Advertisements
Green Chapter Banner East Ocean Aquatic Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Glosso yellowing!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    151
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Glosso yellowing!

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Subquaria

    Sera
    I in need of desperate help! The glossos which I've been putting so much effort in have carpeted nicely, but they're starting to yellow!
    I dose seachem trace 2ml daily
    Seachem phosphate 2ml daily
    Borneowild growth ( organic carbon , calcium and magnesium) 2ml daily
    Borneowild essence k (potassium and trace) 2ml daily
    I use JBL 7 balls as root ferts

    Do I need to dose iron or nitrogen?
    Which product would you recommend?
    Ideal ppm to achieve?

    Help help glossos are yellowing!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    329
    Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Images
    13
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    You do need to dose iron and N. Just dose the normal amount macro, micro, n, p, k, trace element will do as they are not really hard to maintain. Did you trim them to prevent them overlapping and new grown?
    Aquascaper?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    151
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    Yes trimming are done to regent overlapping , I also changed from a glass diffuser to sera active flora reactor , currently powered by an atman cf 600, could it be co2 problem?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North/Central SG
    Posts
    4,558
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    38
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    Quote Originally Posted by monstar View Post
    Yes trimming are done to regent overlapping , I also changed from a glass diffuser to sera active flora reactor , currently powered by an atman cf 600, could it be co2 problem?
    Boss, post a picture of a section of the yellowing glosso. much easier to tell...
    the rough guess will be always arrowed at N and Iron.

    Anyway, i found this online. (Kudos to the maker of this version, all credits go to him)
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - Aquarium.allowed.org

    Semi-Active currently

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    151
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Boss, post a picture of a section of the yellowing glosso. much easier to tell...
    the rough guess will be always arrowed at N and Iron.

    Anyway, i found this online. (Kudos to the maker of this version, all credits go to him)
    Hi glosso king! I'll upload the pictures when time permits
    I feel that it's calcium pale growth, but seachem trace doesn't provide, should I put crushed corals?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    151
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    151
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    please help save my glossos! the left side of the tank is doing good, the center portion is getting real yellow, starting dosing seachem iron and nitrogen 1.5ml daily for my 90L tank, no change so far. could co2 supply be the problem? i switched from a diffuser to a sera flora activ reactor 500, at 2 - 3 bps, glossos are pearling thou

    daily dose summary
    seachem trace 2ml
    seachem iron 1.5ml
    seachem nitrogen 1.5ml
    BW growth ( C , Mg , Ca) 2ml
    BW essence k ( trace and k ) 2ml

    photoperiod 7am - 12am , 5pm to 10 pm(10hours)

    regarding nitrogen , would increasing the livestocks help?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North/Central SG
    Posts
    4,558
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    38
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    This one my eyes have problem checking... yellowish abit only to me...
    I see your also splitting photo period (reminds me of my glosso timing so much)

    IMO, i will up the fert dosage. But that's in a personal preference. but before that i will do a good trim, starting to look like seaview's glosso horror before they decom it :P
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - Aquarium.allowed.org

    Semi-Active currently

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    151
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    Yea seaviews glosso horror , they rescale it with hg now their hg is full of bba! Up fert dosage to how much?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North/Central SG
    Posts
    4,558
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    38
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    hmmm... maybe +0.5ml to iron and nitrogen. then observe if any change...
    i won't really say pearling is defined as healthy plants, but rather saturated of co2/o2 in water that the o2 produced cannot dissolve back in. Thus the pearling.
    Co2 in abundance is good for plants, but if the remainder of what they need is in short supply then "good day!"
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - Aquarium.allowed.org

    Semi-Active currently

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    151
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    hmmm... maybe +0.5ml to iron and nitrogen. then observe if any change...
    i won't really say pearling is defined as healthy plants, but rather saturated of co2/o2 in water that the o2 produced cannot dissolve back in. Thus the pearling.
    Co2 in abundance is good for plants, but if the remainder of what they need is in short supply then "good day!"
    The remainder of what they need is short in supply? I don't get this. But really crossing my fingers hope its not gonna become like seaviews glosso tank

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North/Central SG
    Posts
    4,558
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    38
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    In short everything else give enough.
    If you don't trim very soon haha, the front of your tank IMO already look like that tank LoL.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - Aquarium.allowed.org

    Semi-Active currently

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    151
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    Just did a mega deforestation! even the drop checker turned from green to yellow! up ferts to 3ml daily! really buring my pockets!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North/Central SG
    Posts
    4,558
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    38
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    Quote Originally Posted by monstar View Post
    Just did a mega deforestation! even the drop checker turned from green to yellow! up ferts to 3ml daily! really buring my pockets!
    now you join the bleeding-pockets gang..
    Drop checker only a guage, for you to see a delayed info. but you "shoik" see yellow right? ahahaha
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - Aquarium.allowed.org

    Semi-Active currently

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    151
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    now you join the bleeding-pockets gang..
    Drop checker only a guage, for you to see a delayed info. but you "shoik" see yellow right? ahahaha
    Yupp shook to see yellow! Means previously the I indicator showing green is due to the intake of the glosso, after trip plants still look yellow, what could be limiting iron and nitrogen?

    I have a small bag of biohome in my filter , does the BB break down nitrogen ferts?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North/Central SG
    Posts
    4,558
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    38
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    Quote Originally Posted by monstar View Post
    Yupp shook to see yellow! Means previously the I indicator showing green is due to the intake of the glosso, after trip plants still look yellow, what could be limiting iron and nitrogen?

    I have a small bag of biohome in my filter , does the BB break down nitrogen ferts?
    Actually should take few days to see reactions so maybe by tuesday.
    The question, even i also not 100% sure hahah. Not really the scientist, but by right should, but to what extent is another question.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - Aquarium.allowed.org

    Semi-Active currently

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    1,794
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Actually should take few days to see reactions so maybe by tuesday.
    The question, even i also not 100% sure hahah. Not really the scientist, but by right should, but to what extent is another question.
    My opinion is different plant, different reaction speed.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    151
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    now you join the bleeding-pockets gang..
    Drop checker only a guage, for you to see a delayed info. but you "shoik" see yellow right? ahahaha
    Hey Felix , the cheaper method of ferts is EI dosing, where can I get these chemicals? Does seaview carry them, is seachem equilibrium considered ?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North/Central SG
    Posts
    4,558
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    38
    Country
    Singapore
    Can try the mmn mix numbskull ordered. But that lack P, I posted a picture refer on his thread in aquascaping for further details.

    IMO, I will refer as dry fert. EI is more of a dosing regime. Time to read up
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - Aquarium.allowed.org

    Semi-Active currently

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Telok Blangah, SGP
    Posts
    9,719
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    78
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: Glosso yellowing!

    you can get Ca(NO3)2, K2SO4 and KH2PO4 such as lushgro from hydroponic shop.

    local online fert shop:
    http://www.ecocityhydroponics.com/lu...m-nitrate.html
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •