Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

goldfishes in planted tank??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi any one try rearing goldfish in planted tanks??if yes how you make the goldfish not nip on the plants and how often do you all change the water and can explain how you change the water ???full amount or 1/3??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think the same rules apply, but as goldfish produce more poop compared to most common fish, a good filtration system is needed. and of course low stocking.... but it's possible.

Stem plants would probably be eaten, but ferns, anubias, crypts, echinodorus plants should be ok for a goldfish setup and thrive on their poop. I would also go for vals and sagitarrias...... one book I've seen shows a goldfish tank planted mostly with Nuphar, which looks wonderful.

Also, the plants should be introduced and allowed to root first, as goldfish are diggy fish.

*POOP POOP!!*

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hihi thank you very much ,,

i think i will continuing reading up more info and c what i do with goldfish and plants ...if got any new info pls add in for me....thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Goldfish and planted tank.

Okay.. IMHO. I think you can have goldfish and plants.. its just that is not all types of plants. Reason being is that Goldfish is coldwater fish. Most plants we keep are tropical plants.. therefore its not a good mix. Goldfish likes to nibble plants.

Try the following plants... they might help you and your little gold fish:

1. Hornworts
    Get the European variety (bushier and thicker whorls). They thrive in cold water and produce natural algicide that helps to control algae growth. Plus it does not have to be planted into the substrates.

2. Ludwigia reopens
    This plant tolerates cold water. In good amount of lights it can turn redish.

3. Java moss

4. Moss balls
    These is an unusual feature to excite your goldfish.. some of the goldfish love to play "roll the ball" game.. well.. the plant will also benefit from the nutrient-rich water as long as you have good amount of light

5. Riccia fluitans
    consider covering the surface of the tank with this plant. It loves coldwater and leeches out nutrients and controls nitrates. And it grows so quickly that no matter how much your goldfish eats them, they will be back in no time. Gives a nice dappled light effect on the tank too.

Hope this helps you. Hmm.. come and think of it.. I might start one myself.. whahahahahaha
    Cheerio,
    Sleepy_lancs
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    An afternoon trimming my watery garden is better
    then an afternoon with a therapist
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States