Country
    Singapore

Re: "Worms in Shrimp Tank"

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    This is related to the typical hand pump siphon sets commonly found to the LFS. The bottle has to be squeezed to create a vacuum and suck in the water and dirt. The only difference is that seudzar made it in a mini version. Nice work seudzar.

If I may suggest, the use of a filter net over the end of the dropper's bulb might be useful in preventing the substrate or shrimplets from being sucked in.
    Good idea on the filter net over the end of the dropper's bulb... Will definitely look into it as occasionally i got a substrate which would flow along the tube and got stuck at the end of the bottle side which will stop all the flow...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Look good.

Bro, just wondering do you face the problem with stirring the soil when pressing on the bottle? Or you actually do so before reaching to the substance for vacuuming?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    You need to press the bottle first before insert the dropper into the substrate of the tank, as the bottle is not fully tighten, the water will actually slip into the dropper when u insert the dropper into the water.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Country
    Singapore

Nice DIY siphon. For me, i use those gravels suction set to suck them out as the tap attached to it allows me to control the suction rate

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefu View Post
    Nice DIY siphon. For me, i use those gravels suction set to suck them out as the tap attached to it allows me to control the suction rate
    The tap does control the flow but it doesn't control the pumping action it is still not wise to use it in a shrimps tank. As compare with seudzar DIY he design it for a reason so that a cloud does not appear and tw chances of buried shrimplet is minimize. His is good siphon under the gravel not only that he gave me a idea to use it to maintain my ugf.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Country
    Singapore

You are right, his design is good. The pumping action did cloud the water

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12