Advertise here

Advertise here
    i will try and its covered.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hiya, Newb here xD

Hope the mystery of the disappearing fish can be solved soon, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuppyGirl View Post
    i will try and its covered.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

my uncle keeps telling me the tanks is 50g...but by what he is comparing it to, i think its a 30 gallon.. which is still really good, only charging me $40...but im sooo curious.... oh and you know...im starting to think ghost....are doing it..i mean..they had to go somewhere.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

To help solve the mystery, maybe you can install a simple webcam at that fish tank after putting fish in? Just a suggestion, though.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

my uncle keeps telling me the tanks is 50g...but by what he is comparing it to, i think its a 30 gallon.. which is still really good, only charging me $40...but im sooo curious.... oh and you know...im starting to think ghost....are doing it..i mean..they had to go somewhere.
    Can you describe the lizard population over your place like? Would it be possible to find plastic covers for the tank? (put a stone to weigh down)

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

yep thinking about it..also got the tank few hours ago..i measured it, it is either a 55 or 60 gallon..it was filthy....green water..nasty rocks with twigs and broken glass..bugs...white spray paint im currently scraping off with a butter knife...then im going to get some steaming hot water and wash it again...ughh a lot of work but for the price and my guppies happiness..will be totally worth it. Im going to get it clean and fill it up tonight no matter what lol.
    2012-04-03 21-00-05.993.jpg2012-04-03 21-00-18.753.jpg

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

you know i do find lizards in the house all the time but...they're just common back yard lizards...some do get really big (i caught 1 that was over a foot long, head to the end of its tail, bit me and i bled pretty bad ..really hurt.) but i don't think they could get fish....they would have to dive under the water and some of the fish were a good 6-7" long 2" wide..fast to...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

yep thinking about it..also got the tank few hours ago..i measured it, it is either a 55 or 60 gallon..it was filthy....green water..nasty rocks with twigs and broken glass..bugs...white spray paint im currently scraping off with a butter knife...then im going to get some steaming hot water and wash it again...ughh a lot of work but for the price and my guppies happiness..will be totally worth it. Im going to get it clean and fill it up tonight no matter what lol.
    2012-04-03 21-00-05.993.jpg2012-04-03 21-00-18.753.jpg
    No no...no hot water please. Just spray will do. Instead of butter knife, use green cloth will do. lizards are known to eat fries hence a simple cover will stop them from do that. If you want an alarm, hang a bell around the stone.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

oohh ok ty

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

That's a nice tank there. Wish I can have the space for that myself rather than having to make do with all my little 'nano' tanks.

But even with that new tank, I have no doubt you'll soon be graduating to even bigger tanks, since they say you Texans usually 'do things big', lol.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

well i dont have any money..kinda poor but if i happen to get lucky enough..i surely will go big lol

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Your interest will lead you to where you want to go. Who knows, you may well end up with tanksful of prize goldfish, or a pondful of Koi fish, lol.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

well tomorrow ill get a tiny bit of substrate so i can plant, when the plants arrive on the 5th..i took 50% water from the 2, 10 gallons (they needed serious water change) and put it in the big tank, then added the rest fresh..then put in the guppy fry..ill be busy making sure the nitrite nitrate and ammonia levels stay down. doing good for now...and some of the guppy fry..are schooling i tried to record but it wont show ..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

How come there was a post about lizard? fish eating lizard caused the disappearance? Gulp! Darn! what lizards are those man?!! **VSGenesis folds newspaper and armed himself.

No lizard eating my danios!

Okay jokes aside. GuppyGirl, maybe you want to start a new thread talking about your new tank, the setup etc? Maybe in the Aquascaping section? We demand photos!! LOL.

Is it just me or walking down Port Arthur and you might find treasure. Did you just find those aquariums by the road or something? Cause I had a friend in the states that does that. He picks up some weird insects. Hmm...maybe I should try driving there. You never know I might be lucky to find a keg!! Haha.

PS: Why cannot wash an old used tank with hot water? I do that all the time. Unless it's new then just a wipe. concern with cracking of the glass or something? I like using hot water. Boiling!!! All them germs or what not dies. I feel safe that way.

As for the plants, since you;re in Texas; I'm not sure if you're close to dustin but you can try getting plants from him too. http://www.dustinsfishtanks.com/
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

ok ill start a new thread in aquascaping when the plants get here, they should be here on the 5th, probably late in the evening...around 6, unless because they're plants they get delivered in the morning. Idk..anything else i buy arrives later in the evening..but might be different since its alive..hmm, well this thread is closed i guess ^^ Aha! one of the guppy fry is getting a black and yellow tail...the anal fin is a female shape..matter of fact all the fry have a female anal fin...hopefully they will change...i want males to.
    Last edited by GuppyGirl; 5th Apr 2012 at 02:17.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Old tanks are....old. We do not wanna deal with leaking tank later. Take a mug of water, dissolve a bit of lime or bicarbonate of soda. Use a green cloth to clean, rinse with water thoroughly. Wind dry, not sun dry. Fill water and check for leaks in one hour. Can use a bit of masking tape as marker, remove after test.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

When I was keeping Guppies long ago in that rust-laden gallon paint can, I used to 'harvest' a few Guppy fry almost every other day. And I ended up with so many Guppies which in turn produced more Guppies when they grew. It was fun, though.
    ok ill start a new thread in aquascaping when the plants get here, they should be here on the 5th, probably late in the evening...around 6, unless because they're plants they get delivered in the morning. Idk..anything else i buy arrives later in the evening..but might be different since its alive..hmm, well this thread is closed i guess ^^ Aha! one of the guppy fry is getting a black and yellow tail...the anal fin is a female shape..matter of fact all the fry have a female anal fin...hopefully they will change...i want males to.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

For pregnant guppies, usually just separate them away from the main tank by herself. Use a cloth to cover the surround of the tank. On the top of the tank, a cover to provide protection as other predators such as lizard will hunt the fries. Generate a filter condition where water flow isn't very strong, put a tap to control the amount of air pumped into the sponge filter. You have to prepare baby food in advance. Even though they can eat Tubi, some fries get choked by the tubi instead. Better to get more fine baby food instead. They will survive better with a bit of algae.

In a clear tank, you just need light, a few drops of Seachem Flourish and Iron. Algae should boom a bit there. Shorten the time of the light once you have algae, this will prevent too much of algae boom. For control wise, if you do not want the algae to grow on the glass, provide Drift wood. The algae will grow on it instead. If you put stone, chances of algae growth is there as well.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

I got my plants from liveaquaria! They sent me 2 extra Anacharis, but on all three there are quite a few brown leaves, a couple of the brown leaves are growing new stems though. The java ferns are nice, only a few tiny brown spots. The cabomba is nice, I got 1 stem of horn wart that was mixed in with it. Water sprite is nice. Micro sword is nice to. I thought i had substrate but i forgot so im going to buy some.Then ill plant everything and show..probably will take a while the fry love the plants though
    2012-04-05 12-44-34.013.jpg2012-04-05 12-44-52.129.jpg2012-04-05 12-45-11.245.jpg2012-04-05 12-47-46.614.jpg2012-04-05 12-52-08.422.jpg

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

found another stem of something 2012-04-05 13-24-16.660.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12