Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Protein Skimmer

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just for curiousity's sake, anyone knows where to get an AquaC Remora Pro Skimmer in Singapore?
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman, 1986. Rogers commission into the Challenger disaster

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    try aquamart.. they have a few different types of skimmers there.. but u know the price lah.. i last enquired abt berlin.. and it was like $800.. my goodness...
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    [:0]

Which model of Berlin?
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman, 1986. Rogers commission into the Challenger disaster

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    can't recall sia.. got frighten off by that price...[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hehehehehe..

Saw the Red Sea Berlin Classic at $300 at Petmart.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    dun think the one i saw is berlin classic.. with that price.. i wonder my friend in berlin can help me to buy.. hahaha.. but red sea not near berlin leh.. red sea berlin.. sometimes i really wonder why some brands have funny names.. hahaha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    actually law.. can DIY protein skimmer.. if u want.. can do it for u.. cost of DIY skimmer..
    ceramic air stone.. $5
    plastic bowl for tau huah...$2
    1.5l bottle... get from home... total cost.. $7... btw, the ceramic air stone is not any ordinary air stone.. those will dissolve... this one from korea one.. very good.. then u can save the $$$ and get other stuff first... and use this DIY one first.. to tahan first...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wa thanks for the offer man.

I think its called Red Sea Berlin because the company that made the skimmer is called "Red Sea" and the Berlin is the model, named after the type of Marine setup.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    well.. just let me know lor.. hehehe...

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    I just like to kown which brand of protien skimmer
    is the best and at reasonable price.As i know Tunze and RedSea are the few which are good but they are too exp liao..ANyone used Marco brand before..becos i though of
    getting one or any recommedations for other brands.My buget
    is ard 150 and my marine tank is 4 ft.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    honestly speaking,
    me using a ORCA for my 4ft tank.. and it is working just fine.. total cost with pump = $50-60... but the problem with it is that it have to be inside the tank.. the same goes for macro...
    well.. me go for those cheap and good items.. and as long as it does the job, it is fine for me...
    if u are interested in those hangon type of protein skimmer, do consider tunze or berlin.. yes.. berlin is ex.. but it is worth the $$$...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I need one that's outside the tank for two reasons
    1. The skimmer cup cannot be taken out if I put it in the tank because its on the lower level of a 2-tier 4ft tank. Not enough headroom to take it out
    2. Don't like to put stuff in my tank leh

I am considering the Red Sea Prizm Hang on skimmer

Feedback Score
    Yah i agreed that orca is a good skimmer but the problem
    is that it have to maintain at a water level in order
    for the skimmer to work.But of this main problem make me
    wat to change my skimmer.Me though of having a float switch to control the water level but went to Sim lim Tower..managed to find a few brand of float switch but did not know how to connect..mi poor at electrical..ask the shop ...they also dun koe..Hai~~Preharp anyone here know how to connect a float switch.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i can help u with the sketch as to where to connect the wires.. but u have to DIY yourself.. coz me not good with electrical as well..and u need to show me the float switch first.. i got one from my friend at $20... a small gadget..