Country
    Singapore

Bioplast co2 instant co2 top up

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

Do they weigh the tank before and after filling?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Bioplast co2 instant co2 top up

Looking at the pressure gauge will tell you full tank or not. How are you going to tell a full tank of CO2 going to weigh?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

No, they don't weigh the cylinders.
    - eric

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Yeap they don't. They do inspect your tank briefly for any signs of wear and tear though.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEnd View Post
    Looking at the pressure gauge will tell you full tank or not. How are you going to tell a full tank of CO2 going to weigh?
    the pressure gauge does not show whether the tank is full or not. however,it does tell you whether there is liquid CO2 left in the tank. as long as there is liquid CO2 in the tank, the pressure gauge will show ~1000psi (temperature dependent). CO2 pressure will only start to reduce when all liquid co2 is used up.

weighing is the most accurate way of telling whether the tank is fully filled.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I guess sending to factory is the best option?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tawauboy View Post
    the pressure gauge does not show whether the tank is full or not. however,it does tell you whether there is liquid CO2 left in the tank. as long as there is liquid CO2 in the tank, the pressure gauge will show ~1000psi (temperature dependent). CO2 pressure will only start to reduce when all liquid co2 is used up.

weighing is the most accurate way of telling whether the tank is fully filled.
    @ DeadEnd

Pressure is dependent on temperature. Once liquid CO2 is used up, pressure will start to drop at around 800psi.

Tanks are sold differently either by weight or volume, such as 5lb co2 tank or 2kg FE or 5l co2 tank based on region.

For example,
    In the US, it is sold by lbs. A 5lb co2 tank is rated to contain 5lb of co2. Its water capacity is typically higher.

When the tank is sold in litres, it is only filled up to 65%-68% of its water capacity (litres).

Regardless, all tanks are filled up to to 65%-68% of water capacity for safety margin because of pressure. (US is 68%, Aust is 66%)
    Last edited by ltsai; 15th Sep 2012 at 08:57.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Bioplast's refills and one-to-one exchanges have lasted about the same time for me. Can't see any significant difference.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Australia

my 2kg just ran out during the past week. im quite disappointed because it lasted 7 weeks on a refill from bioplast compared to when i bought the tank fully charged from 328--it lasted 3 months. i use a black ceramic atomiser (higher working pressure than glass diffusers). about 0.7 bps 6 hours a day.

when i was at bioplast the uncle suspended the tank from a hook which i believed was connected to a weighing gauge...so he checks the weight as he fills it. i must be mistaken is bossteck says they dont weigh. honestly i hope i just have a leak that i can fix. because i dont want to have to refill every 1.5 months

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

When I topped up my 1L tank (not a Bioplast), the co2 only weigh about 200g after weighing it.

I didn't attempt to freeze the tank before topping up.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Just got back from Bioplast. The tank was put in a bucket of water and was hung from a weighing gauge.

I believe he has a compressor running for the Co2 and he had to switch on another equipment on another rack. Not sure what are they.

He constantly adjust the pressure from the main tank and pour chill (?) water over my tank in the bucket.

My tank after the refill definitely weighs more than my previous top up at another lfs. The co2 weighs about 600+g which is about right for a 1L tank.

The moss in his tanks is just amazing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Where is bioplast new address. Their location at b22 boon keng rd seems to make way for new development

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I was at Blk 22 Boon Keng Road.

Are they moving?