Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Go go. 20kg!!! Roland will be happy.
    1kg how much there sia? The usual $5?
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Rocks for Iwagumi

$7 per kg last time I checked
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

What?! 7 bucks per kilo??

Okay so I got to be wise and pick the good ones. 20kg is 140bucks. Err..Will rethink that. LOL.
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I be there 11-1 or so, can't miss. lol. genesis your schedule looks busy but plants can wait next week. do up the basic first, use next week long weekend to work the rest.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I believe it was 8 per kg a month ago

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ok, its $8/kg then
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Faints!!! Okay then, must choose wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    I be there 11-1 or so, can't miss. lol. genesis your schedule looks busy but plants can wait next week. do up the basic first, use next week long weekend to work the rest.
    Soil and what not are in place. I'm just switching to external filters and using co2.

Part 1: Aquascapping - Additives, Soil, Rocks, (try to squeeze every ounce of creativity I can master), Powder Soil,
    Part 2: Foreground plants, medium size plants and background plants. Insert plus backache. Fix Filter, Fix Co2.

Actually I am looking at doing it at one go tomorrow or continue planting on Sunday as I will be on leave Monday.

LOL!! So exciting to start a new project. Hopefully, I get what I sow.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jovel View Post
    I believe it was 8 per kg a month ago
    Yes $8 per kg, i was very sad that day. wanted a rock, 4kg just nice beyond what i told CO.... by $2...

Cannot finish all in 1 day, we don't have 48 hours. All my rescapes were done over a few days - 1 week.

Quote Originally Posted by VSGenesis View Post
    What?! 7 bucks per kilo??

Okay so I got to be wise and pick the good ones. 20kg is 140bucks. Err..Will rethink that. LOL.
    Good ones hard to come by, when you spot. GRAB! (this i heard from shadow when i join, only now i feel the exact feeling )
    Btw, you already know i have a small stack... that plus the ones in 3 feet already exceed 100 long ago, funny part is IT LOOKS REALLY LITTLE LOL
    Last edited by felix_fx2; 30th Mar 2012 at 19:28. Reason: merging posts
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes $8 per kg, i was very sad that day. wanted a rock, 4kg just nice beyond what i told CO.... by $2...

Cannot finish all in 1 day, we don't have 48 hours. All my rescapes were done over a few days - 1 week.

Good ones hard to come by, when you spot. GRAB! (this i heard from shadow when i join, only now i feel the exact feeling )
    Btw, you already know i have a small stack... that plus the ones in 3 feet already exceed 100 long ago, funny part is IT LOOKS REALLY LITTLE LOL
    Little? Maybe your box too big. =P Slowly collect.

Will see. Will do a journal in my own computer. Journal on AQ...err, will see how first. LOL
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ya, I like to grab and run (after paying of course). Developed that habbit long ago. I have learned lesson that if you ponder too long, you may not get the same items again and several visits may cost even more. Even if you bought the not- so-ideal products out of impulse, it may come in handy someday….hmm

Quote Originally Posted by VSGenesis View Post
    LOL!! So exciting to start a new project. Hopefully, I get what I sow.

Good start is half success and should ensure sustainable scene – never get tired viewing your ownscape over and over again. Like me,1 to 2 years still very pleased with my humble “jungle”, the faster they grow the merrier.

The other half of the success is even more challenging. Don’t forget subsequent maintenance is equally important. You must ensure the water parameter is right, what fauna is suitable, prevent algae strike, minimize pest populations and trim your flora regularly. Afterall, fish tank is a living craft and not static art or vase...haha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Remember our hobby required patience.

Okay...now for some vitamin - non aquarium stuffs.

Look like some cave thingy, but why nobody think of creating something like that?
    Attachment 29718

Look at the face of the rock...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

eh Micheal, don't shy post your tank pictures !!! :P

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

eh Micheal, don't shy post your tank pictures !!! :P
    Which one? The Cories?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

scape tank... i have no interest with the cute fish with whiskers hahaha.... you can choose to show stones also.. if nice you will find me trying to PM you.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Mine is pretty ordinary. : ) Practising. And cooking rock sugar now as I post from mua SGSII. Besides DW scape you have seen a lot. I need to see beautuful rocks before I will buy them. Stock up first. The lava rocks not deployed yet.

I FB up, you can go see. plus you might see the dw I used to grow algae.
    Last edited by Blue Whale; 30th Mar 2012 at 21:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I come across someone doing that. But the rocks you need will take time. If I'm not wrong it's hong konger.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hong Kong have a street... we have 3 shops in close range... cannot win...
    btw, they have Play scapes do you know? purely used to play rocks and substrate... so if top 10 have SG/MY people, i am really proud of them.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

that would be very interesting to see.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Actually if you take a step back and look at the 2nd pict closer; now assuming those cardinals are not XL. Then the rocks should not be very big either. So the thinker here is if the rocks are not big, the face of the rocks looks pretty pretty unique. Comes back to where can I find such unique rocks.

I really do not think doing a iwa tank is very difficult. What is difficult is sourcing the beautiful faces one. Even placing of rocks, most of us have experience in how to arrange things like Driftwood, plants, etc. Hence basic skill is already there. As for upkeeping of the tank, it still comes back to the point if the rock will affect the ph and by how much. This is also something to test after you have acquire the rock. Preparation in advance is always a must. Our hobby is really really about patience.

=================================
    Mua's Sat plan differs from VSGenesis.

I'd go for the sharing session. Hope to navigate my way to JZX as I have not visited the place before. Got time I'd drop by Y618, last destination is Causeway Point to visit Comic Shop follow by HomeFix and hopefully to pick up a shelf of 3-4 tier. Sunday might spent time repainting the retrofitting the shelf. I haven't pick up any light set and electrical stuffs yet but retrofitting should be quite extensive, including anti-rust, re-painting. I do have a third tank currently to help me see what height should I adjust. Also looking whether to put up the anti-skit map and do some balancing measurements. This will be setup in my room which is already filled by a 4 tier rackful of plants which also a nursery to some of the nanas.
    Last edited by Blue Whale; 30th Mar 2012 at 22:33.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I'd go for the sharing session. Hope to navigate my way to JZX as I have not visited the place before. Got time I'd drop by Y618, last destination is Causeway Point to visit Comic Shop follow by HomeFix and hopefully to pick up a shelf of 3-4 tier. Sunday might spent time repainting the retrofitting the shelf. I haven't pick up any light set and electrical stuffs yet but retrofitting should be quite extensive, including anti-rust, re-painting. I do have a third tank currently to help me see what height should I adjust. Also looking whether to put up the anti-skit map and do some balancing measurements. This will be setup in my room which is already filled by a 4 tier rackful of plants which also a nursery to some of the nanas.
    You have very interesting programmes, no blog to share those "adventures"?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast