Country
    Singapore

Re: Should i fix what is not really broken

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by hyun007 View Post
    Which type of shrimp are you going to keep?
    CRS or RCS?
    >: ) Maybe Aqua Blue? Heh...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    >: ) Maybe Aqua Blue? Heh...
    I am confused by that name.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You go GC look see look see. Looks like Bee Shrimp. I still don't have sufficient knowledge to tell the differences between Blue Bolt and Aqua Blue. Sulawesi is one of the most beautiful shrimp around as far as I can tell at the moment. King Kong is like super ex? CRS is like too common already. Yamato is basically off the radar. Wood Shrimp is like scare they die, even though I have experience keeping them.

Some of the different Bee can be found here:
    http://aristocratama.com/gallery/mai.../shrimp6a.html

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

You go GC look see look see. Looks like Bee Shrimp. I still don't have sufficient knowledge to tell the differences between Blue Bolt and Aqua Blue. Sulawesi is one of the most beautiful shrimp around as far as I can tell at the moment. King Kong is like super ex? CRS is like too common already. Yamato is basically off the radar. Wood Shrimp is like scare they die, even though I have experience keeping them.

Some of the different Bee can be found here:
    http://aristocratama.com/gallery/mai.../shrimp6a.html
    I can't find "Aqua Blue".
    For your information, Blue Bolt is more expensive than King Kong!
    CRS is common but the color is like koi fish, which I like.
    Trying to get them thick red and white is the challenge and fun.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I think he mean aura blue ba. Hehe

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

no wonder...I can't find info...ha ha...2nd time being corrected after Roland...ha ha. --"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Come to think of it, I saw a tank full of adults, maybe because my eyesight is not good or there are no shrimplets around. I am over 40 you know...lol.

@avex30, Oooo...that small huh. I don't think I can see them then. Haiz, infrastructure not ready, I cannot start one now...so sad. I could imagine the fun of it. I wanted to start one just for the experience since so many of you keep it.
    Bro me too over 40 leh hahahaha do get infrastructure up than we can share more poison with you.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Bro, I left right see you the most late 20s nia.

Haha..

Quote Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
    Bro me too over 40 leh hahahaha do get infrastructure up than we can share more poison with you.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
    I only read up on shrimps less than 2 weeks, so pretty much a lot of catch up, stilllll.......trying very hard to remember.

No, I don't get poison so easily because most of the time, I am the one who poison people...heh heh. ^^Y Plus! I am researching into distillation process at the moment as well. Imagine, a water tank on top of a rack, you able to control the temperature of the water tank, able to control the ph, uses distilled water instead of tap water...XD Waha! works on the principle of gravity, not even electrically powered up. So infrastructure still a long way from ready. Time...I need more time.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

Plus! I am researching into distillation process at the moment as well. Imagine, a water tank on top of a rack, you able to control the temperature of the water tank, able to control the ph, uses distilled water instead of tap water...XD Waha! works on the principle of gravity, not even electrically powered up. So infrastructure still a long way from ready. Time...I need more time.
    If you can do that before someone else did it, you will be very rich!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The idea that is haunting me now is most of you know how to use distill water, but even buying a home distiller never seems to cross the mind, not even DIY itself. :X Hmm....well, I am a cheapo man, so I will do up some research look see look see first. It is not new, wait till you see our tap water residue after the distillation, the residue is what scares you...never will you be just talking about chloramine alone. Distillation is also associated with alcochol making which needs license. I see ready product cheaper or DIY. And which one last longer. It is not just simple like Science Teacher showed us, take a beaker, burn until water vapour collects....that is distilled water. It also involves using carbon filter etc. No, $500 dollar product doesn't sit well with me.

It is more haunting as I read on....the water we "think" is fit for drinking is actually what causes our stomache most of the time. :P Not just Singapore, all around the world as well. Shucks...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hyun007 View Post
    If you can do that before someone else did it, you will be very rich!!!
    This water tank on top of rack/tank is quite commonly seen in overseas set up... It's like an aging tank... It's just uncommonly seen locally...
    钱不是问题!问题是。。。我没有钱。。。
    花钱像拉屎一样简单,赚钱像吃屎一样难。。。

http://alvinchan80.blog.fc2.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The idea that is haunting me now is most of you know how to use distill water, but even buying a home distiller never seems to cross the mind, not even DIY itself. :X Hmm....well, I am a cheapo man, so I will do up some research look see look see first. It is not new, wait till you see our tap water residue after the distillation, the residue is what scares you...never will you be just talking about chloramine alone. Distillation is also associated with alcochol making which needs license. I see ready product cheaper or DIY. And which one last longer. It is not just simple like Science Teacher showed us, take a beaker, burn until water vapour collects....that is distilled water. It also involves using carbon filter etc. No, $500 dollar product doesn't sit well with me.

It is more haunting as I read on....the water we "think" is fit for drinking is actually what causes our stomache most of the time. :P Not just Singapore, all around the world as well. Shucks...
    Tank high up have the idea but hmm distilling own water that is abit hard. Seen some DIY on youtube alittle not practical but i would be interested if you can manage to get it to work do share the idea hahaha I also cheapo man. Hmm is that a common uncle problem for people above 40 ?? hahahaha

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

final solution,going to reset my tank, if i can net all the shrimp out, call me super eye. Cause i can ever spot 1 day old shrimp and count how many of them. Thank you for reading and helping.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Dun think its a new idea, common idea..hee. distilling part is the headache, yah I agree diy looks pretty ugly, I check closest is megahome water distiller. Now I can appreciate more why use distill water. Don't think I want to dive in if not ready.

Unable to count is for people like me, need strong light then can see...youth...getting further and further..ha!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Okay guys, update from out hunting. I do not know what kind of water you are using, RO, aged, etc. and what equipment / you just buy distilled water.
    From today's hunting trip, I just realised the closer thing for us is actually the Hyflux Pitcher P18.

http://www.hyfluxshop.com/Pages/Prod...00-000-00&l=sg

It's free delivery in Singapore, Malaysia (KL and Selangor only). $31.90 is relatively cheaper than Home Fix's price at $39.90. Essentially it is RO water. You have the option to use tap water or Boiled and cooled down water for the pitcher. Max water temp: 35C.

I find the bundle set to be a better bargain. $59.80 is cheaper than HomeFix price of $39.90+39.90 :O
    http://www.hyfluxshop.com/Pages/Prod...BDL-002-1&l=sg

For home use, if you really really wants it. Here is the entire product range.
    http://www.hyfluxshop.com/Pages/ResidentialProduct.aspx

As for the deployment, it will be follow up in the DIY section, my thread - Tale of a Farmer II.

Most likely in front of the computer screen if the status is green.
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Does not look cost effective.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
    Does not look cost effective.
    Okay, if you construct a DIY Water Distiller, what is the building cost going to be like? Supposed it runs on electricity or gas, what is your electrical bill gonna cost you. Now take the cost of making + electrical bill x 12 VS $59.80 for 1 year. ^^ tell me is it cost effective? A megahome cost much much more than a pitcher.

armourshrimp, do update us when you are done with. Meantime, a bit of water would help you later on too, hopefully it benefits the entire community here. What substrate you going to use for the new setup?

Most likely in front of the computer screen if the status is green.
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Why would one need to have to make his own distilled water? I believe the only reason that most folks are using distilled water is that they do not have access to RO/DI water.

By the way can we start another thread on this?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
    Why would one need to have to make his own distilled water? I believe the only reason that most folks are using distilled water is that they do not have access to RO/DI water.
    Pitcher is RO water. Distilled water, okay good point, lets put it to the test then. NTUC, LIFE 1.5L $0.87 per bottle, suppose you need 10 bottles per month. $8.70, let's round it off to $9. 12months you need $108. So first question is: Is 15L per month too much or too little for you. Supposed it is too much, let's halve the equation to $54. $54 vs $59.80. So very close. So for the sake of debating. We can see the cost structure is efficient if not close, or maybe cheaper than going out to buy, plus you need to factor in any travelling cost if it is not near to you. Then you have spent time regularly carrying it back when you are all so tired from work or maybe over weekend when you can just sleep more at home. ^^ Soooo....how? I think it is up to individual to make their choice. It's always about decision, never about right or wrong.

Anyone else have other pointers to contribute so we can directly put it for cost calculation to see which is a more viable way?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast