Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Maintaining Temperature

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    As an oxygen fan (as in ardent fan), I simply luv the idea of putting spray bars at the water surface. It will work miracles to make fish happy and healthy. I wouldn't put a spray bar anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystikboy View Post
    Living 22 floors up with a 20w hopar fan, my daytime temperature was 25-26.5 nighttime 24-25. 2 feet tank.
    But it wasn't really quiet. Upgraded to a cross flow cooling fan. Virtually no noise but I compromise in terms of cooling power (about 2degrees hotter now) I think it's partly the v humid day inhibiting evaporation, as I only upgraded today.

I realize that surface agitation is a good complement to a fan. With a spray bar near the surface, my tank's temperature is about .5 degree lower at any point of time as compared to a single outflow.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    Suppose the diff is -5C then use a marker to write on the tank's thermometer. Each reading you just take the reading -5C.
    Just my luck, the normal thermometer is out of battery. but guess what...the temperature on the external thermometer shows that the temperature dropped below 27C (guess that it telling me that it's working fine, my bad) and the internal one is showing 25C horray both temperatures were taken at about 12 noon.
    ~~Steven ~~
    Another Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    2ft Tank ~~~Terappin Moonlight Gourami~~~
    4ft Tank ~~~Oto Nerite Snail Platy Zebra Danio Glass Bloodfin Cardinal Tetra Albino Cory Khuli Weather Loach Rainbow Shark~~~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by xXXXx13 View Post
    Just my luck, the normal thermometer is out of battery. but guess what...the temperature on the external thermometer shows that the temperature dropped below 27C (guess that it telling me that it's working fine, my bad) and the internal one is showing 25C horray both temperatures were taken at about 12 noon.
    Okay now, since it is more or less stable and given the high humidity now, it seems cool enough. The tank being cool will help to cool the room a bit but notice that your humidity in the room / living room will built up, hence either you have a dehumidifier or just ventilate the room more, reposition the furniture if required. If you don't have anything to try on now, just wait till I finish my rack, which would be end April or so, I should have some interesting stuffs you might wanna pick up later on. Remember, an idea triggers another idea. Good job, have a good rest today.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Alright, thank you in advance. Eagerly waiting to see you final product. You rest well too. Cheers.
    ~~Steven ~~
    Another Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    2ft Tank ~~~Terappin Moonlight Gourami~~~
    4ft Tank ~~~Oto Nerite Snail Platy Zebra Danio Glass Bloodfin Cardinal Tetra Albino Cory Khuli Weather Loach Rainbow Shark~~~

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    In a proper setup, as much as 4 such fans can be deployed for use as failover, aka if one failed the rest will continue to operate.
    failover? Do you mean use 4 units 1 broke 3 still running or something very special?????
    CANS is the name long forgotten with 8.5/10 people all reading ANS only
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

My water temp drop till 27degrees last nite. That's the lowest it can go.
    Realize the water evaporates very fast. Need to top up abt 2 tub of tau hua gong per day. Will it be too much for the shrimps and plants to handle? And also do you guys add anything in the refill water? Cheers

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexxer View Post
    My water temp drop till 27degrees last nite. That's the lowest it can go.
    Realize the water evaporates very fast. Need to top up abt 2 tub of tau hua gong per day. Will it be too much for the shrimps and plants to handle? And also do you guys add anything in the refill water? Cheers
    I top up every alternate day 2 litre, 50% WC during weekends.

Plants should not be a problem but some shrimps will not like it. The gh/tds will increase as evaporation will leave minireals behind & your just adding more in.
    I age water for topup in 1 litre containers.

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

did you add any stuff in the water?like anti-chlorine?
    my fren is telling me to use distill water. will that be better?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Errr..not exactly accurate. The correct name should be Cans not ANS. Most people do not see the C in front. 3000 stand for Cooling Fans 3000. Their product range would have 1000, 2000 and 3000 defined by the different rpm.
    Sorry bro, I have to disagree with you. The name of the product is ANS -or Aqua Nature System. The front that looks like C is just a design of the product. The company distributing this is East Ocean Aquatic Trading Centre. www.eastoceansg.com CANS is not the product name. On their web they call it ANS as well. I did a call to confirm and it's ANS not CANS. Perhaps years ago people see them as CANS but C stands for? It cannot be cooling as ANS sells other products like nets, co2 accesories.

Ah Boy: "Auntie, I want CANS Cooling Fan 3000"
    LFS Auntie: "Simi CANS? Oh CO2 Cans ah? Yo. Nah pian. 2 litre 3 litre 5litre, you want which one?"
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexxer View Post
    did you add any stuff in the water?like anti-chlorine?
    my fren is telling me to use distill water. will that be better?
    Nope, aged water never add all that. They sit for a few days and I'm not keeping those expensive shrimp. Only Sakura max, I think my gh also quite high as I dose fert.

He is not really wrong in a sense. But you might want to see what you will be keeping against what he is keeping. Make a judge on what you see/hear/research and from there make a choice.

Btw: No sms lingos please. The next one I will start giving infraction.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by VSGenesis View Post
    LFS Auntie: "Simi CANS? Oh CO2 Cans ah? Yo. Nah pian. 2 litre 3 litre 5litre, you want which one?"
    Sound very very familiar hahahaha

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Will try to kick the habit. So sorry about that. Thanks for the advise

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry bro, I have to disagree with you. The name of the product is ANS -or Aqua Nature System. The front that looks like C is just a design of the product. The company distributing this is East Ocean Aquatic Trading Centre. www.eastoceansg.com CANS is not the product name. On their web they call it ANS as well. I did a call to confirm and it's ANS not CANS. Perhaps years ago people see them as CANS but C stands for? It cannot be cooling as ANS sells other products like nets, co2 accesories.

Okay, my bad. You are right. Anyway, we are referring to the same product.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hehe. Ya same product but wait say wrong auntie go huh?

Anyway, i'm still thinking about the fans i'm using now. My room is bad. I have to switch to a chiller instead. Saw sona fans just now the ones you guys were talking about. Those clips ons. But 20 bucks.

Is it just me or its getting humid these days?
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Anyway, i'm still thinking about the fans i'm using now. My room is bad. I have to switch to a chiller instead. Saw sona fans just now the ones you guys were talking about. Those clips ons. But 20 bucks.

If you increase evaporation, it will get more humid, anyway before and after rain, always feels humid. Ahem...your C328 auntie can look blur, but in the right language, say if you looking for a certain Jebo external filter with a certain model number. She will ask you to wait....10mins passed and she come back with the correct filter, brand new, and give you a discount somemore. People can grow old one, your turn will come. Careful next time what others will say about you when you grow old. It's a cycle....heh heh...call retribution. In time to come, you will be the CO2 powerhouse. So no need to buy PowerHouse liao. In case you don't know what is it, go back GC again.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

If you increase evaporation, it will get more humid, anyway before and after rain, always feels humid. Ahem...your C328 auntie can look blur, but in the right language, say if you looking for a certain Jebo external filter with a certain model number. She will ask you to wait....10mins passed and she come back with the correct filter, brand new, and give you a discount somemore. People can grow old one, your turn will come. Careful next time what others will say about you when you grow old. It's a cycle....heh heh...call retribution. In time to come, you will be the CO2 powerhouse. So no need to buy PowerHouse liao. In case you don't know what is it, go back GC again.
    See the powerhouse product and the price. wah Cannot "tahan" haha

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I poor man bro. Can't afford those powerhouse products. Apparently they say most LFS uses them for their own? It's too expensive for my pocket.
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

My Sona Fan big one, keke... the smaller clip on not sure throw where, but have one also....
    Don't those clip on remind you of Old time taxi fans ?

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    My Sona Fan big one, keke... the smaller clip on not sure throw where, but have one also....
    Those taxi fan clip small. Really good just nice to clip. Still remember that.

My mom uses the toyomi brand. She clip it onto the cupboard in the kitchen. When she cooks she switch it on. Haha. Thought I use the fan to experiment for 2 weeks. But then it's so darn oily!!

Saw the Sona fan but $20. Hais, poor folks like me, I think I use the olden day fan as attached.

Oh by the way, did I miss your reply on another thread regarding kotobuki fan?
    (Nvm, saw it. Thanks.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VSGenesis; 17th Apr 2012 at 17:50. Reason: Thread found on kotobuki
    VSGenesis

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    this one ah?

These few days really hard to keep the temp on a stable mode. Even with the fan, keep temp is pretty jumpy.

Kinda concerned about the shrimps. Thinking of letting go it to better owner and swap in for some fishes instead.. Any good input for this concern?

Advice from boss Felix