Images
    Country
    Singapore

CO2 checker gone colorless

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have given up measuring KH/PH to determine CO2 level.

Now even the drop checker is becoming useless too.

This is a 80L (2.5ft) tank, with DIY CO2 about 1~2 bps, non-stop 24 hrs/day thru a reactor. (I refresh the DIY CO2 every 2 weeks)

I have KH4 water in the CO2 checker and the test liquid is brand new from Gush.
    It is blue when freshly setup, but over a few day it will be colorless. Take it out from the tank it will turn blue after a while.

Other than that every thing is normal, the fishes have no problem, plant are growing well. PH is around 6.5~6.8. KH of the tank water is maintained around 3~4. (Adjusted to 4 with Baking Soda after weekly water change).

My only resort now is to see the CO2 bubble counter.

Any other brand of drop checker liquid I should try ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: CO2 checker gone colorless

I would suggest you try CAL Lab's CO2 indicator solution, which does not require KH4 water for dilution. I used it for quite sometime and the liquid only requires changing once a month if I recalled correctly. I'm lazy and only changed it once every 2 months plus just to verify that the CO2 is stable.

http://www.aquaculturesg.com/product...&stxt=&nipp=16

They also have a reference solution if you do not know what is the ideal color to achieve. You'll need either their very nice looking "double checker" for this, or you can use a spare checker and put it next to the one with the indicator.

http://www.aquaculturesg.com/product...&stxt=&nipp=16