4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ro filter recommendation

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi as I dun drive, it's been a chore buying distill water. Anyone had experiences using ro filter on tap inlet?
    I want to install a ro filter at the tap in my toliet. I'm quite interested in the mosura ro filter but the problem is I cannot find any information on it from googling. Anyone using ro filter can recommend me a brand or product that filter my tap water? Most information I found online are those thousand plus one. I looking more to the range of $200 - $500.
    still learning the hard way!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Ro filter recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Neondagger View Post
    Hi as I dun drive, it's been a chore buying distill water. Anyone had experiences using ro filter on tap inlet?
    I want to install a ro filter at the tap in my toliet. I'm quite interested in the mosura ro filter but the problem is I cannot find any information on it from googling. Anyone using ro filter can recommend me a brand or product that filter my tap water? Most information I found online are those thousand plus one. I looking more to the range of $200 - $500.

try go mustafa

i saw 1 basic 1 hundred - 200 plus level 4
    I'm A Newbie Pls Don't Flame Me

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I would if they do installation for me cause I dun want to drill any sink or pipe and cause a flood lol

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I would if they do installation for me cause I dun want to drill any sink or pipe and cause a flood lol
    the filter that i told u was a unfix type jus screw onto your water tap

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    This one not bad but it seems to be smaller than some of the filter I seen online. I wonder if the filtration has lesser stage or might need more maintence? Is it RO?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

This one not bad but it seems to be smaller than some of the filter I seen online. I wonder if the filtration has lesser stage or might need more maintence? Is it RO?
    Benefits of Hyflux Gurgle Tap Filter F38:

• Saves electricity and reduces power bills as boiling is not required
    • Healthy water with beneficial minerals retained
    • Easy Installation – Fits most taps (diameter less than 25mm or 1 inch). No plumbing required.
    • Superior freshly filtered water for drinking and food preparation needs
    • Saves water usage with controlled water flow
    • 99.9999% bacteria-free, reduced virus and odourless water, thanks to Hyflux proprietary membrane technology

• Smallest membrane pore size (0.015 micron) for tap filter – ultrafiltration
    • 3 modes to suit your needs:Pure, Tap, Shower
    • Air Release Button – For better water flow and longer cartridge lifespan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by takaco View Post
    Benefits of Hyflux Gurgle Tap Filter F38:

• Saves electricity and reduces power bills as boiling is not required
    • Healthy water with beneficial minerals retained
    • Easy Installation – Fits most taps (diameter less than 25mm or 1 inch). No plumbing required.
    • Superior freshly filtered water for drinking and food preparation needs
    • Saves water usage with controlled water flow
    • 99.9999% bacteria-free, reduced virus and odourless water, thanks to Hyflux proprietary membrane technology

• Smallest membrane pore size (0.015 micron) for tap filter – ultrafiltration
    • 3 modes to suit your needs:Pure, Tap, Shower
    • Air Release Button – For better water flow and longer cartridge lifespan
    Thats not an RO filter. Its just a very very fine, ultrafilter. Normally, such filters are used to protect RO membrances. You'll still get almost the same GH and TDS as tap water even if you use this. Oh, and the chloramine too.

The mosura one actually sounds pretty ok, for its price. I sneaked a look at the sample in GC and is pretty easy to use & install, plus there's a valve that switches between the tap and the filter so you can leave it attached to your tap and only switch to the RO when in use.

Only thing is, mosura have yet to come out with replacement filters and pricings for them though I doubt mosura would just leave people without replacements. I couldn't find anything even near comparable at this price range locally, so unless you wanna explore overseas vendors, the mosura RO is a pretty ok choice.
    I just cannot convince myself yet that I really need to go RO...especially when I would probably need to make ALOT of it for the kind of volume I'm expecting to change

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
    Thats not an RO filter. Its just a very very fine, ultrafilter. Normally, such filters are used to protect RO membrances. You'll still get almost the same GH and TDS as tap water even if you use this. Oh, and the chloramine too.

The mosura one actually sounds pretty ok, for its price. I sneaked a look at the sample in GC and is pretty easy to use & install, plus there's a valve that switches between the tap and the filter so you can leave it attached to your tap and only switch to the RO when in use.

Only thing is, mosura have yet to come out with replacement filters and pricings for them though I doubt mosura would just leave people without replacements. I couldn't find anything even near comparable at this price range locally, so unless you wanna explore overseas vendors, the mosura RO is a pretty ok choice.
    I just cannot convince myself yet that I really need to go RO...especially when I would probably need to make ALOT of it for the kind of volume I'm expecting to change
    Bro, I think with that much amount of "wasted" water, you can open an laundry shop to use the water to wash clothes. Hahahaha
    Zack

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

There's many type of filter selling in Singapore now but den which 1 to believe we dunno

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    There's many type of filter selling in Singapore now but den which 1 to believe we dunno
    Haha thats why I need a thread for it. It's easier to do wc with ro water as I no need to go buy distill water and carry back cause from the bus stop to my house is quite a walking distance plus upslope.

Navanod thks for the tip. I also interested in the mosura ro filter but the problem about mosura, just like mosura soil. U can't find any official info online or on it's website. I never seem someone using the mosura filter yet and what I looking for is something small enough to put in a small table or under sink filter.
    Mosura filter is place on the table or under the sink? I have no clue how to install it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ZackZhou View Post
    Bro, I think with that much amount of "wasted" water, you can open an laundry shop to use the water to wash clothes. Hahahaha
    Yes, the reason why RO water is expensive is not just the startup cost of the filter or the filter material change. Its the amount of waste water generated. As the filter gets more and more choked, the rejection rate gets even higher and more water are rejected. I don't even have space to store the RO water, let alone store the waste water for recycling...

Bro, if the filter doesn't look like it had a place for an RO membrane, then its not an RO. Your next link http://www.btbtrading.com/cleansui/product/product.html also don't seemed to sell RO filters. The best they have is an ion exchange...not quite what we need.

Haha thats why I need a thread for it. It's easier to do wc with ro water as I no need to go buy distill water and carry back cause from the bus stop to my house is quite a walking distance plus upslope.

Navanod thks for the tip. I also interested in the mosura ro filter but the problem about mosura, just like mosura soil. U can't find any official info online or on it's website. I never seem someone using the mosura filter yet and what I looking for is something small enough to put in a small table or under sink filter.
    Mosura filter is place on the table or under the sink? I have no clue how to install it
    Actually, have you tested your tap water bro? Unless its very bad, you may not die die need RO. The advantages of RO I can see, is that we do not have to change as much volume during waterchange if we want to reduce TDS and that RO water will not increase pH. My tap water is currently TDS 75, GH 0 and pH7.8.
    So to drop a 100L tank of TDS 200 to 150, I would need to change 40L of water with my tap water, but only 25-30L if I use RO. Its a tempting prospect, but RO is slow to make, and need to watch it so it wouldn't overflow...alot of extra work on the back end too.

The mosura filter is about the size of a cat. You can put it anywhere you like as long as you connect the 3 tubings coming out of it to the correct places. 1 tube takes water from your tap. One tube discharges waste water, which you can run to a drain/sink, or a large container to store and recycle. The last tube is where the RO water comes out from. You can run this to another storage container, or direct into your aquarium but note that controlling it is TOTALLY manual (on/off the tap yourself) and the speed that the RO water comes out is quite slow, thats why most commercial RO systems comes with a large tank. 50 Gallon per day is equals to 189L over 24 hours, or just 7.8L per hour.

How much water do you need for your waterchange each time? If you need 40-80L like me, then you need a big drum to store the water, and a way to pump it into your tank. And you have to be there after 5 or 10 hours to switch off the tap unless you don't mind the RO water overflowing...

Only high end systems like the ones in my workplace have timing/volume controls, that'll shut off the RO on it own. The cost is out of this world...
    http://www.sartorius-stedim.com/WW/e...dmskp7b/mp.htm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, the reason why RO water is expensive is not just the startup cost of the filter or the filter material change. Its the amount of waste water generated. As the filter gets more and more choked, the rejection rate gets even higher and more water are rejected. I don't even have space to store the RO water, let alone store the waste water for recycling...

Bro, if the filter doesn't look like it had a place for an RO membrane, then its not an RO. Your next link http://www.btbtrading.com/cleansui/product/product.html also don't seemed to sell RO filters. The best they have is an ion exchange...not quite what we need.

Actually, have you tested your tap water bro? Unless its very bad, you may not die die need RO. The advantages of RO I can see, is that we do not have to change as much volume during waterchange if we want to reduce TDS and that RO water will not increase pH. My tap water is currently TDS 75, GH 0 and pH7.8.
    So to drop a 100L tank of TDS 200 to 150, I would need to change 40L of water with my tap water, but only 25-30L if I use RO. Its a tempting prospect, but RO is slow to make, and need to watch it so it wouldn't overflow...alot of extra work on the back end too.

The mosura filter is about the size of a cat. You can put it anywhere you like as long as you connect the 3 tubings coming out of it to the correct places. 1 tube takes water from your tap. One tube discharges waste water, which you can run to a drain/sink, or a large container to store and recycle. The last tube is where the RO water comes out from. You can run this to another storage container, or direct into your aquarium but note that controlling it is TOTALLY manual (on/off the tap yourself) and the speed that the RO water comes out is quite slow, thats why most commercial RO systems comes with a large tank. 50 Gallon per day is equals to 189L over 24 hours, or just 7.8L per hour.

How much water do you need for your waterchange each time? If you need 40-80L like me, then you need a big drum to store the water, and a way to pump it into your tank. And you have to be there after 5 or 10 hours to switch off the tap unless you don't mind the RO water overflowing...
    Ok I will have sump tank to keep the water. During my new set up. Sump tank partition into 2 from a 3ftx1.5x1.5 1 Only with crushed coral chips to buffer the Ph for sulawesi tank. And 1 for prl and other species like Kk or blue bolt without corals. I would have 2 shrimps 3ft tank. 1 betta tank and 1 planted tank. But I think I only be using the ro water for my shrimps tank and aged water for the others. So amount not really a lot.
    I wonder what tubings the mosura filter use so can plug straight from my tap. I guess from what you said. The mosura filter sounds like a detachable unit that can be kept once done. Still I be filling the sump tank I guess I only need to fill the tanks up every 1-2 months.
    When I get my cabinet I would try a diy top up kit. I think of installing something like a cup holder on top of the tank and with a 1.5litre bottle like. All I do is to take the water from the sump tank and place it in the cup holder then let the water slowly drip in. Abit off topic....
    Anyway once I got more information on the mosura filter I wuld decide if I should get it or not. The waste water can be kept to water the plants or something
    In the process of learning. painful but fun!

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok I will have sump tank to keep the water. During my new set up. Sump tank partition into 2 from a 3ftx1.5x1.5 1 Only with crushed coral chips to buffer the Ph for sulawesi tank. And 1 for prl and other species like Kk or blue bolt without corals. I would have 2 shrimps 3ft tank. 1 betta tank and 1 planted tank. But I think I only be using the ro water for my shrimps tank and aged water for the others. So amount not really a lot.
    I wonder what tubings the mosura filter use so can plug straight from my tap. I guess from what you said. The mosura filter sounds like a detachable unit that can be kept once done. Still I be filling the sump tank I guess I only need to fill the tanks up every 1-2 months.
    When I get my cabinet I would try a diy top up kit. I think of installing something like a cup holder on top of the tank and with a 1.5litre bottle like. All I do is to take the water from the sump tank and place it in the cup holder then let the water slowly drip in. Abit off topic....
    Anyway once I got more information on the mosura filter I wuld decide if I should get it or not. The waste water can be kept to water the plants or something
    In the process of learning. painful but fun!
    Just for your info, the ratio of the clean water don ro filtration : waste water is around 1:6
    So, if you intend to store the clean water to your sump(make it 100L of storage for a 3x1.5x1.5 3/4 filled?), how about the 600L of wasted water. Where you wantto store/use them?
    Zack

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I thought it was about 40% waste. Damn. Does it work 1:6 ratio for every RO filter? any other RO filter recommendation?

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I thought it was about 40% waste. Damn. Does it work 1:6 ratio for every RO filter? any other RO filter recommendation?
    Bro, they are using the same technology, this the ratio should not differ by much.
    Zack

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

http://www.ultrapure.com.sg/RO-KwikChange.html. Hmm then I think I would just connect the wasted water to the drain ba. The RO Filter is mainly just for my shrimps.
    The whole reason is because I dun have the accessibility to buy Distill water all the time. There is time that I dun have distill water to top up. Especially since I'm going NS soon. I would not have the luxury of time to buy Distilled water.
    Cost of water should not be a problem. I still trying to figure out how the mosura RO filter works. From what I had collected. It seems to be that the Mosura RO filter works like a water bottle.
    I just attach a hose from my tap to my mosura Filter.
    Attach the wasted water hose to my drain.
    The clean water to my tank.
    Why I say it works like a water bottle is because I could keep it when not using it and put it on the sink table and use it when I need it. Thats all.
    I will head down to GC sometime this week to figure out how it really works before diving into it.
    I found a local distributor for another RO filter. This one need to attach to my pipes and place it under my sink.
    http://www.ultrapure.com.sg/RO-KwikChange.html
    I wonder whats the cost of this filter.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hyflux has a similar model meant for home use, though they're all going by the same methodology. In most cases, activated carbon is the most crucial part in removing the harmful chlorine and chloramine. You can always age the water in a bucket with activated carbon and zeolite in filter bags. Just place a powerhead in the bucket to ensure that there is movement of water through the bags. The AC and zeolite ought to remove most if not all of the chlorine, chloramine and ammonia still present. Change them once a month or so, but do a water test so you can estimate when you need to change the AC and zeolite.

This works for people who don't need so much purified water.

I remember seeing this product from Aquarium Pharmaceuticals before:
    http://www.marinedepot.com/reverse-o...ticals-ap.html

It was at C328 but I'm not sure how efficient this system is. For what it's worth, the price of the Mosura RO system is pretty affordable I think.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I'm using RO water at home. For drinking, cooking and now for my shrimp tank. What i usually do with the waste water is fill it into a pail. Pour it into the toilet bowl after my 'business' or use it to wash my corridor. Plenty of usage if you are creative enough. Just dont ask me how much I bought it. Like they say. Its like an investment, cost abit more but better usage.
    Just my 1 cent of sharing knowledge.
    1) A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.
    2) Men and fishes are alike. They get into trouble once they open their mouth.
    3) Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to fish n he'll go broke. Give him a boat and you'll get rid of him for the weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast