1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Need some suggestion on where i can get healthy feederguppies

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello forumers of aquaticquotient, i am retiredscv and i am kind of new here. Please let me know if i am posting this thread in the wrong section. I will try my best to fix it.

Here is the situation, i am trying to breed feeder guppies before i try to breed and keep those fancy guppies.

Do you know where i can healthy feeder guppies? They do not have to be the "fancy" type. All i know is that feeder guppies are cheap but they die very easily. There was once when i bought 2 bags of feeder guppies at 2 dollars each, three-quarter of them are in seriously bad condition, some of them had rotting tails while some had bleeding gills. They cannot even survive the night... ...

I tried cycling the tank, and other means to keep the fishes alive but to no avail, all of them will eventually die within a week. I do a water change every 3 days by only replacing 10% of the water. The deaths are consistent, non of them can survive for1 week after i bought them from my local fish shop. If you are so kind to tell me where i can get "Healthy" feeder guppies, i will pretty much appreciate it.

I live in Singapore and LFS near the central regions of Singapore will be much appreciated. Once again, thank you for taking time to read this thread. Have a nice day.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Need some suggestion on where i can get healthy feederguppies

Your best bet is to buy those feeder and quarantine them for a period of time before you ever use as feeders. There is no fish shop that is known to sell healthy feeder guppies cause when the fishes are crammed in the small plastic bag, no matter how their state of health are, they will deteriorate over a short period of time. Alternatively, try to feed your fishes with frozen feed, which to me, is much safer and more convenient.
    Hey Fishy!!! Your So Fine; Your So Fine; You Blow My Mind

Ongoing Food Cultures: Vinegar Eels; Grindal Worms; Microworms; and hopefully more

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I am not buying feeder fishes to feed carnivorous fishes. I am buying feeder guppies so that i can breed them.
    I am on my wits end i don't know how i can prolong their lives. Just wondering where i can purchase healthy feeder guppies.
    Hope you guys out there can help me. Thank you very much!!!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You might want to get from Hiap Khoon Aquarium Trading in Pasir Ris Farmway 2 if its not too far for you.
    ~~Steven ~~
    Another Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    2ft Tank ~~~Terappin Moonlight Gourami~~~
    4ft Tank ~~~Oto Nerite Snail Platy Zebra Danio Glass Bloodfin Cardinal Tetra Albino Cory Khuli Weather Loach Rainbow Shark~~~

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

feeder guppies are mainly keep in brackish water environment before inport in to be sold as feeder which thus make them quite unstable to freshwater. you can buy a few bags and pour into tank... only some will survive so you just keep them and breed....
    Too much of a fish SIAO to quit fish keeping/fishing..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

pasir ris farmay has tons of cheap guppies!