Country
    Singapore

Confusing Seachem Safe

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi bros,
    Recently i bought seachem safe for anti-chlorine purpose.
    However, i read the instructions on the container and online, its kinda confusing about the amount to be added.
    Any other here using safe ?
    can advice me..

thanks!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Confusing Seachem Safe

Hi,

I think Prime is the more commonly used product.
    For Safe, it is stated quite clearly, 1 measure (100mg) for 100L of water containing 1ppm of chloramine. By measure, I think they provide a scoop with the bottle? Otherwise, your option would be to weigh the powder yourself with a sensitive weighing scale. I think this product is meant for people who needs to treat very large volume of water, such as ponds and farms?

According to PUB, our chloramine is <2ppm, which means that to be "Safe" (pun intented), you should dose 2 measures per 100L.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi,

I think Prime is the more commonly used product.
    For Safe, it is stated quite clearly, 1 measure (100mg) for 100L of water containing 1ppm of chloramine. By measure, I think they provide a scoop with the bottle? Otherwise, your option would be to weigh the powder yourself with a sensitive weighing scale. I think this product is meant for people who needs to treat very large volume of water, such as ponds and farms?

According to PUB, our chloramine is <2ppm, which means that to be "Safe" (pun intented), you should dose 2 measures per 100L.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, I bought Safe without looking at the usage label and didn't know about Prime then... The joke is I've only got a 10 gallon tank..
    To use Safe... How do I even measure a suitable amount? So far I just scoop a tiny speck
    with my finger nail.. Hardly scientific.. I think I might be better off selling it and get Prime instead?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

i have heard about this product seachem prime.. many of people using it, the thing is you must know how much you going to put into your tank...
    Its a fishy world out there... huat ar...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I went back to C328 and explained to the auntie and she gave me some small little spoons and advised me how much to put for each water change(for 20L or 50% WC, I just need to put like the size of a red bean, it's that little).

Also I wrote in to Seachem and asked about risks if I overdosed, the support replied that if more than 5 times overdosed, it runs a risk of shortage of oxygen in the water.

So I think for now, I can keep on using Safe. The bottle I think will last for the next 10years or more! hahaha

Another newbie mistake of not doing research before buying stuff.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberkinetic View Post
    So I think for now, I can keep on using Safe. The bottle I think will last for the next 10years or more! hahaha

Another newbie mistake of not doing research before buying stuff.
    Do take note of its actual shelf life, cause if you were to introduce expired chemicals into your water, you may risk adding more harm to them than good.
    Hey Fishy!!! Your So Fine; Your So Fine; You Blow My Mind

Ongoing Food Cultures: Vinegar Eels; Grindal Worms; Microworms; and hopefully more

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi SirBest,
    If I read correctly in seachem's forum, Safe doesn't seemed to have an expiry date and safe to use for a long time. but realistically most stuff have expiry date... I got your point.. Anyway just glad can continue using it instead of getting another product.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBest View Post
    Do take note of its actual shelf life, cause if you were to introduce expired chemicals into your water, you may risk adding more harm to them than good.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i found some answer on the net and would like to share.
    It seems the safe will expire if left uncapped for a long time. If capped, it will last for years from manufacture date.
    http://www.seachem-labs.org/support/...4&pp=10&page=5
    Truth lasts for Eternality and lies are just waiting to be discovered.

http://bravobb-aqua.blogspot.sg/