Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Gex Fan

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have a gex fan brought from seaview. Running well for about 4 months til now, start to give out noise and also weak output. Cleaned the filter but still same problem. Where can i get it repaired?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Gex Fan

Probably just needs some WD40 on the moving joints. Mine produces the whirring noise too but I have stopped relying on cooling fans for some time now.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Done that. The output wind is very weak.

Using a small 1ft tank, so dont have the need for a chiller.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

=D Buy a Toyomi Clip Fan! Ha Ha...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Gex fans ain't really that reliable in my opinion. I've a #S that started making a lot of noise, albeit not comprising fan power. Decided to decommision it since then. If you're willing to spurge a little, I'll suggest the Kotobuki spot fan. Recently, I've also tried the Daz hang-on fan even though I've read discriminating feedback off the internet and so far (and touch wood), all 3 units has been running consistently and quiet.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The other option is to diy using a PC fan and AC to DC adapter (depending on the power of the PC fan). For a 1ft tank could have be suffice.
    ~~Steven ~~
    Another Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    2ft Tank ~~~Terappin Moonlight Gourami~~~
    4ft Tank ~~~Oto Nerite Snail Platy Zebra Danio Glass Bloodfin Cardinal Tetra Albino Cory Khuli Weather Loach Rainbow Shark~~~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by xXXXx13 View Post
    The other option is to diy using a PC fan and AC to DC adapter (depending on the power of the PC fan). For a 1ft tank could have be suffice.
    Hmm...how about I give you a DIY thinker.
    First have a solar battery charger. AA type.

Next buy a PC Fan that is large enough, connect it up to a battery pack, those battery housing. Number of battery depends on your fan wattage. Should you need 2 AA size then you should have 4-6 rechargeable battery. 2 operational 2-4 charging. Fan would be expandable in array, as well as the battery pack involved.

Such a setup would be viable. Not very quiet....operational and functional. Maintenance would not be easy as you need to cotton bud the blades to clean it. What you need to ensure is also a solid mounting that would not cave in onto the water surface as you need to angle the fan or fan arrays.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yah, you set me thinking...hehehe... I would preferred one with AC powered so that it will really be 24/7 (unless blackout) compared to batteries operated which you wont know when it will died on you.

Agreed that maintenance is a bit of the hassle as to the need to clean the blades but i take the lazy man method...just clear away the coat of dust at the edge of the blades
    ~~Steven ~~
    Another Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    2ft Tank ~~~Terappin Moonlight Gourami~~~
    4ft Tank ~~~Oto Nerite Snail Platy Zebra Danio Glass Bloodfin Cardinal Tetra Albino Cory Khuli Weather Loach Rainbow Shark~~~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yah, you set me thinking...hehehe... I would preferred one with AC powered so that it will really be 24/7 (unless blackout) compared to batteries operated which you wont know when it will died on you.

Agreed that maintenance is a bit of the hassle as to the need to clean the blades but i take the lazy man method...just clear away the coat of dust at the edge of the blades
    See? Just hypothesis you already fall back to the fan again. The idea of the fan is really very practical than a DIY. But sooner or later, there will be people trying this out as it is general idea and can be thought of by anyone, anytime.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The AC powered one i'm referring to the DIY one with PC fan, connect with a AC to DC adapter than to a batteries connector. A cheap and quick if you don't want to spend and got the spare parts or you want to start with a simple DIY

Of cos if you got a little more to spare and not into DIY, off the shelf products are the way to go.
    At least Darter is already exploring the option on fans. : > Mid Tier solution. Off the shelve ones they don't last long or they are not made to last long in the first place. Perhaps it is deliberate, perhaps it is design fault, or even the fault of the makers who are unable to make it properly. Either way I still stick to one that works, good to maintain and last long.