Country
    Singapore

Up Aqua Super diffuser system

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Hope this thread can be of help to those who have problems about this diffuser system.
    Aquascaper?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Up Aqua Super diffuser system

Huh? You mean this is the place to ask questions?

Can I ask why there needs to be 2 diffusers, since the 1st smaller diffuser will be dry if there's a 2nd larger diffuser?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Huh? is that the twin tube kind. no idea on this thing or how it works. But i sure like the atomizer.

share please. want to understand how the heck that works.
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Recently I have purchased a "Up Aqua Super diffuser system" and fixed it onto my jbj dual regulator.

While setting up, I disassembled the whole diffuser and tried putting it back. I really need to say, this thing is really a pain in the a**. It couldn't be straight ie to say the top section and the plastic top cap are very hard to make them parallel.

After setting up, I tuned my BPS to about a limit where it is impossible to count. Maybe around 10bps? I could get a lightly mist but i just couldn't get the mist that the old version atomizer was getting.

Feeling paranoid, i contacted shadow and he told me that the super diffuser require "higher" psi for it to work. Amazingly I googled and found out the psi require was >38. Therefore it was impossible to get it to work at all while our LFS are selling dual gauge solenoid with a working pressure of max 25 psi. Shadow told me that i can use single gauge for it but whats the point of using a single gauge as it won't be consistent bps ie to say the pressure is up to the co2 canister and not controllable by us.

I still tried to tune up higher bps but the problem is the bubble will slowly get lower and lower. It is because of the different psi require for the super diffuser to work so the tube was like expending to "rock" hardness.

Simply put it this way, the working pressure for the diffuser require is >38 and you are using a 25 psi regulator to push it. The co2 will not get through the diffuser disk therefore it will be stucked in the tubing. If you are using normal tubing then please don't scare anyone with the blust of normal tubing.

It simply just couldn't get to work. And i was seeing water inside the diffuser, then i found out that the ceramic tube that was meant for the canister water flow was leaking water into the diffuser. It is interior leaking and not exterior leaking. Exterior leaking is easy to fix, just simply tighten it but interior leaking is a disaster. Because I can see that the water was getting more from just 1/8 to 1/2 of it. In a matter of time, it will just give way and your house will be having sunami again... Lol

Googled more and found out that the Up Aqua has released a new kind of "adjustable" working pressure co2 solenoid regulator so i ordered one and waiting for it to arrive but I won't be using it with the super diffuser because i tried to fix it back and pour some water into the flow way of the diffuser, the water went into the diffuser again, likely to fill it up again.

Since my jbj regulator was kinda old so i ordered this new regulator to use it with the old version Up inline atomizer. This time round i shall set the "working pressure" to >35 psi and see if the old version atomizer can perform better.

So folks, business has a technic but this isn't so ethic. They released the new diffuser with higher working pressure needed and released the "adjustable working pressure" regulator. Why the old version work so well for most of us and the new diffuser was like sh**.

Business technic or careless mistake during the making/designing of it?

Therefore, those who intended to buy or have purchased it and having problems with it, hope this thread can solve some of your problems.

Feel free to contribute your review about this product. I would be glad to hear you guys having great performance with our LFS solenoid regulator.

ps, shadow you had landed me to spent money to buy a new "adjustable" regulator

Cheers
    Last edited by Peanut8787; 5th Apr 2012 at 18:26.
    Aquascaper?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

wait i saw a diagram, the external filter outlet goes to the bottom of this thing?

is this the one you guys are talking about?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
    Huh? You mean this is the place to ask questions?

Can I ask why there needs to be 2 diffusers, since the 1st smaller diffuser will be dry if there's a 2nd larger diffuser?
    Quote Originally Posted by VSGenesis View Post
    Huh? is that the twin tube kind. no idea on this thing or how it works. But i sure like the atomizer.

share please. want to understand how the heck that works.
    Sorry guys, was typing the long passage...

Hope everyone don't mind the long winded but would like to solve this super diffuser problem
    Aquascaper?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by VSGenesis View Post
    wait i saw a diagram, the external filter outlet goes to the bottom of this thing?

is this the one you guys are talking about?
    Yes you are right.
    Aquascaper?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

A few picture for reference

Aquascaper?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I just started using this a week ago and it works great. Not the twin tube kind, just the single main ceramic tube where the water flows through.

It works well on a JBJ dual gauge I bought from c328. The regulator comes in a blue JBJ box and is made of stainless steel, or chromed, not like the usual brass JBJ I see around. This regulator has a working pressure of 40psi and will generate micro bubbles all the way down to 1 bubble every 3 second with the up aqua diffuser. No problems with solenoid on/off too.

I guess when you use this you should also ensure your other equipment in the chain has to be able to take the pressure created, which means a better quality bubble counter and co2 tubing.

Its great when it works. I just hope it stays this way. Good luck with your new regulator.

Some pics of the regulator and the connection to the diffuser

20120405_234911.jpg20120405_235056.jpg
    Last edited by shawnc9; 6th Apr 2012 at 00:02.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by shawnc9 View Post
    I just started using this a week ago and it works great. Not the twin tube kind, just the single main ceramic tube where the water flows through.

It works well on a JBJ dual gauge I bought from c328. The regulator comes in a blue JBJ box and is made of stainless steel, or chromed, not like the usual brass JBJ I see around. This regulator has a working pressure of 40psi and will generate micro bubbles all the way down to 1 bubble every 3 second with the up aqua diffuser. No problems with solenoid on/off too.

I guess when you use this you should also ensure your other equipment in the chain has to be able to take the pressure created, which means a better quality bubble counter and co2 tubing.

Its great when it works. I just hope it stays this way. Good luck with your new regulator.

Some pics of the regulator and the connection to the diffuser

20120405_234911.jpg20120405_235056.jpg
    Wow, Where did you managed to find such old stock jbj regulator? I was talking about the new version has problems and old version still the best for me
    Aquascaper?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Old stock regulator or old stock diffuser? The JBJ was bought 2 weeks back from C328. The diffuser was bought at Y618 last week, comes in a very old box. Haha..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Water entering the diffuser chamber is normal and will happen when your CO2 is off anyway. Once the CO2 starts and there's enough pressure, the water should be forced back out again.

I just don't understand why there needs to be 2 ceramic diffusers when one is just diffusing into an air space.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Water entering the diffuser chamber is normal and will happen when your CO2 is off anyway. Once the CO2 starts and there's enough pressure, the water should be forced back out again.

I just don't understand why there needs to be 2 ceramic diffusers when one is just diffusing into an air space.
    My opinion is if the solenoid shuts off and there are no leaks between the diffuser and regulator, the pressure should remain constant and no water should enter the diffuser chamber at all. The chamber will always have a higher pressure than the water flowing through the ceramic diffuser.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The water keep entering the chamber when co2 is on and when it's off, it has the same result. Maybe high pressure might work for it
    Aquascaper?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by shawnc9 View Post
    My opinion is if the solenoid shuts off and there are no leaks between the diffuser and regulator, the pressure should remain constant and no water should enter the diffuser chamber at all. The chamber will always have a higher pressure than the water flowing through the ceramic diffuser.
    The leakage was coming from the side of the ceramic chamber. The connector with holds the chamber inside the diffuser.

Anyone has any success story of this super diffuser?
    Aquascaper?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I had almost the exact words.
    Now the only 2 things I like about this series are.

1: Ability to open up to clean.
    2: locking of co2 tubes.

These are wonderful unique points IMO. Compared to my boyu unit which is performing well.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Can I know where u got the UP regulator from?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hk75 View Post
    Can I know where u got the UP regulator from?
    Google on evil bay
    Aquascaper?