Country
    Singapore

Re: Maintaining Temperature

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by diazman View Post
    Haha. Since getting proper lightset on smaller tanks are an issue, didnt crossed my mind till you posting your ingenious idea. The lights and temperature issues were driving me nuts My nano T5 already burned out good after 3 months usage, just left the remnants of it's body

The light clip holder think i can get easily from one of the bargain shops down my place (those so called " 1 dollar shop or something"), saw them selling but have to confirm again. The one you used just fit in the bulb and plug to a power socket aye?
    E27 is the big screw in. So if you are looking at bulbs, make sure you get the fat screw in. There is the smaller one also, so it comes down to your holder. When selecting the bulbs, note that there is the brown light and white light. Choose the white once unless you really really wanna have Romance De Amor for the tank. Brown one looks romantic but think about it if you need to capture a photo.

My photos by far are captured using my Samsung Galaxy SII smartphone, there is no macro feature on the phone plus I usually take the photos without the flash LED light. : ) So there is a thinker for you. You might have different idea since you are a DIY person as well; so a reference point for you to consider.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

You mean the K rating right? brown light probably 2700k ish ( and i always have that issue when looking for replace bulb for my kitchen, ends up getting "daylight" brown instead of the white ) Another thing I've been meaning to ask, your fan was directly clipped to the tank's glass? wouldn't it cause some kind of vibration to the tank?

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You mean the K rating right? brown light probably 2700k ish ( and i always have that issue when looking for replace bulb for my kitchen, ends up getting "daylight" brown instead of the white ) Another thing I've been meaning to ask, your fan was directly clipped to the tank's glass? wouldn't it cause some kind of vibration to the tank?
    There is a rubber in between the clip holder and the fan holder. There is another rubber between the fan holder and the tank. Vibration is minimal, else it will start to move the earth.

I do have one bad news for you though....Heat wave is not here yet. The recent heat is caused by the Northern Thailand Forest Fire and the air is 13 times more toxic due to chemical burning in the air than urbanised air. Hence it caused people to fall sick easily. Beside Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, are within the heat wave radius. Cambodia and Malaysia had also been hit with floods before that, hence it a good bed for Malaria, Mosquito breeding as well.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Alright noted, haha no worries, i've been sick for the past 4 months (in out in out, and there she goes, my hard earned part time salary ) Thanks for the temperature tips, will take note of all the given pointers! If the temperature can maintain between 26 at most, i am more than happy, but of course, i would like to attain your temperature of 24 C, which is really good, considering its a cheap alternative to operating a chiller

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Alright noted, haha no worries, i've been sick for the past 4 months (in out in out, and there she goes, my hard earned part time salary ) Thanks for the temperature tips, will take note of all the given pointers! If the temperature can maintain between 26 at most, i am more than happy, but of course, i would like to attain your temperature of 24 C, which is really good, considering its a cheap alternative to operating a chiller
    I think Snow Mountain Lotus Brand Cough Drop (water form) from Chinese TCM is suffice to combat cough ($8. Moving forward, in prep for extreme hot weather coming, I have ice blocks in my ice box. You should buy shallow rect. food container for that. No need the cover. Fill up water and ice it. So why shallow containers and not deep tall containers, well, as it becomes ice, the water mass will expand. Large Ice will break the container. Shallow container will not break so easily so you can keep re-using them. Once in a while, if I see it goes up to 26-27C, then I might wanna consider putting one ice block in. It melts at a very fast rate and the fish actually loves it. When it melts, the fish got time to get use to the change, if you pour immediately, there is a sudden change in temp and the fish might not like it that much.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Just the ice you put it in? Not in bags or anything? I was advised against the idea of putting ice in my tanks lol

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Just the ice you put it in? Not in bags or anything? I was advised against the idea of putting ice in my tanks lol
    Say only mar...when in a desperate condition say 30C tank, would you not do that? Once I had same idea too, don't subject the fish to extreme change in temp. Now if you are the fish, it's super hot and suddenly you have air con, how do you think? Based on my observation, the endlers, cardinals and molly actually swim towards the ice block instead of away from it. I guess mine are already commando grade. ^^Y

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    Say only mar...when in a desperate condition say 30C tank, would you not do that? Once I had same idea too, don't subject the fish to extreme change in temp. Now if you are the fish, it's super hot and suddenly you have air con, how do you think? Based on my observation, the endlers, cardinals and molly actually swim towards the ice block instead of away from it. I guess mine are already commando grade. ^^Y
    But mine are shrimps all recruits only! hahaha! In that case, will do standby just in case (my shrimps and plants are accustomed to 28-30C by the way)

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

But mine are shrimps all recruits only! hahaha! In that case, will do standby just in case (my shrimps and plants are accustomed to 28-30C by the way)
    Oooo...have you try small ice cubes instead, if your is hang on filter, you should be able to remove the cover of your filter, then place the ice cubes on the filter itself and let it drip slowly instead. Problem is you have to repeat the step once it is melted maybe 2-3 times.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    Remember one thing. Our hobby requires us as the maintenance guy. 1 fan that is well maintained from dust will function longer. You can use USB Fan, Cooler Fan, etc. but you'd have to ask one thing, how long does it last you. This Toyomi fan has been with me for more than 5 years, it is still running. Even if you have to use a cotton bud dipped with water to clean it, please do a good job on the up-keep of the fan. Temp is one of the critical factor for fish and plant. If it can cool 1-3C, it is normal. If it can cool 3-5C, itself is already a blessing. This isn't an expensive fan. $20-30 you can get one. At most $40. Compared to getting a $40 tank fan which breaks down in less than one year, you do the maths.

28W fan. Less than $20 per month.

Time now is 3:28PM : 25.3C
    I can wear down a fan very fast. Lol.
    Should say $15+ each month, running chiller can be as cheap as $1.20 each day ($30+) each month.

Someone more scary then you, using those metal fans in coffeeshop.

Btw, never buy with reflector? I was looking for designers edge e247 locally, IMO much better then these. Pm me if you interested. You can see them in home depot.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    I can wear down a fan very fast. Lol.
    Should say $15+ each month, running chiller can be as cheap as $1.20 each day ($30+) each month.

Someone more scary then you, using those metal fans in coffeeshop.

Btw, never buy with reflector? I was looking for designers edge e247 locally, IMO much better then these. Pm me if you interested. You can see them in home depot.

Sona fan you meant, got...lol!In my room. Looking for directional holder...must be Cheap. I cheapo!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Buy from mustafa?
    Too big for comfort to use with a tank. Even the smaller one. Just my 50 cents.

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Buy from mustafa?
    Too big for comfort to use with a tank. Even the smaller one. Just my 50 cents.
    I flicker minded, might just incorporate into the rack and make some covers instead. Still designing my rack. This weekend, hope to built up the rack. So more poison coming...heh heh

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Bro blue whale, mind telling me where you got those E27 clips? cant believe all 3 hardware store in my neigbourhood shops all ran out of them

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bro blue whale, mind telling me where you got those E27 clips? cant believe all 3 hardware store in my neigbourhood shops all ran out of them
    Ho Ho...now you ask the right question. Take 900 (From Woodlands Interchange) to Woodlands Vista Point (Ave. 4). 2nd Floor. ^^Y Cheap Cheap. There are two. The one nearer to the food court on 2nd floor.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Lol amazing.

Japan home @ tanjong pagar mrt

Seaview sells a clip on using e27 also.
    You have whatsapp? Cause also have exact on the picture price so I'll send from there.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Like I say cheap cheap ^^Y Yeah! Yeah! Go! Go! Go!

The amazing part is when you untie everything and see how "flexible" you can adjust your bulb.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    No reflector. If not I would have bought one myself.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks boss, sent you my contact. Hmm, i managed to find the one with a reflector BUT i have to rewire them and im lazy

Argh, its frustrating, my hands itching from the poison

EDIT: think i could diy a cheap reflector to mount on that fixture?

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Mirror, reflector, anything you can try, so long you make it cheap cheap. ^^Y

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast