Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: xmoss need CO2 and lots of light?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

xmoss need CO2 and lots of light?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone..... looking into xmoss..... wandering do we need to have CO2 and lights for this plant? What if I don't have any CO2? Will the plant die off? Need ur advise...... thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    pardon me if i sound a little thick, but what's xmoss? A mutant bryophyte in spandex with a healing factor and telekinetic powers?

Errr.... I also seem to remember (in those dim, distant days of old sometime in the last century) stern schoolmasters telling me that plants use CO2, add a dash of visible electromagnetic spectrum and make simple carbohydrates and this funny stuff called oxygen as a result. I also heard that periods of darkness (cause by some Dark Lord or horrid meteoric strike that blocks out the sun's rays) sometimes occur in which nearly all life on earth would perish. I know it's true, cos it's exactly like that in this cool show called the Matrix!!! But I realise up to 40% of children in this sad world lack even a basic education, so it wouldn't be right for me to judge....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi...

my xmas moss nv use any co2...
    but using quite strong light...
    abt 12 hours...
    but there r quite hardy i guess...
    Regards,
    Izzat

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Budak was having so much fun above he forgot to mention this link which some find helpful..... of course you have to read it first for it to be of any use......

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    May i add that my own experience finds mosses growing in both CO2 and non-CO2 injected tanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Australia

Re:

[quote:f9ddd5638d="budak"]pardon me if i sound a little thick, but what's xmoss? A mutant bryophyte in spandex with a healing factor and telekinetic powers?

Errr.... I also seem to remember (in those dim, distant days of old sometime in the last century) stern schoolmasters telling me that plants use CO2, add a dash of visible electromagnetic spectrum and make simple carbohydrates and this funny stuff called oxygen as a result. I also heard that periods of darkness (cause by some Dark Lord or horrid meteoric strike that blocks out the sun's rays) sometimes occur in which nearly all life on earth would perish. I know it's true, cos it's exactly like that in this cool show called the Matrix!!! But I realise up to 40% of children in this sad world lack even a basic education, so it wouldn't be right for me to judge....[/quote:f9ddd5638d]

Wahahahahaha Budak, you never fail to make me laugh.
    Well in simple terms my dear friend. Xmas Moss (Not Xmoss) as you might have termed it or any kind of mosses require light, how strong depends on how well you want it to grow. CO2 is not a must but it will aid its growth. However, if your lights are so strong, be sure that you keep the temperature in check! Or they might burn in the wrath of the god of light and begin to 'go into the bright pretty lights!'

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks guys for the advised. :P