2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Rock scape cube tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Going to start a rock scape tank and got no idea how to arrange the rocks. Any comment or suggestion? This is going to be a cube tank. Should i go with black oyama or just leave it be?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Rock scape cube tank

google and see can copy-cat ideas from there.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

The color hue on the rocks seems to be different?

Have you tried to wet the rocks and see if the color is of any consistency?

I believe a main rock, supported by smaller rocks then surrounded by mini rocks. Rocks with HC? W

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

They are all the same color but some have white stripe on them. I can just hide them by turning it. I was thinking of having a slope where the highest slope is the left side which the rock on the highest while the rest is on the slope. Going to have glosso plus APP first. Going to try HC only when i am confident enough.

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

white background is nice... if you wanna make an iwagumi tank, note that co2 and high light is necessary for most of nice foreground plants

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I do not think you have to involve all the rocks. But if you are to involve all, not all need to be visible.

Attachment 29786

If the rocks do not have beautiful faces, it doesn't mean you cannot create a beautiful scape.

Slowly browse through this link to have an idea. Especially look hard at the last second - promise land.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Whale View Post
    I do not think you have to involve all the rocks. But if you are to involve all, not all need to be visible.

Attachment 29786

If the rocks do not have beautiful faces, it doesn't mean you cannot create a beautiful scape.

Slowly browse through this link to have an idea. Especially look hard at the last second - promise land.

Thanks Blue Whale for the link. This is what i have in mind as well!! You mean i should remove some of the rocks? I am using a cube tank so i want to have a very slope on the back left hand side with either of the one of big rocks while the rest below it. I might consider to use the smaller one to make the bigger rock to look much bigger.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Until you pour in the soil, you won't know it. Keep turning left right, side, upside down, even if you take one week until you are satisfy. put up pict, ask for opinion as you go along.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I tried to arrange here and there for a week but gave up. Really no talent in that. Haha. Just put in everything except water and plant. Think the soil not enough. Should i put up black oyama background or leave it be. I know the in and outlet is ugly. Will change in future. Do give any comments and ideas.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hello there mate,

You arrange to look normal as in natural looking. It will come with experience and most important is you like it.
    As you mention yourself, the read need have a tad more substrate to look good.

Adding oyama should have been done pior to scaping, you'll have a hard time pushing the bubbles out now IMO.
    don't worry about that, you an adopt the anytime background using white/blue/black sheets from popular bookstore or art friend.

If your really the picture perfect during the later stage, just take the pipes out... otherwise your like me.. really lazy to take it out
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

And dont forget the substrate support if you want to maintain the slope.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks felix for the advice. I can still move the cupboard out to put the oyama if i need to. Do you think it is better with the black oyama? Think will change to ANS lily pipe later. Going to seaview to get another pack of soil.

Thanks for the reminder sateman but i put a lot of egg crate and rocks in the bottom to maintain the slope.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I am biased with black oyama actually, even when alot of people tell me white creates a or deeper tank.
    Likewise, a good idea to copy shadow in this sense as he don't have any and "wears" the wall paper when he takes photo... IMO quite good idea.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I find that if your substrate is dark, white oyama is best. Conversely, if your substrate is light then black oyama is nicer, or blue even. The contrast is pretty nice if used correctly.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

1. Your wall is cyan, your night light is 2700k. Should you use white?What color will come out when you take photo at diff time, that is the thinker point.

2. Invite bro shadow to have a look ba.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I will most likely paste white oyama as i agree with stormhawk on the contrast with the black soil and rocks but only after i change the inlet and outlet pipe to those glass one. Now look ugly with the Hydro Prime 10 pipes. I found that the flow rate a bit slow with the Prime 10 as i put a prefilter as well as co2 reactor inside. Thinking of adding another filter maybe a Eheim 2211 after the Prime 10. Can i connect both the filter together? Or should i get a water pump instead? But pump seems to be high watt and trying to reduce the heat into the water. Thinking of a chiller too now. My list is getting longer. Haha.