Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Tank still quite in a bad shape.. some plants not kicking off as expected

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    get a open top hood made... cos the euro/center bracing looks ugly..

the odd thing is, the hair grass/or moss swings to the left.. almost like you have a violent current in your tank..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Not that bad lah, water so clear already very nice looking, though I have to admit it doesn't really GLOW with life.
    Oh, the rare old Whale, mid storm and gale. In his ocean home will be. A giant in might, where might is right. And King of the boundless sea.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks yellowish... throw in some more matching green plants.
    The red plant really distracts and make the whole layout very dull, too big and too tall.

The equipment inside also need a little arranging, looks haphazard.

Yeh and use a hood and keep those bottles of stuff somewhere else.
    I'm back!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:d3852a78="loupgarou"]get a open top hood made... cos the euro/center bracing looks ugly..

the odd thing is, the hair grass/or moss swings to the left.. almost like you have a violent current in your tank.. [/quote:d3852a78]

yeah the mayaca sp. simply tilts when i attach the rain bar
    as for the hood, nah... too lazy

Not that bad lah, water so clear already very nice looking, though I have to admit it doesn't really GLOW with life.
    You are right, its defintely not glowing like it used to... the present arrangment is used mainly to revive those stemmed plants at left of the 1st pix

Looks yellowish... throw in some more matching green plants.
    The red plant really distracts and make the whole layout very dull, too big and too tall.

The equipment inside also need a little arranging, looks haphazard.

Yeh and use a hood and keep those bottles of stuff somewhere else.
    Yellowish? likely caused by the hotspots in the pics... whats so haphazard about the equipments?

this is a tank update not a tank competition pic

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It's everyone's dream of having a big tank seperating the dinining area with the lving room. That's beside the point.

Is there a reson why those taller plants are planted on the right side as shown in your first pics?
    It is because most of the time other than viewing from the front and back, it is viewed from the right or at a certain angle from the right.

Hence, isn't it better to plant those taller plants on the left side nearest to the protruding wall of your flat.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:05615ca3ab="chua"]It's everyone's dream of having a big tank seperating the dinining area with the lving room. That's beside the point.

Is there a reson why those taller plants are planted on the right side as shown in your first pics?
    It is because most of the time other than viewing from the front and back, it is viewed from the right or at a certain angle from the right.

Hence, isn't it better to plant those taller plants on the left side nearest to the protruding wall of your flat.

Correct me if i am wrong.[/quote:05615ca3ab]

kekekeeee... previous on the other side of the tank, planted it to the far side because of the other plants I trying to cultivate... once the plants are growing then I will reposition the aquascaping again :P

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    It's everyone's dream of having a big tank seperating the dinining area with the lving room. That's beside the point.
    This always makes me want to laugh, imagine wading thru or leaping over a tank every time you want to eat a meal, and then the little kids will be preyed on by the crocodiles in the water

No offense, chua.
    Oh, the rare old Whale, mid storm and gale. In his ocean home will be. A giant in might, where might is right. And King of the boundless sea.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    what happened to your fern wood???

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:7d93a57912="budak"]what happened to your fern wood??? [/quote:7d93a57912]

i remove it, badly infected with BBA

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Your CO2 not enough, thatwhy!! How many times do we have to tell you clueless newbies that high CO2 and fert will whack BBA!!??

:P :P

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:640b194bfa="budak"] Your CO2 not enough, thatwhy!! How many times do we have to tell you clueless newbies that high CO2 and fert will whack BBA!!??

:P :P [/quote:640b194bfa]

come solved the BBA problem for me.. see what you can do

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    well. its entirely probably that he has the same mutant bba that i have..

since you have no fish, why not try pure copper sulfate..

my bba survives 1.3ppm of copper..

you may as well try 2ppm.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Simon, a tank of that size and you are using the bioplast reactor???? You need to get a big reactor and a big pump to power it. Circulation is definitely an issue for a tank of this size. Try to get those eheim internal/external pumps and hook it up to a bigger size reactor like those from NA...feed the CO2 into the pump instead of the reactor and finally connect the output to a rainbar along the entire bottom back of the 6footer and fire it straight to the front of the tank.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:c2c6a2ffcf="PeterGwee"]Simon, a tank of that size and you are using the bioplast reactor???? You need to get a big reactor and a big pump to power it. Circulation is definitely an issue for a tank of this size. Try to get those eheim internal/external pumps and hook it up to a bigger size reactor like those from NA...feed the CO2 into the pump instead of the reactor and finally connect the output to a rainbar along the entire bottom back of the 6footer and fire it straight to the front of the tank.

Regards
    Peter Gwee [/quote:c2c6a2ffcf]

Chris, hahahaaa... but i have other fishes :P

peter, with my previous used of the 50mm diameter ADA diffuser in my previous 6ft setup was good, with plants thriving.. So i started with it again, but the plants didnt quite like it, they were growing till I did a major trim.. now the ludwigia sp. 'cuba' refuse to grow.. Wanted to get some replacement, but Teo is out of submerged plants... I have also just increase my trace to 2 dosing weekly , switched to the bioplast reactor which was lying in my cupboard and add that small internal pump to it.. there are signs of improvement... so I will wait for a while before try something else :P I have an pond pump somewhere in my house which I use it for water change a few years back, will try that configuration and an external reactor when all fails

thanks guys for the suggestion