Country
    Singapore

Opinion: heavily planted or simple scape

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,
    Just musing. Stalking my tank for suspected dragonfly nymphs. ( I caught 1 but all is quiet on the frontline now)

I started with zero knowledge and kept gold fish. Then moved to planted. Then small fish like tetra and now shrimp. So my one and only tank evolve through my whims and fancies. My current mood is Shrimps and planted. So the result is a heavily planted tank with shrimps. No chiller now so just sakuras and yellows and sunkists. Tried some crs but they ain't thriving in non chiller waters. Stop wasting money and sacrificing crs shrimp until I buy chiller.

Ok, my question or rather poll to all the shrimp keepers here. If so much vegetation, the shrimps all have comfortable hiding places, how to admire them? If tank very bare, shrimps scamper here and there clearly seen. Is it nicer?

Most likely in front of the computer screen if the status is green.
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Opinion: heavily planted or simple scape

Have a very lush base, maybe carpeted moss or hairgrass. That way it will be still very green and the shrimp can be seen fairly easily.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You don't really need alot of plants for the shrimps. Just some hiding space, what most people do is keep the foreground empty.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

You can do nice mountain scape with various moss species, flames moss, fissiden, spiky moss, mini X'mass, willow moss, etc. There are many moss species you can try
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Trust me it is a beautiful sight when your shrimps gather for food wahahaha. Even having moss it will
    Just be a background thing and nothing to block the beautiful sight. That is my poll sighting of shrimps
    Vs plants.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I started with putting a lot of plants and moss. As time goes on, need to trigger the plants and moss and disturbed the tank and sometimes result in shrimp deaths.
    Now I put it quite bare with a little moss for the shrimplets, floating plants to take the nitrate. This also help me to keep track if the shrimps are growing in numbers or reducing.