Country
    Singapore

Re: My new LED Lamp Bar on a planted tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by khseah79 View Post
    Assuming a 30cm uses 9x bulbs of 3W so a 90cm should be 81W???
    Bro, it is a 1w led. Not a 3w type. Using 3w will have temperature issue and will require a larger heat sink and even need a fan to cool it down.

In total 33 led for the 3ft tank. 33w/bar. 3400lumens / bar.

So if you use your single power supply, make sure that you can drive 2 bars.
    I will let you know if the supplier are willing to sell without the power supply and you can save some $$$.

I am still monitoring my LED. So far so good plants are doing well fishes are fine.

Will let all know when I have the time to start the MO work.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bros,

just an update. I have submitted the MO for approval. once that is approved, it will be posted in the MO section for orders. Please look out for it.

I also just checked the temperature of the LED Aquarium Lamp Bar. Temperature looks good at 40C for both LED Bar. here is the picture. Really help to keep the temperature level of the water and environment low.

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Marlinsons View Post
    My T5HO lights were dying on me. They were old and not performing as brightly as it should. I decided to change the T5 tube. Upon making the change, I found that 1 of the 4 ballasts died, but decided to change them anyway thinking that the 3 left should last me for some time still. After 2 weesk, another ballast bites the dust. It then hit me. Should I change the complete fixture, (which i have so much problems with) or look for LED lamp (with a slightly higher initial but lower operation cost) . After looking around, I decided to purchase a LED lamp.

I carefully choose a specific power output, lumens and colour temperature that I believe would suit my needs for a planted tank.

The lamp I have is small and neat on top of my tank.

I did close monitoring of the performance of the LED lamp. Looking at the colour, plants growth and the water temperature. Result have been more than satisfactory.

Plants are bubbling and new shoots are growing. Temp is on a constantly at 29C and with the moss doing great to my surprise. I had never manage to grow them when using T5HO (where temp on water surface is warm)

I have a attached a couple of pictures for all to see.

Your comments are appreciated.

may i know what moss is this??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Bro, I got this moss from c328 I think 2 months back. I cannot remember the name. My guess is Taiwan moss, but could not be sure. Maybe some expert around AQ could advise.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I have got approval to start an MO for the LED Lamp.

Please PM or SMS/Whatsapp me your interest. Thanks

See the below link.
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...917#post668917

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

After a few weeks of check in the tank using the LED Aquarium Lamp, things are looking good. Plants are looking fine and pearling can been seen on the underside of the leaves as in my earlier post

I have a short video on the pearling from my tank using my Mobile Phone. You see bubbles raising up from the plants to the surface. Sorry Quality is not very good, but you still can see them.

http://youtu.be/otN4xarAALg

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Swee! Congratulations!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

May I know where can I purchase this led lighting set? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

there is an MO on the MO section, but you're probably too late as the order has been made already....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry guys, I have been on business trip for the last 2 weeks and getting track of aq was a little slow. We have completed the last mo. The shipment is on the way to singapore and expect to arrive by early next week. For those who joined the last mo, I will SMS for the collection as soon as I get them.

If there are more interest in the led lamp, let me know your interest. If there are enough orders, I can arrange for another purchase.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

All the lamps have been collected last weekend. Thanks for the bros that bought them. Hope you are happy with it. Your comments on review on the lamp performance please.

After 4 months of using the earlier lamp that I bought, my plants are looking good and they are continuing to pearl and bubbling up from the plants to the surface. I have uploaded into youtube for all to see...

Comments welcome... Cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I have some request to start another MO for Members. If any member interested, please let me know. PM or SMS/Whatsapp at 97433540.

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...-Aquarium-Lamp

Cheers

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Any bros have experience with this light on 2ft depth planted tank? Can provide feedback pls?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

wa, thats a great lighting for planted tank...
    Its a fishy world out there... huat ar...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Des-Cindy, thanks. I am happy with my lights.

Tony, there are 2 bros, used the lights for their 2 ft depth tanks. The bro that bought all blue are seeing his plants at the 2 ft depth petals ring fine. The othe bro that got the 4ft tank is also happy with the lights as well. So far they have not posted their comments yet.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Just to share this information in short.
    Recently spoke to a LED researcher based in Singapore and was told that TRUE LED is made from two countries only, Singapore and US.
    China made are modified to cut costs so they will not last as stated. A government sector in SG recently had to replace hundreds or thousands of LED lamps as they breakdown after 4-5 months... (sorry cannot give more details as too sensitive).
    Just take note when you get China LED.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

For low quality products, its normally the LED drivers or the printed circuit boards that overheats and suffers a slight burn, resulting in power being cut to the LEDs.
    This causes blinking or a dead row of LEDs. Seen that on my older LED tubes and lights but as technology improves, such thing should not happen as often?

Quality of LED may cause another issue though...the deterioration of light output over time as well as a change in the color temperature.
    Still, I think its quite unfair to declare that all LEDs from other countries that not "true" LEDs. Case by case, based on cost and observable quality is how we should evaluate before we buy

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

it is not true that LED are only from US and Singapore. LED is Light Emitting Diode. It is just like an IC from a wafer silicon that emits light from a diode. LED technology have been around for years now. There are countries such as Japan, Korea and Taiwan as well that produces LED lights now.

I agree that technology progress very fast and the as the LED becomes more efficient and if you do not overdrive it, heat will remain at a manageable level.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Please note that i was just quoting what was told to me, and they do make sense.
    Some companies do modifications to cut costs so they can sell cheaper, sorry if i mentioned that ALL China companies, which is not true, as APPLE products also made by China.
    For example, for LED, if the casing is not made as per specification, so that heat can be dissipated out faster to prolong the life of the LED inside, then the LED will have shorter lifespan.
    Please go observe yourself and see why some LED can last longer and why some breakdown after few months.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123