Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Tale of a Farmer II - Construction of the Fish Rack

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Following the really really hot weather that is going to come, concept design plans were immediately drawn up to combat any heat and bad air to be.

Hence, born the concept design for my Air Cooler v.1. Now I do not think this is a new concept here. In the past, people have been using similar designs who end up with a lot of algae water or bacteria filled water. This design seeks to remove that or to steer away from all these. Topping up of water is still a must. I got Uncle Ron to critic on the design and precious inputs came from him on how to improve the stand of the filter and what materials can be use. It was a worthwhile trip down to GC.

This contraption is to be position near to a window which is open. So basically we are looking at two functions here: To Clean the Air, To Cool the Air.

I consulted also PolyArt Uncle who pointed to me to Dymax water pump 200L/hr for $8 ea. So if you want to follow the design and make your own Air Cooler, you may do so. But do note that the plastic tube you have to find from Hardware Shop as PolyArt sells standard small tubings. (Eheim tubings not within discussion and is sold at PolyArt). I have to go source for materials before I can start construction. The idea here is to cool the room, once the ambience temperature drops, so will the tank temperature or in theory.

I shall continue with the rack progress tomorrow and over the weekend so you have time to digest the above postings. Those who have not finish with Page 7 postings, please goto Page 7 to read.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Styrofoam is one of best materials ever created. It can be shaped into anything for the aquarium too, but needs to be weighted down by attaching it to a heavy item.

@Blue Whale,
    Do you think algae will grow well on styrofoam surfaces?
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    Styrofoam is one of best materials ever created. It can be shaped into anything for the aquarium too, but need to be weighted down by attaching it to a heavy item.

@Blue Whale,
    Do you think algae will grow well on styrofoam surfaces?
    Styrofoam can be weight down by cementing the surface. Thereafter coloured in. Follow by a coating of sealant, dump into vinegar to offset the change in PH. Master Eddy have already taught us that during recent Viva Sharing Session GC. For algae growing, the best form of material is still Driftwood and I intend to use quite a number of them which are currently stored up in my storeroom. I will need to treat them before being deployed for use. Have been out sourcing for potential tank candidate.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

On the main tank itself, I still measure my tank and monitor it. I am still learning on TDS so don't laugh at me. ^^" I really don't have chemistry background.
    The Aquapro water tester, aids in my learning quest for TDS.

I had another observation though. It seems like beside my rojak (mixed) style of community fishes, snails and plants, I have what seems to be a baby dragonfly which just grew up. You also see a snail on the left and two Honey Gourami happily prowling the surface. This Amazon Frogbit or Limnobium Laevigatum (I also learning on plant names as Ronnie and Uncle Ron encourages me to do so) used to be in my Angel fish tank (TDS 212), but without proper lighting and lower nutrients, I had them transfer over main tank for some recuperation. The main tank have a TDS reading of 265. Mainly are hardier fishes. Since it's closing to weekend which is the water change, expecting the main tank TDS readings to fall further downwards. Not too bad I guess...I was anticipating 300+ before testing. Current reading is very close to the 250 range, but I will try to push down further to between 175-225 which is a range most fish do well.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    For your air cooler, i suggest that your fan to be near the window ( sucking the air in ) and the exit of the "cooled" air to be inside the room.

I worry about the moist air which may cause short circuit to your fan if you do the original way.

Good luck.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    CRS - CRazy about Shrimps
    - Alan Phang -

You can't explain it simply, you don't understand it (well enough )..." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Is it just me, or the pictures have been removed?
    Need something to scratch that itchy hand of mine.

Don't act smart. Be smart!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I can't see them either.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bluewhale, how's your project coming along? The pictures you had posted seemed to be removed.
    ~~Steven ~~
    Another Liverpool Fan In Singapore
    2ft Tank ~~~Terappin Moonlight Gourami~~~
    4ft Tank ~~~Oto Nerite Snail Platy Zebra Danio Glass Bloodfin Cardinal Tetra Albino Cory Khuli Weather Loach Rainbow Shark~~~

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Why no updates from Blue Whale on his project? Anyone knows?
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I miss bluewhale. His post are very exciting read. =) Sigh. Where he go ah?
    VSGenesis
    "The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing we can ever truly control whether we are good or evil." - Oma Desala (Stargate - SG1)
    http://hisstoryimmortalised.blogspot.sg/

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678