Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Insane 10W LED light for Nano tank...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Insane 10W LED light for Nano tank...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I think it's about 30+cm (max). Like I said, to the naked eye, the light is definitely not as bright as my current T5s. However I'm not sure if that means it's not suitable totally.

Let me try to get some photos if i can later today so you can have an idea what I was trying to say.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ne0matr1x View Post
    Anybody care to share on the LED lights performance on the plants? Any pearling occurred? And can it grow high demanding plants like HC, hairgrass or glosso? I'm very interested to change my FL lights to LED but still not convinced on LED growing plants.

My tank is 4'x 1.5' x 1.5' and my lights are mounted about 20 cm above the water surface. As it is, my 54W x 4 FL is making the glosso grow upwards and not crawl, so I have to add 4' PL light (not sure the wattage).

The 20cm gap between the water surface is for aesthetic reasons. If this LED is good enough, I will switch.
    I am running single 10W LED on my office nano since about 1.5 weeks ago (new setup), am trying to grow HC and Hairgrass with CO2 injection. So far no melting on HC, some growth observed on Hairgrass too. Will update again in a few weeks time, so far so good.

For 1.5' depth, I would think you will need at least 30W instead. I bought 2x30W for my 2.5' deep tank but the penetration and intensity is not comparable to my current 4x54W T5, PM me if you keen to know more.
    4ft Planted Tank (approx. 500L incl sump)
    Equipment:
    4x2x2.5 12mm Tank with Sump. 4x55W 6,700K T5. Eheim 1262 Return. Hailea 300A Chiller. 5L CO2 with JBJ Solenoid Regulator. Lapis Sand with JBL Base Fert.

Feedback Score

Anyone tried those sold at sim lim tower? Look alike but cost more .I don't have credit card nor PayPal, so can only buy there. 10,20&30W power by 230v.

hi , I had bought one 20W to try on my tank. So far so good .i had used for around one mths.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfish View Post
    Anyone tried those sold at sim lim tower? Look alike but cost more .I don't have credit card nor PayPal, so can only buy there. 10,20&30W power by 230v.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Insane 10W LED light for Nano tank...

Quote Originally Posted by christmaslovebird View Post
    hi , I had bought one 20W to try on my tank. So far so good .i had used for around one mths.
    Planted tank or ?
    I got the 10w version, for the price is good. But not didn't feel good enough for deeper then 1 feet tanks.

Btw bro, how long delivery. I checked for Dhl ... The charges more then the 10w itself.
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Are those items running on 220-230V or do I need a transformer?

Feedback Score

those i saw are on 230v, think not enough for my 2ft height. 10w think i will need 4nos,better go for 20w.Online cheaper,too bad i can't buy online.

Hi, is mainly ferns and some moss in there . Is low light tank that why ok for my usage . need to monitor for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by felix_fx2 View Post
    Planted tank or ?
    I got the 10w version, for the price is good. But not didn't feel good enough for deeper then 1 feet tanks.

Btw bro, how long delivery. I checked for Dhl ... The charges more then the 10w itself.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Insane 10W LED light for Nano tank...

You all might want to try sm system (company) in Singapore. They do sell LED flood light. They might have the wattage you all want

Feedback Score
    Country
    Australia

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. Wanted to find out what wattage flood lights work for a 4x2x2 planted low tech tank. Most plants are low-medium light requirement. Not growing any carpet type plants per se but mostly micro chain swords. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I have friend who are using 4x30W but since you only planning for low-medium light plants requirement, you can half the amount. Maybe either 2x30W or 3x20W for better spread.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Australia

Awesome, thanks Shadow! Have just ordered a 10W flood light for a 45 cm cube tank. Again just low light plants/moss for shrimps. Hope this will work too. :-)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

what stand is suitable for this?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Australia

I'll be googling it and see if I could DIY something like a goose neck stand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

jc12: did you manage to find the goose neck stand?
    I am seeking to buy 1 or 2 x 30W LED floodlight for my 4 feet x 1.5 (height) tank. The price varies per piece from 55-100 SGD, with many different manufacturers. Anyone got idea how to choose?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I am thinking of getting this one
    Aluminum 10W LED Flood Light AC85-256V, 8-900LM

should be just plug in and lights on, right? After all it is AC 85 -256V...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yes, you can use it in singapore . Singapore voltage is 230vac. There is an inbuilt voltage regulator in the flood light unit which can function from 85vac-256vac.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    jc12: did you manage to find the goose neck stand?
    I am seeking to buy 1 or 2 x 30W LED floodlight for my 4 feet x 1.5 (height) tank. The price varies per piece from 55-100 SGD, with many different manufacturers. Anyone got idea how to choose?
    No I have not found a suitable stand. I may try to build one myself. I am thinking of getting either 3 x 20W or 2 x 30W for my 4x2x2 tank. I am more inclined towards 2 x 30W. Does anyone have experience or could provide advice o which is better for a 2 feet high tank? Only growing pygmy micro swords so not exactly high light requirement. Thanks! :-)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I think it should be 2x30W for 4 feet tanks. The higher wattage is needed for the depth of the tank.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGhWziY_zh0
    I am thinking of getting gardening thin iron rods to hang across the top of the tank to support these lights. Some of these floodlights are ultra light < 0.5kg.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    I think it should be 2x30W for 4 feet tanks. The higher wattage is needed for the depth of the tank.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGhWziY_zh0
    I am thinking of getting gardening thin iron rods to hang across the top of the tank to support these lights. Some of these floodlights are ultra light < 0.5kg.
    Sounds like a good project... maybe you can also try using thick-wall PVC pipes too, since the lights are relatively light. Just have to make sure the support beams are strong enough not to sag due to the length of the tank.

I guess the alternative would be just getting those ready-made stainless steel adjustable ones from LFS, like these:

http://www.eastoceansg.com/ans-hydro...cm-p-1327.html

http://www.eastoceansg.com/ans-hydro...cm-p-1331.html
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast