Country
    Singapore

xmas moss

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    I would like to have xmas moss for the entire backdrop of my tank, means, having xmas moss covering the the back of tank, making it as a background. is it adviseable to do that? how to create that? thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Simon,
    do i need to tie them to the net? sandwich them? means the xmas moss is in between the nets? isn't it like kniap (crushing) them? just pressing them in between two nets are sufficient? no need to tie them? xmas needs lower temperature? 21-23degrees? how about adding some ice cubes? can it be done? what about riccia? they also need lower temperature to grow well?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I can assure you that you dun need 21-23C to grow X moss. yes... they will grow even if you float them around, so just sandwich them between the mesh is enough, dun have to squeeze moss juice out of them. As long as your tank is not warm (>30C) it will grow fine.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    21-23?u gotta freeze and stress yr fishes... ard 27 is good enuff

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i mean the time before i add fish,about 2-3 weeks while the plants take rooting into the soil. is 23 degrees ok for the plants for first 2 weeks??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    then after raise the temp after u intro the fishes? errrr.. not a good idea, yr plants have to readjust

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Simon,
    so what is the ideal temperature for plants and fish together? besides this i have to check on other things as well rite? like PH, KH and what else? what is their ideal amount?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    it depends on both yr selection of plants and fishes... some fish (eg. discus prefer high temp ard 29/30, guppies require PH above 7, plants do have the same kinda requirement) refer to www.dennerle.de or AQ's database

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ray, if you make a moss wall, remember that one consequence will be dirt and algae collecting behind the wall of mesh/netting. Sometimes fishes also get trapped behind or in the holes of the mesh. Although I have to mention that kuhli loaches absolutely loves them, uses them like the children playground.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Ray,

Try not having the combination of Christmas Moss with Riccia. Once I have them and unless you dun mind the riccia attaching itself to the moss. If not it is like aids, you can't shake it off. It spread and spread, ended up with two plant in one. Can be a little luan, but if it is o.k with you then it is fine. BTW, the moss dun nit much of thing to secure them if you observe after they grown, you will notice little hook like thingie 'so call arms' that we creep onto the net. It is a very easy to maintain plants. You dun need that low temperature to keep the moss. Like Ck mentioned anything below 30 will grow. Of course cooler means more robust growth. One thing they do is shade they simply loves them.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    riccia isn't the biggest headache
    ultricularia spp. (bladderwort) is the MOST SICKENING thing you can ever get mixed into moss
    you will be forever cursing and swearing when it comes back every single time