Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Water capacity of frameless 2.5feet tank...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Water capacity of frameless 2.5feet tank...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi,

anyone using this tank? what is the water capacity? how about 2feet frameless tank?

can the dyna/dolphin overhead filter fit these 2ft and 2.5ft frameless tanks?

kindly advise.

tks!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    need to have your actual dimensions!

you can use this formula:

1 meter cube = 1000 Litres = 264.2 US gallons

so just find the volume of the tank (Length x width x depth all in meters) then convert !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ?
    why don't you just multiply the length x width x height (all in cm) and divide by 1000 to get the volume in litres?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    guys, i don't have the tank, just thought if someone here has...

got permission to "upgrade" my nisso 2ft tank to a better looking frameless tank. just wondering if i can get away with getting a 2.5ft tank instead.[]

would prefer a 3ft, but already rejected - no space.
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmm let me get my tank calculator program up again.

Stay tuned....
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman, 1986. Rogers commission into the Challenger disaster

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wat do you mean frameless?
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    "frameless" (to me) means "no black reams" on the tank. so the whole tank is clear glass. better-looking.

hey, i finally got the "go-ahead" to get a 3-feet tank! hurray!!!

err, how many litres, huh? "suaku" never gone near enough to a 3ft in order to measure...[]

and do i presume that the best filter to use with a 3ft tank would be a canister filter like Eheim?

thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh, it's going to be a community tank, with lots of plant though.

"no space" became "ok" cos i've to give up my 2ft and transfer all occupants into the new tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    upgrading........[]
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!!![]

everyday, read about others upgrading, now is my turn!!!

it started with my comments about the 2ft tank with black frames, not very nice. it's sitting quite near a frameless 1.5ft tank[]

should i get a 2ft frameless or a 2.5ft frameless? aiyah, why don't just get a 3ft frameless, with a promise that there'll be no more upgrading?

one step at a time...[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Does frameless means like those tanks without corners? I heard some complains saying that the view quite distorted until give headaches..... not sure if it will or not
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    sherchoo, i hope not!!!

my existing tanks are without joint in front, and i find them very nice. of course, it's flat in front so the distortion is only from the two corners.

wah, i hope i don't get headache, cos i've already ordered the tank! (i got "ocean free" brand from qianhu, from a lfs, so i hope i've ordered the right thing cos they'd no samples! i like the 3ft from b328 clementi, but their price is abit steep...)

actually i've always wanted a tank like that, curved in front and frameless, cos they look very impressive. any members here with such a tank? maybe you can advise on the distortion issue?

tks!

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    coryfav.. with the upgrading to 3ft, consider selling your 2ft???
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    where to find the most frameless tanks around?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kelstorm, yes. that's one of the things that i've promised to do (get rid of the 2ft tank), in order to get permission to upgrade to 3ft!!![]
    but you may have to wait for over a month, cos 3ft only coming next weekend, by the time i setup and run the tank, transfer, etc...
    if you still want to wait, will keep you posted.
    cheers!

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hahah.. by then, i would already got my 2ft tank already.. hahah.. what abt the lights?[] which brand and using which kinda of lights??
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i'm just using the normal 15w light, cos my plants are only java ferns and nana, very easy to keep healthy.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think you are referring to those types of tank design popular with the japanese. when the tops are covered, it looks like a TV. Try H2O. Various size and price is quite reasonable. get the glass type and not the acrylic. else you are likely to end up with scratched walls.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    glass is always nicer then plastic in terms of tank wise..
    Cheers!

Benetay