Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Insane 10W LED light for Nano tank...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Insane 10W LED light for Nano tank...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Look powerful enough... i think i can even try it on my 6 feet.. only livestock no plants.. so this brightness is good enough...
    Anyone can tell me how to order this ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

just click the link at post #6
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

By the way, one thing I still have doubt.
    Why is the LED casing so hot as in like 50 degree when touch... If the power consumption is only 10W, it should not be that hot.. My T5 21Wx4 are not even that hot when touch.. If only someone have a power measurement to measure the consumption whether it is 10W as stated. Beware china product sometime can be misleading as they may not present all the information in a product.. Later if you use this and switch on for long hours and assume only 10W, then when PUB bill come.. You will jump! Just my 2 cents of concern.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Because it is LED. LED generate heat on its electrode, that is why all high power LED will required heat sink. I cant comment on this 10W model though, never have one.

T5 generating heat in all around. Just imagine all the heat generated by T5 was collected into one small area, it is probably will be as hot as LED.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Also, note that LED's is driven by amperage, not wattage. A 3W LED can be a miserable 0.5amp or a high powered 3amp monster.
    In both cases, the heat and light output (taking into the efficiency of the LED chip), can be vastly different.

For highly efficient and powerful LEDs, such as the Cree XML-T6, it is not necessary to drive it at it's max 3A. It can be driven at 1A and is still crazy bright compared to older LEDs and at that kinda amperage, actually runs cooler and on less wattage.

This is main reason why the old "watts per gallon" calculations cannot be used for LEDs when trying to determine the amount of lights to use for a tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
    Nice flood light...
    I'm not able to find the $13 version anymore though. Also, I'm more interested in the 12000K version...But I have very limited space above the tank as its a 2 tier rack...argh!

Oh, how do you power the unit? Would the AC version simply be plug and play?
    Hi, i believe the AC version is plug and play. Please take note of the dimension of the flood light when ordering. I think they got the pic for the dimension.

Remark: double check and double check your order before payment....THEY DONT ENTERTAIN EMAIL & PHONE CALL !@#@%$#%$!#^%#^%#^#!^(*** NO SERVICE) BUY AT OWN RISK....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Question: What is the different between D/C and A/C?
    Should I order the D/C or A/C

And Maria, How long did it take to reach you?
    What tank for lazy man?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

seriously man, its only a 2 page thread. it took Maria 14days.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by benkho View Post
    seriously man, its only a 2 page thread. it took Maria 14days.
    Thank you

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Navanod View Post
    Also, note that LED's is driven by amperage, not wattage. A 3W LED can be a miserable 0.5amp or a high powered 3amp monster.
    In both cases, the heat and light output (taking into the efficiency of the LED chip), can be vastly different.

For highly efficient and powerful LEDs, such as the Cree XML-T6, it is not necessary to drive it at it's max 3A. It can be driven at 1A and is still crazy bright compared to older LEDs and at that kinda amperage, actually runs cooler and on less wattage.

This is main reason why the old "watts per gallon" calculations cannot be used for LEDs when trying to determine the amount of lights to use for a tank.
    Bro, it is too profound.... i am lost.. and i am not sure whether now to get this 10W or not... Also very scary on their service and respond... no guarrantee and high risk purchase... if DOA how ? Complain to who ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by bravobb View Post
    Bro, it is too profound.... i am lost.. and i am not sure whether now to get this 10W or not... Also very scary on their service and respond... no guarrantee and high risk purchase... if DOA how ? Complain to who ?
    Bro, sorry to say they got no service and support as i ordered the wrong item and immediately drop them a few emails and also a few phone calls but No responds from them...but they still delivered the item i ordered wrongly...

i ordered the item simply by gambling factor as i fully understand the risk factors involve and have mentality prepared if the item are not delivered or item DOA or simply got MUG.
    As i duno them nor are they a reliable merchant....i had my share of disappointments with deal extreme as well...end of the day...when buying something online...there is no true protection...
    Even with paypal....i have my share of disappointment as well....they earn the exchange rates when paying and when something happens....they practically have no solutions and you wont get your money back from paypal as well...

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Bro, sorry to say they got no service and support as i ordered the wrong item and immediately drop them a few emails and also a few phone calls but No responds from them...but they still delivered the item i ordered wrongly...

i ordered the item simply by gambling factor as i fully understand the risk factors involve and have mentality prepared if the item are not delivered or item DOA or simply got MUG.
    As i duno them nor are they a reliable merchant....i had my share of disappointments with deal extreme as well...end of the day...when buying something online...there is no true protection...
    Even with paypal....i have my share of disappointment as well....they earn the exchange rates when paying and when something happens....they practically have no solutions and you wont get your money back from paypal as well...

Their website does not accept credit card payment yet, only paypal at the moment. To get a response from them, you need to create a user account and submit a support ticket.
    I submitted a few tickets yesterday due to connection problem with paypal and lck-leds (Elvis) responded within the same day to answer my queries.
    A email will be sent to your email address as well, something like below:

Your Support Ticket has been replied to. You can view the changes at:
    http://www.lck-led.com/ticket_view.php?tlid=3m3F8u7WXX
    If you have more Questions, please continue to use our support ticket system.

I'll sucessfully placed my order yesterday successfully and get an update through email (something like this)

LCK LED STORE - PROFFESIONAL LED
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Order Number: 4246
    Detailed Invoice: http://www.lck-led.com/account_histo...?order_id=42XX
    Date Ordered: Monday 04 June, 2012
    The comments for your order are
    Your order has been updated to the following status.
    New status: Processing

It will take between 6 to 10 days to reach Singapore. Finger cross for now.
    Can't wait for it to arrive.

Placing order is quite a breeze if not for the paypal connection problem which i encountered yesterday.

I am getting 2 pcs (total 20W) to try it out to replace my old 36x3W + Ballasts (Total 108W + say 12W) PL light for my low maintenance tank.

Total saving of $$$/month = 100W per month = 0.1KW x 28cts/KWH x 7hours/day x 30days = $5.88/months

If this is successful, will get may be another 1 or 2 pcs for my other tanks to cut down my total electricity bill to $10+ saving per month.
    Last edited by jamesneo; 5th Jun 2012 at 14:50.
    Happy Planting, Be Well & Prosper. An aquarium plants hobbyist for hobbyists.

Scaping Nature in a Cube
    SMS/Whatsapp: James | 9647 0392 | Tampines S(520273)

Latest available plants images in my profile's gallery --> http://www.aquaticquotient.com/galle...r&imageuser=66

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi james,

How come they are so good to you....i sent them emails...they never reply....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jamesneo View Post
    It will take between 6 to 10 days to reach Singapore. Finger cross for now.
    Can't wait for it to arrive.

Placing order is quite a breeze if not for the paypal connection problem which i encountered yesterday.

I am getting 2 pcs (total 20W) to try it out to replace my old 36x3W + Ballasts (Total 108W + say 12W) PL light for my low maintenance tank.

Total saving of $$$/month = 100W per month = 0.1KW x 28cts/KWH x 7hours/day x 30days = $5.88/months

If this is successful, will get may be another 1 or 2 pcs for my other tanks to cut down my total electricity bill to $10+ saving per month.

James,

With the 10W LED lamp...it almost blind me when i switch it on the 1st time....taken by surprise how can a 10W produce such brightness....

I think you better put on sunglass before you switch the 20W on.....

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi james,

How come they are so good to you....i sent them emails...they never reply....
    Haha, may be i am lucky.
    Think they want people to create a account first and submit support ticket (for serious buyer).
    If unregistered people send queries via their website email address, they may think you are not a serious buyer.

Scaping Nature in a Cube

Latest available plants images in my profile's gallery --> http://www.aquaticquotient.com/galle...r&imageuser=66

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

James,

With the 10W LED lamp...it almost blind me when i switch it on the 1st time....taken by surprise how can a 10W produce such brightness....

Thanks and noted.
    Thank for the wonderful link again. My tank is 4 feet so i think i need 2 pcs for to shine those blind spot of the tank, especially the corners.

Scaping Nature in a Cube

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi James,
    is the shipping cost doubled or the same for 2 pieces ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

My apologies for all that technical jargons. I'm such a geek
    To be very honest, when I buy something from Ebay or any Hong Kong/China related websites, I'm prepared to lose it. Most of the time, I try with something I can afford to lose, something cheap, to test water so to say.
    It's unlike buying from Amazon or Newegg, where there's some channel to complain.

I had a thread previously about buying LED tubes from Alibaba. It ended with me getting an underpowered LED tube that wasn't what I wanted, and the vendor getting only half the money because I blocked payment to him in time.

For an $18USD light, can take the risk right?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

bravobb thats a fantastic question because i want to ask the exact same thing (if buy more save on shipping maybe we can group buy ). but LED no warranty abit scary no?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

James,

LED has come a long way bro. I can do "Batman" sign at night using a 3x3W torchlight. hahaha!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast