Country
    Singapore

Teo and Gan Aquarium

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello all,

Intend to make a trip down tomorrow morning. Any idea what time does Teo and Gan open?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Where is Teo's Farm
    Enjoy While You Can..............

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    This website is one of the best in Singapore if not the best. You can get info on Gan at LFS LIST. The phone no. is listed.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

From what I know, teos have men on the farm anytime of the day, so if you know what exactly that you want, you can pop by at any odd hours. Official opening hours is 9.30am i guess..

Cheers
    Vincent

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    May I strongly urge you and everyone else to call the farm before you decide to go this week. I understand there is the possibility it may not be open as they may have some personal affairs to take care of.

Having spoken and listened to to plant farm owners, I have come to realise that those who allow walk-in visitors to look and poke around are actually taking great potential liability upon themselves. They are liable if visitors fall, get injured, lose items; risk pilferage by less scrupulous people; and have to expend precious manpower to help you search and dig for that particular species.

The weekends, I hear, are particularly bad times, actually, as shipments must reach their export destinations by Monday, so the staff need to prepare and pack their stock in time.

Again, I would like to repeat: We are damn spoilt for choice and enjoy probably the lowest prices for exotic tropical plants (and fish) in the entire world. And still I hear people trying to get a better deal from farms. The prices we get lead to people not bothering to do research and learn, as mistakes are cheap. but I digress, this is another issue....

Anyway, spare a thought for the good proprietors who open their farms and hearts to local aquarists (and don't blame those who choose not to for being arrogant either). They are under absolutely no obligation to entertain you, and have full rights to turn you out for trespassing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

I understand that it is a bad time this week to visit teos. I went there on saturday and realise that something is amiss and only know the reason when i visited Fu Wo afterwards.

I am only quoting what I was told when i called one of the staff in Teos. But as Budak suggest, please do call and make sure they are available to make walk-in request.

And It will be good idea to take care of your safety and belongings while in there. I have them reminding me to be careful of slipping all the time, which sometimes i admit, be a bit irritating but neccessary.

Cheers
    Vincent

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Agreed..... in fact I would really suggest that you defer any planned visits to next week or after. The plants can wait.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the infos.........
    Enjoy While You Can..............

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    China
    Teo farm has very nice and friendly pple.

I never get disappointment everytime i visited them.