Images
    Country
    Singapore

Clap pellets or hydroballs?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys.. My viv is still in planning stage.. And i thought of doing a false bottom. So does anyone know where we can buy either clay pellets or hydroballs for that?

I tried seaview, c328, polyart but don't have....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Clap pellets or hydroballs?

why nobody knows...sobs...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Try call far east floral. Think plant nursery will have, but the amount another question.

Else try google and see normally sold sizes.

Btw, viva or viv lol.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Haha thanks felix! Er...viva?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi AhVy

Sorry bro, I didn't check here, busy!

The clay pellet you may obtain in any nurseries. May I know how big is your tank? The range of the package of clay pellet starting from 1kg to 10 kgs.. However, you need to be extra careful using this clay pellet ( direct from nursery) for paludarium. This can be very acidity if this not entirely boiled wash for 10-15 minutes.
    However, this clay pellet is still a good bacteria house, and useful for paludarium or any aquatic filtering.

hope this will help you.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I bought my clay sand/pellets at y618 8 months back...very hard and solid..not sure whether is it the one you are looking for... The uncle call it "红土沙".IMO,it looks like red clay pellets/pebbles as too big to be considered as sand. I am going there later,maybe i can help to check stock for you...

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ohhh thanks thanks both eddy and wong!! Hope that y618 have! Please let me know.

Ps: i sis..not bro..haha

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Sis Ahvy

I'm so gratified to hear that sister is doing a viva/palu viva/palu project!!!

Care to upload your built and literally show off your creation either new thread or here, if you need me to advice or show you some demo of what you like me to do...I 'll try my best, however, there are many brothers right at this moment are more and more becoming palu/viva supremacies will even may help you, too!

hope to hear you soon!
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I have seen clay pellets sold at the nurseries along Thompson Rd.

As for hydroballs, do you mean bio balls? C328 has bags of bio balls at the front of the shop!

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

SORRY SIS, eh, i think there are less than 10 sisters around active in this forum..really sorry to treat you as a bro...:P

I check Y618, no stock....

I am starting a Nano vivarium soon...hehe... i want to try out new challenges... but still keep to keeping fish as frogs are too noisy to me..:P

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by eddy planer View Post
    Hi Sis Ahvy

I'm so gratified to hear that sister is doing a viva/palu viva/palu project!!!

Care to upload your built and literally show off your creation either new thread or here, if you need me to advice or show you some demo of what you like me to do...I 'll try my best, however, there are many brothers right at this moment are more and more becoming palu/viva supremacies will even may help you, too!

hope to hear you soon!
    Thanks for offering to demo and advice eddy guru! In fact, your post on your Palu construction as one of the first posts that I was reading and caught my attention.
    But now I have nothing to show, because I'm still trying to decide the design on my vivarium... and since it's going to be my first try at this, it will definitely be those simple type...can't be compared to all of you expert bros out there! Just hope I can do something decent..

I will try my best to start a new thread when I am going to actually start putting together my first viva! And when that time comes, I hope you bros can still remember me and give me some precious advice. hehe

PS: I WAS actually trying to pm you a few days ago...but your inbox full. haha

Quote Originally Posted by benjidog View Post
    I have seen clay pellets sold at the nurseries along Thompson Rd.

As for hydroballs, do you mean bio balls? C328 has bags of bio balls at the front of the shop!
    Hi Benjidog! Thanks thanks...I'll probably have to go around to visit these nurseries..
    Eh..I'm not sure bio balls or what, but I kept reading other sites mentioning hydroballs..

Quote Originally Posted by wongce View Post
    SORRY SIS, eh, i think there are less than 10 sisters around active in this forum..really sorry to treat you as a bro...:P

I check Y618, no stock....

I am starting a Nano vivarium soon...hehe... i want to try out new challenges... but still keep to keeping fish as frogs are too noisy to me..:P
    Ohhh...you also starting a vivarium? Great! Please post your build too! I need to learn more things from you bros!
    I also thought of getting frogs before...I saw those poison dart frogs..oh my they are so so pretty! but alas, I know it's not allowed in Singapore..so sad..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

AhVy, think I last bought mine from Giant, at the gardening section...

Warmest Regards from Merviso aka Merv Soh
    [ my vivarium: 2012, 2010, 2009 & 2007]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i'm a dreamer... a dreamer living in the lost city of moonlight.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Merviso View Post
    AhVy, think I last bought mine from Giant, at the gardening section...
    Ahahah Hi MErv! That's easy!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi AhVy, hydro ball or leca are readily available at Homefix, Giant, sometimes NTUC and cold storage. The price ranges. Alternatively, you can get from World Farm at Bah Soon Pah road or Woon Leng at Jalan lekar. These two nurseries are two of most trustworthy source.

If you need help, let me know in advance cos I visit them very regularly.

Regards.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    Hi AhVy, hydro ball or leca are readily available at Homefix, Giant, sometimes NTUC and cold storage. The price ranges. Alternatively, you can get from World Farm at Bah Soon Pah road or Woon Leng at Jalan lekar. These two nurseries are two of most trustworthy source.

If you need help, let me know in advance cos I visit them very regularly.

Regards.
    Thanks Altum!! Yes! I managed to get them from Giant.
    And i'll be starting my viv soon! Woohooo.. Hope everythg goes well...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Do share with us your plans and WIP journey so that we can all exchange pointers and help each other along the way.

Cheers!!
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.