Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Cherry Shrimp color loss

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I am very concerned about my cherry shrimps' loss of color. When i brought them home they were pale and dull, and after settling in the tank they turned red except for maybe one or two which remained dull. However as days and weeks passed i realise that more and more shrimps are turning dull. In fact besides 2-3 shrimps which still display shades of red others look just like Malayan Shrimps now. I have read that their color depends on their diet, if so what should i feed them? Some commercial sites also advocated the addition of iodine to enhance them. What do you guys think?
    ============================
    NEON TETRAS WOULD BE PERFECT IF NOT FOR THE ^#&*!()%@^&@%# NEON TETRA DISEASE!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Get them pregnant? I noticed my cherries are redder after getting pregnant.
    Maybe your cherries are from an over-inbred source? I got my cherries from a few different sources, and I notice some remain pale red even after they grow to adult size, whereas some get very red very quickly.
    Oh, the rare old Whale, mid storm and gale. In his ocean home will be. A giant in might, where might is right. And King of the boundless sea.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Leave them alone. The redder and fatter ones are usually females. Check the undersides at the legs area. The slimmer and only very a bit of red ones are usually the male ones. If they are not dying, dun worry too much

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    so the redder ones are females and the not so red ones are male?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:61aeba0873="CT"]so the redder ones are females and the not so red ones are male?[/quote:61aeba0873]

I don't agree, male and female both can be super red.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    male cherry shrimps can be red but it will not be as red as the female ones ... i've bred enuff of them to know ... also, you cannot juz diff by colour ... gotta look at the body shape too ... females are generally much fatter at the legs area cos dats where the eggs are gonna be ... males are slim slim ones