Country
    Cambodia

Re: Should i fix what is not really broken

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by armourshrimp36 View Post
    off for 2 days. Stay at home. Spotted the 14 damsfly nymph.decided to unattach the moss from driftwood,and camp infront of the tank for 3hr straight. No joke. My tank temp 25.6 to 26.5 using diy chiller. Xb3 canister filter. No rocks , ada soil, w.c once a week,please do not make fun of me,i really can count my shrimp, hyun,i like to invite you to singapore,my home to count the shrimp,and you can count with me
    No, I am not making fun of you.
    Just want to make sure you have a chiller for stable temperature.
    Good to hear that you have a DIY chiller.

Do please show us a picture of your tank.
    I assumed it is just a piece of driftwood with moss?
    I have plenty of driftwood and moss in my tank and hence it is impossible to count them.

Are you sure it is damselfly and not mayfly nymph?
    Anyway, it is best to get rid of them if you are not sure.

As for your tank, don't panic over 1 dead shrimplet as no one can have 100% survival rate all the time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I will post after i buy my new smartphone next week,confirm damsefly as i have post photo on my older thread,and the bro here has confirm it. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

off for 2 days. Stay at home. Spotted the 14 damsfly nymph.decided to unattach the moss from driftwood,and camp infront of the tank for 3hr straight. No joke. My tank temp 25.6 to 26.5 using diy chiller. Xb3 canister filter. No rocks , ada soil, w.c once a week,please do not make fun of me,i really can count my shrimp, hyun,i like to invite you to singapore,my home to count the shrimp,and you can count with me

He in Myanmar you invite him still need to fly him in. Why not invite us that are nearer to count ? Better right no need to waste air ticket money can sip kopi or teh and count together. So fun isn't it.
    Last edited by avex30; 8th Apr 2012 at 00:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

hehe,its a cambodia flag.

Most likely in front of the computer screen if the status is green.
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Flag or country not the issue here. So how? Can come count or not?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

i really think you people are trying to find trouble with me,and i thought this place is a nice place. Cheetf,ok you can come count,pm me your number.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

6 days shrimplets can count? If I remember correctly, they are normally white in color and extremely small. I can only spot them when they are at the wall of my tank with my black oyama paper as the background. But then, I'm not sure how old are they.

You really think the rest of the people is finding fault with you. Well for the start, you did ask a similar question and eventually never listen to their advices.

You also mention that you have experiences with Crs? You used to have them with the same water parameters as you have now? I'm interested to know and learn from your experiences too.

So far I only sold off 1 batch of mixes Crs and upon hearing from the buyer that he's having ph of > 7, I did share with him on my thoughts and advise him to stabilize on his water parameters first before venturing into Crs. To be frank, I can also don't bother much and upon back home, my wife even nag at me for being too kayPoh of telling him so much. But then I think alot of us like this hobbies and keep on reading and learning from the rest.

However it's your take on how you want to proceed from here.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i really think you people are trying to find trouble with me,and i thought this place is a nice place. Cheetf,ok you can come count,pm me your number.
    Come alone no fun la. Must bring along all the people in this thread.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Armourshrimp, is this the time to uphold pride or is it a time to troubleshoot your tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Ecalyte View Post
    To be honest.. I wouldn't have even let it get to the stage where it's 7.2-7.4pH

Wait until your shrimplets are more stable around 0.8cm in size, then try to do gradual decrease of your pH. But in the first place, you need to find out what's increasing your pH?

- Substrate?
    - Filter media?
    - Ornaments? (rocks etc)
    - Too much water change too often with tap water?

Need you to answer these questions so we can better advice you.. But at face value, I'd recommend you reduce your pH. Try to get as close to 6.5 as possible.
    It is obvious you have two main issues here, your substrate and the water that you add in upon water change. But inorder to better troubleshoot the issue at hand, they will need you to actually tell them what are the stuffs being used as per what Ecalyte had asked previously. I am a person with countless of failures and success. So do not have to be shy, if you really don't know the soil name or soil type, a picture will suffice to tell the story, but do make sure to get a picture as close up as possible for identification purpose.

Shrimp people do count their shrimps and babies as per of observation in keeping track, so does a fish person like myself. This hobby centers on observation skill as the basic fundamental and also serve as a foundation. If you watch a space everyday, someone moving the sofa, you would immediately noticed it. The same situation it is with the fish tank, the shrimp tank or even the planted tank whichever you might call it. Just give it a try now. okay?

People, try to tone down a bit. Cool?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

No no don't get us wrong we never try to find trouble la. We are just amaze why your will power to count and keep track of 6 days shrimplet. Don't get us wrong this forum is sharing right so maybe some of us are really curious of how you keep track of 6 days old.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by avex30 View Post
    No no don't get us wrong we never try to find trouble la. We are just amaze why your will power to count and keep track of 6 days shrimplet. Don't get us wrong this forum is sharing right so maybe some of us are really curious of how you keep track of 6 days old.
    Yup, we are always curious to see how its done when people tell us things that are away from the norm.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

Not totally impossible.
    If he has just one tiny piece of driftwood with a tiny bit of moss on it in his tank, it is still possible to count as his tank is still relatively bare.

I have a lot of moss, which makes it impossible to count. They tends to give me the "Me hide, me so shy.ahaha...." attitude. I don't think I will be counting them until they start eating with the adults.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I saw GC experimenting some shrimp food seems good at first look. Later than I check again. Got food you hide I also can count you.

Hope thread owner be successful with his troubleshooting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    I saw GC experimenting some shrimp food seems good at first look. Later than I check again. Got food you hide I also can count you.

Hope thread owner be successful with his troubleshooting.
    Shrimplet don't really come after solid food very rare occasion. Only possibility is like bro Hyun say 1 wood moss and bare. But I have something like that before frankly hardly can track today might be there tomorrow might not be. Even they crowd around the woods they might hide deep in the moss due to their size.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Shrimplet don't really come after solid food very rare occasion. Only possibility is like bro Hyun say 1 wood moss and bare. But I have something like that before frankly hardly can track today might be there tomorrow might not be. Even they crowd around the woods they might hide deep in the moss due to their size.
    Precisely...but what I saw yesterday was the entire brood + the oto dashing for the food. You tell me now, would you be interested to know what experimental food that is? I might need to wait for next week to check it out liao.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

Precisely...but what I saw yesterday was the entire brood + the oto dashing for the food. You tell me now, would you be interested to know what experimental food that is? I might need to wait for next week to check it out liao.
    CRS shrimplets are very shy during the 1st and 2nd week.
    You won't find them dashing for the foods.
    What is the smallest size that you saw?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

6 days old bro they will hardly be colour on it also. Frankly I've my fair share or hanging around gc and have seen uncle Ron feeding etc. some of they shrimplet is more than weeks old. Not 6 days old brood that will charge for food are at least 1 month old they might try so far I have never seen brood that dare to go near a groups of adult eating. Cause it will
    Most likely be kick out.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

6 days old bro they will hardly be colour on it also. Frankly I've my fair share or hanging around gc and have seen uncle Ron feeding etc. some of they shrimplet is more than weeks old. Not 6 days old brood that will charge for food are at least 1 month old they might try so far I have never seen brood that dare to go near a groups of adult eating. Cause it will
    Most likely be kick out.
    Agree and that is why I ask about the size.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hyun007 View Post
    CRS shrimplets are very shy during the 1st and 2nd week.
    You won't find them dashing for the foods.
    What is the smallest size that you saw?
    Come to think of it, I saw a tank full of adults, maybe because my eyesight is not good or there are no shrimplets around. I am over 40 you know...lol.

@avex30, Oooo...that small huh. I don't think I can see them then. Haiz, infrastructure not ready, I cannot start one now...so sad. I could imagine the fun of it. I wanted to start one just for the experience since so many of you keep it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Cambodia

Come to think of it, I saw a tank full of adults, maybe because my eyesight is not good or there are no shrimplets around. I am over 40 you know...lol.

@avex30, Oooo...that small huh. I don't think I can see them then. Haiz, infrastructure not ready, I cannot start one now...so sad. I could imagine the fun of it. I wanted to start one just for the experience since so many of you keep it.
    Which type of shrimp are you going to keep?
    CRS or RCS?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast