Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Unhappy Myriophyllum mattogrossense melting

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My dwarf hair grass used to be one melting. It is now the myriophyllum mattogrossense's turn. I've read that myriophyllum mattogrossense grow super fast (which they do in my tank) and are hardly seen melting. However mine is starting to melt at the nodes after about 2 weeks especially the base which is tied to the driftwood that had came along with them.
    WP_000697.jpgWP_000693.jpg

It used to be such a thick bunch but now it is just sparse growth with a lot of brown at the base What have I done wrong this time? Even my dwarf hairgrass is super green now...
    Sincere apologies if you find it annoying whenever I ask for the lowest price in town and I sound dumb at times I am still a student that's why.

Feedback Score
    37 (97%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Myriophyllum mattogrossense melting

Do you do liquid fert dosing? Some possibilities are not been getting sufficient nutrients, lights, temperature change.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ne0matr1x View Post
    Do you do liquid fert dosing? Some possibilities are not been getting sufficient nutrients, lights, temperature change.
    Hahaha. This came in a little too late. Yeah I do dose some liquid fertiliser. They didn't make it eventually. Point proven, I am really bad with aquatic plants On top of that, I purchase them tied to a driftwood. I guess it's true that we cannot just tie stem plants to a driftwood and hope that it'll grow well.
    Oh well. I think I'll have to move to moss instead. They seem to be easier to care for.
    Sincere apologies if you find it annoying whenever I ask for the lowest price in town and I sound dumb at times I am still a student that's why.

Feedback Score
    37 (97%)
    Country
    Singapore

By the way ure plant does not look like Myriophyllum mattogrossense. It looks more like Limnophila sessilifolia.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ne0matr1x View Post
    By the way ure plant does not look like Myriophyllum mattogrossense. It looks more like Limnophila sessilifolia.
    ARGH! The other dude gave me the wrong answer! THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Nevertheless those plants are long dead. I had replaced that with some translucent rotala looking plants. I love them! They are so forgiving and grow very fast. Random branches come out too even without cutting...