ft? Meaning Iwagumi? Of course.
    4) There's a lot of people who diy. Some amateur and some have vast experience. In youtube, there is this guy dustinfishtanks. He uses dirt and clay for his substrate and sells plants on the side. For noobs like me, I stick to substrate that is sold in the lfs like ADA or Gex. As for fertilizers, you're talking about sticks or liquid?
    5) Not sure. Have to read more. If you do have algae then wouldn't it be cool? You can get those bottom fish that eat algaes and snails too. =P

Just my opinion.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yeap Shadow, GC workshop this Sat at 11am. Lucky next friday holiday, got time to rest.

I think if you wanna source good ones, alert GC early so they can prepare too. The rock face, either you hate it or love it. I think the perpective of beauty differ amongst us all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

"jialat"!! Cant stand in line this saturday. Got to send gf for medical appointment first. Almost wanted to camp on friday and wait for gc to open. Omg!! What is wrong with me and rocks?!

Die she say she wants to follow! I hope gc's celestial pearl danios will keep her occupied as i quickly pay at cashier!! Sadly cant attend the talk though. Going to be running around singapore shopping for stuffs.

Eheim Pro 3 250
    JBJ Dual Stage Regulator & CO2 Tank
    Diffusor & Hose
    ADA New Amazonia (9L) Normal x1
    ADA New Amazonia (3L) Powder x1
    ADA Gravel or Nile Sand (3L) - Maybe thinking of creating a "track" not sure if i can get that illusion the track gets smaller as it goes to the back
    Borneowild Balance 100g
    Borneowild Boost-P 100g
    Borneowild Bacter Crystal 80g
    Borneowild Bacter Energy 100g

Wish me luck!!

Darn weather!! I was so happy that my other tank temperature was at 27.c and hottest at 28.c with fan. Then yesterday it almost killed me with 28.6.c

I want to get rid of my bottom 3ft to something smaller and another small tank as a quarantine or just spare. Will see how. If i'm getting rid of the bottom 3ft, i' ll give away free. Anyway wish me luck. If iwagumi cant be done then its going to be iwadrift. Lol rocks with driftwood. Sigh! Cannot give up!!
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I detected someone poisoned....ha ha!

Diffuser is selling at $8 at GC, got losta stock. I also got one last week for one of my DIY CO2 Reactor. I have twin at the moment. 1 JBL bottle and 1 1.5L bottle. Another 2 JBL CO2 Reactor standing by...Hee Hee. From what I can tell, most of the stuffs can be bought at GC, 328 or Polyart. ADA Amazonia can also be found at 328. Qianhu is the king of the place for Ehiem. See if you are interested to take a look at the new Totto filter canister at GC, can't miss it.

I got something like 20x Lava Rocks from GC last week as well. Since my plants still in nursery, I got a lot of time to plan for 'em. There are many wood, some Iwa rocks and losta losta lava rocks. But it's a while stock last. Even if you cannot stay for the sharing session, just drop by and be there. I don't think you will make a trip empty handed back. Make sure you bring trolley...hee hee.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Lol bro! Poison thanks to felix iwagumi and marvelous HC.

I'm not driving. Hmm..actually for the eheim and jbl, can only think of one place in the east unless Qian Hu price is compatable. Buying the additives and stones from GC but if they have ADA sure. Not been to c328 so i' ll drop by take a look.

So its GC, C328 maybe blueplanet(saw they have rocks, will call and ask) and then back to seaview. Maybe drop by mainland ans some of the other shops there to check things out.

Hmm. Maybe the talk will be a good distraction for gf. While she listens i quickly make payment.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

GC got a lot of shrimps. :X CRS too...but I don't have experience in shrimps...only wood shrimp and yamatos.

I think you will be stuck just choosing the correct rock face or wood face. Color of the stone; Color of the wood, the sexy contour of the rock/wood then turn left/right, turn front/back, frown, then look, put down then pick up again. ^_^ Oh...328 is walking distance from GC. Pasir Ris fish farm also have a lot of rocks and stuffs like that. But correct color and size might differ on your preference and the size of your tank. Do small small will be good enough. If you going for 2ft, then Totto filter is just nice. No need to go for ehiem liao.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

2 Feet tank? your fine grain will have left over.
    If for 3 feet, 1 packet of normal grain 100% not enough if you intend to have a good scape.

Do play with the normal grain inside the tank and get a rough idea of your rock arrangement.
    Personally i won't play too much, Kiasu at heart don't want to wake Boost-P all over :P

When you going blueplanet? Never been there before so ask me along... my number very easy to find in fourm...

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

@ blue whale - 3ft bro. Once I arrive at GC, I will tell them rocks to do catwalk for me. Top 7-9 sexist gets to come home.

@ felix, oh I have gex left overs about 20kg worth. The ADA is for the top and the powder for the icing. The additives just to try or rather add flavour to the "cake". Never use them before. Want to see the difference. As for blueplanet. Not confirm. As mention my trip on that day will be KK Hospital, GC, C328, Blueplanet(if they have rocks) and then back to Seaview. If there's time, will head down to Pasir Ris Farms (Mainland and the others opposite Erricson Pet) I wanna feed them kois again. LOL. feel like swimming with them.

And by the way, my dad used to do plants but now with stroke don't think he can help. So the plant will be to get HC, Rotala green and red and something else to place near rocks. Not too tall.

Oh my number 9eight triplezero 424. Muahaha Talk about coding.
    VSGenesis