Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Arcadia LED Spotlights

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Was at C328 yesterday! Bought what I needed except for the underwater digital LED thermometer which both shops do not carry. :wacky

Got hold of 2 Arcadia LED spotlights (one red, one blue).

I actually like it better under the blue light, although my iPhone failed to capture the colours.

This is the other LED spotlight (blue) which was installed in our shrimp tank.

And how it looks like in pitch black...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Arcadia LED Spotlights

what was the damage for those cool spot lights??? do they emit heat ? and are they behind the tank or submerged?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by dstapp View Post
    what was the damage for those cool spot lights??? do they emit heat ? and are they behind the tank or submerged?
    Think I paid $25 - $30 per unit from C328 Polyart. Got a red and a blue. Also comes in white. They're just 1 watt so any heat that it emits is negligible and certainly did not affect the water temperature in my tank. Both LEDs are installed submerged in my tanks (as seen in the photos I posted earlier).

Although the red LED may look like Chinese altar lights, the shrimps actually like them. I have installed timers that would shut down the main LED lights and turn this LED spotlight on, in the middle of the night. Had fun stalking my shrimps - they would gather where the spotlight is directed at, outside a little cave I made.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Think I paid $25 - $30 per unit from C328 Polyart. Got a red and a blue. Also comes in white. They're just 1 watt so any heat that it emits is negligible and certainly did not affect the water temperature in my tank. Both LEDs are installed submerged in my tanks (as seen in the photos I posted earlier).

Although the red LED may look like Chinese altar lights, the shrimps actually like them. I have installed timers that would shut down the main LED lights and turn this LED spotlight on, in the middle of the night. Had fun stalking my shrimps - they would gather where the spotlight is directed at, outside a little cave I made.

hahahaha chinese alter lights i must admit that after you mentioned it i took a second look at you pic and i could see it then hahaha but i think its still cool, i would prefer to have the blue lights, anyway cheers for the reply at lest its somethig i could get without having the wife nag me for spending more money hehehe (but i know she secretly loves the fish tank as much as me)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by dstapp View Post
    wife nag me for spending more money hehehe (but i know she secretly loves the fish tank as much as me)
    Hahaha! I totally get what you mean! Likewise, my wife also nags at me... for spending more time on the tank than with her. But she herself would spend some time in front of the tank everyday observing the activities going on in it. And I can see she enjoys it almost as much as my daughter and I do.