Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Place to source for aquarium plants.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Place to source for aquarium plants.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi bros, I've been looking recently for places that sell aquarium plants. All the places that I used to frequent in Jln Kayu, Seletar West Farmway seem to have relocated due the darned expressway works.

Anyone got any places to recommend?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Place to source for aquarium plants.

capricon aquarium ? pasirris farmway

Low tech tank FTW!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

You can try C328 / Nanyang Aquarium as for Pasir Ris Farmway there is not much aquarium plant compare to the 2 i mention.

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by xiaofeng90 View Post
    You can try C328 / Nanyang Aquarium as for Pasir Ris Farmway there is not much aquarium plant compare to the 2 i mention.

Pasir Ris farmway got tonnes of plants if you know where to search. See link for details
    http://theplantedtankblog.blogspot.c...-trip.html?m=1

Dear mod,please delete the link if you find inappropriate.

My usual hunting spot for plants are NA,y618,pasir ris farms,seaview,c328... Sometimes you need to book the plants you need with lfs,try to bring a picture of the plant for lfs reference

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Can try searching deeper in farmway the next time you go there.

If you don't mind going further, the other end has plant farm like teo's. But it's really a long walk by foot.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post
    Pasir Ris farmway got tonnes of plants if you know where to search. See link for details
    http://theplantedtankblog.blogspot.c...-trip.html?m=1

Dear mod,please delete the link if you find inappropriate.

My usual hunting spot for plants are NA,y618,pasir ris farms,seaview,c328... Sometimes you need to book the plants you need with lfs,try to bring a picture of the plant for lfs reference
    Sorry for the mistake but the Iwarna ponds you mention is open to public to buy also ?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Can try searching deeper in farmway the next time you go there.

If you don't mind going further, the other end has plant farm like teo's. But it's really a long walk by foot.
    ya i went to every shop at farmway i normally cycle there on the weekend but didnt know Iwarna ponds open to public , the mindset for the place give me that it cater to lfs , sorry my fault .

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ya i went to every shop at farmway i normally cycle there on the weekend but didnt know Iwarna ponds open to public , the mindset for the place give me that it cater to lfs , sorry my fault .
    apology not accepted as not required in the first place...Haha

Yes, they entertain walk in,drive in, cycle in...not sure about roll in though...lol

I cycle in with another aq member during weekend...if you want maybe can go Together on weekends... But its a long ride as its quite deep inside pasir ris farmway..

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, they entertain walk in,drive in, cycle in...not sure about roll in though...lol

I cycle in with another aq member during weekend...if you want maybe can go Together on weekends... But its a long ride as its quite deep inside pasir ris farmway..
    Haha, but they accept walk in purchase ? Cause currently i still sourcing for my project also .
    Ya sure my honor to join , this weekend Saturday or Sunday ? I can't pm yet so my number is 966zero266six.
    Sorry moonbugs if i hijack your thread

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

the blog pics might have mistaken , the plant farm is not under iwarna and the otf pics is also wrong

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by limz_777 View Post
    the blog pics might have mistaken , the plant farm is not under iwarna and the otf pics is also wrong
    OT:- Eh, bro... i took the pictures myself with my own hands/legs/eyes/and Iphone...it is correct... the plant pond is within iwarna farm... but deep inside at the right hand side of the coral area... hard to spot if you did not walk in and see properly... but someone did told me they are under different management?? but i went in through iwarna main gate though.

OTF pic is correct too... maybe lesser stones/rocks now..LOL
    Last edited by wongce; 7th May 2012 at 16:45.

Link to my Blog

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

yes quite close unit , i always thought its under the same management because it doesnt have a signboard , location wise finding iwarna first will easier

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by limz_777 View Post
    yes quite close unit , i always thought its under the same management because it doesnt have a signboard , location wise finding iwarna first will easier
    @All, are you guys doing something really new to me. The new trend Bicycle-pool. .

@xiaofeng90, Most farms should cater to walk-in. But the price may not be any cheaper. The good part is you easily can buy bulk compared to 1 patch left from LFS, their freshly harvested too. BTW, the posts are ok as TS looking for sources

@limz, the plant farms look quite alike. All have many algae
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."