Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hello..I'm Jill

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Yep another newbie! I'm an Aussie..been living here for almost 2 years..just love it! My partner is American (sorry!!)..haha.He's had a few fish tanks in the past, and at the moment we have 2 small (30 litre) tanks with my Bruce (betta) and a few buddies in one and another with some tetras. We are getting a 4ftx2ftx2ft tank built..freshie and planted.Will be asking q's about community tanks as I know very little.. Thanks and cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hello..I'm Jill

Hi Jill, I am just an ordinary member here. Welcome to the forum, you and your partner. There are quite a few knowledgeable friends in here. I am sure you wil find it enjoyable.
    What fish do you intend to keep, other than the present nice little Tetras and Betta?
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Jill, welcome to AQ
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    Hi Jill, I am just an ordinary member here. Welcome to the forum, you and your partner. There are quite a few knowledgeable friends in here. I am sure you wil find it enjoyable.
    What fish do you intend to keep, other than the present nice little Tetras and Betta?
    Thanks for the welcome. We will have a lot of questions once our new tank is built and settled and planted, on what type/s of fish to put in.I'd like some nice, colourful fish.We'll probably have a few species that play nicely together

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi jill. Welcome to AQ. Enjoy your stay here

Advice from boss Felix

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Colorful fish are more interesting and brighten up one's spirit. I bought a cheap packet of mixed Platys (you see, the shops here sell Platys, and other small fish, to be used as feed for big exotic fish), and find them interesting. They are the most colourful fish I've ever played with. After this initial sample, which are mostly red/black, orange and cream, I will be getting some of the other colors as well, eg blue, albino, etc. Being so cheap, Platys are ideal for those new to the game, as then they can learn the aquatic ropes very cheaply before graduating to exotic fish later on with less risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. We will have a lot of questions once our new tank is built and settled and planted, on what type/s of fish to put in.I'd like some nice, colourful fish.We'll probably have a few species that play nicely together
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!