7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    The faster it cools in normal temp the more water evaporates leaving only the minerals.

Gh likely increase if water is dropped up. Unless DI or RO is used.

But then, firered not crs. Yet still livestock.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Maintaining Temperature

Results after getting a desk clip on fan was quite disappointing - Temp remained @ 27-27.9. Guess i will let it run abit longer and see how it goes

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    cooling 3000 effective but not lasting and noisy. owned one until it went to graveyard despite maintenace.
    My last unit lasted me 1.5 years.
    I replaced it with a existing one i bought from my sim lim sq days. Exactly same type minus the clamp and very much older.

Noisy yes about 35 decibels IMO yet not as noisy to what i call a fan. (the sitting version of what you recommended.)
    Desk Oscillator

Quote Originally Posted by diazman View Post
    Results after getting a desk clip on fan was quite disappointing - Temp remained @ 27-27.9. Guess i will let it run abit longer and see how it goes
    So bad? blue whale say can reach 24D.
    Btw, now is still cool at night. so cool that i see 26D on most of my outdoor tanks and indoor.. how come your home so humid.

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Puzzles me too bro. Not just my home though, but my area here feels abit humid, even under the block. Additionally, it's quite smoky here from recent burning of papers from under my block. The surprising thing is that the tank temperature sets back between 28-29, hovering back and forth. Think I get a spare digital thermometer and double check.

The funny thing is, my moss looks much more lively, and spreading like wildfire despite the temperature (except for the Java moss, which shows almost no sign of growth), and the cherry shrimps are breeding nuts. Guess i should leave it at that and see how things go down the lane. Good thing though, the change in light saw no more jump in the tank's water temperature during it's operating hours.

Probably its time to go sulawesi?
    Last edited by diazman; 5th Apr 2012 at 23:15.

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Puzzles me too bro. Not just my home though, but my area here feels abit humid, even under the block. Additionally, it's quite smoky here from recent burning of papers from under my block. The surprising thing is that the tank temperature sets back between 28-29, hovering back and forth. Think I get a spare digital thermometer and double check.
    You should have those thermometer for human right? Try using it under the water, above soil bed to measure. How long have you been running anyway?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Close to 8 hours I suppose. I have taken note that cooling by fan does take time. but when i saw the temperature @ 27 when the lights came on . haha. I guess it really has to do with the room temperature. Its quite stuffy even as im typing this out. Window's open to ventilate but still.. bleh

Edit: Also, i rarely get wind movement around my block here. North and South from my side is blocked by another HDB flat followed by an indian temple. To make it worse, carpark situated front and back, so my house's practically building up dust and heat. Its a low section house anyways, guess the next time i get my own house, get into a higher unit floor like level 10 or something

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Close to 8 hours I suppose. I have taken note that cooling by fan does take time. but when i saw the temperature @ 27 when the lights came on . haha. I guess it really has to do with the room temperature. Its quite stuffy even as im typing this out. Window's open to ventilate but still.. bleh

Edit: Also, i rarely get wind movement around my block here. North and South from my side is blocked by another HDB flat followed by an indian temple. To make it worse, carpark situated front and back, so my house's practically building up dust and heat. Its a low section house anyways, guess the next time i get my own house, get into a higher unit floor like level 10 or something
    Lower your water level. The light should be minimum clearance from water 8cm. Lift the light higher. Anyway, should be lights off at this point. Allow the fan to blow at maximum water surface area. I am running 3 lights here, one of them is a LED bulb which runs 24/7. 3 lights height from water is 8cm, 10cm, 12cm, respectively. Don't blame the house. Hot air rises Cold air sinks.

The smoke nothing to do with the temple. Air pollution descended upon Singapore again. I am getting it here as well. If you want to lower room temperature, Saturday come to the GC Sharing Session, after that I will teach you how to construct HC based Air Purifier. Easier if you want to come over Woodlands my place. My room is the coolest part in the entire house because my plants helps it to be cool.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Alright, will reduce the water abit. Kinda high now Maybe one of the days book you i come over your house haha. Now busy with part time work and polytechnic. Hectic life la.

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Alright, will reduce the water abit. Kinda high now Maybe one of the days book you i come over your house haha. Now busy with part time work and polytechnic. Hectic life la.
    Leave the light on timer. I have broken into 2hrs 7hrs respectively regarding timer. The idea of evaporation is Maximum water surface area for cooling. You have a lot of obstruction at the moment due to the light, adjusting higher will help. First thing tomorrow wake up go read your temperature. okay? btw, toyomi fan at Fan Speed II instead of I right?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

If there is a gap between the Hang On Filter water and the water surface area, it will help to cool off the water as well. You should feel the motor of the filter if this is the heat source. If yes, consider GEX Slim S or Slim M for your tank. I am using Slim L at the moment. My filter is 4cm above water level.

Ok...I retire into the night liao. Stormy should be around.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Temperature remained the same .28 flat. Gonna get another thermometer to bench test. Im suspecting that my current thermometer is not working accurately.

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

#107, 109, 110 contains replies that is crucial to you.
    In addition, if the motor of the filter is working very hard, take it out and maintain it. Dismantle the lower part, take out fins, clean it blade by blade. Filter motor has to be maintain tip top, any jamming would cause temperature to rise as well. If the thermometer is reading is 28C, it should read 28C at the time you post because temp is rising due to weather. Take note is the thermometer is out by 1C, just -1C from the reading each time you read it. Still usable in this sense, don't have to be totally accurate.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

So far did all the necessary:

1: lowered water accordingly and rose the light higher

2: The light wise, i can only on it during the night time as it's the only time im around to supervise the tank. lighting time is 8 hours.

3: Im running the GEX S now. However, care to share how the GEX slim series will help to reduce the water temp? Isn't the series has a submerged motor right?

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

@diazman

May I know where you bought your GEX Hang-On Filter from? Do they have GEX "L" model?

I am an ardent fan of Hang-On Filters. I already bought two new ones (big)which are not used yet, but this one is the slimmest of all I have come across yet with plenty of space for bio media.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    @diazman

May I know where you bought your GEX Hang-On Filter from? Do they have GEX "L" model?

I am an ardent fan of Hang-On Filters. I already bought two new ones (big)which are not used yet, but this one is the slimmest of all I have come across yet with plenty of space for bio media.
    Got them from Polyart. They have the L size over there, just need to ask them. The S model cost me 19 bucks.

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    @diazman

Okok we all know your a hof and o2 fan already

@diazman: revert with your ambient temp. I have good air flow when in night plus I got a desk fan plus the large sona fan nearby my indoor tanks.

Semi-Active currently

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

im pretty sure i have good air flow considering i have those heavy duty steel blade fan as my bed fan

Anyhow, the tank's temp @ 26.2 as of 5:56 PM. Hovering between 26-26.9, guess it will drop further. Going in for the kill

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Finally...ha ha.....Clap Clap Clap.....successful graduation!!!! Now....if only you check your water level daily. ^^

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I'd also gotten myself a toyomi clip fan third day running and been keeping the tank temperature below 27D since last evening. Lowest it had dropped to is 26D as of this late afternoon. Hope that this can maintain on the subsequent days despite the cool weather this 3 days.
    ~~Steven ~~
    Another Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    2ft Tank ~~~Terappin Moonlight Gourami~~~
    4ft Tank ~~~Oto Nerite Snail Platy Zebra Danio Glass Bloodfin Cardinal Tetra Albino Cory Khuli Weather Loach Rainbow Shark~~~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by xXXXx13 View Post
    I'd also gotten myself a toyomi clip fan third day running and been keeping the tank temperature below 27D since last evening. Lowest it had dropped to is 26D as of this late afternoon. Hope that this can maintain on the subsequent days despite the cool weather this 3 days.
    Ooo...I didn't know got follower, hi hi!
    Okie, try to eliminate your heat source, should drop further. Most of the instructions is already documented in this thread, so try to re-read if necessary. 27C not bad. But aim 26, follow by 25C then 24C.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast