Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: anyone use those co2 checker ( glass type with bulb in center for co2 liquid)

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

anyone use those co2 checker ( glass type with bulb in center for co2 liquid)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

anyone know the correct way to use this glass type co2 checker...(ANS)
    my liquid always stay same colour, green blur....

got one derrenel liquid co2 , come with premix but results still same. green all the way. place outside tank also green.
    cal and derrenel heard dont need make own baking soda mix with water.premix.

am I getting somewhere wrong?

put 10-15cm inside tank , top up tank water? I thought result should varies when co2 on and off? if like that , is it better off using those sera liquid tester for co2 better this way?

can any experts teach me the correct way.

thanks.

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: anyone use those co2 checker ( glass type with bulb in center for co2 liquid)

Need KH4 solution and mix with the indicator solution... When firstly mixed,its should be blue colour.

Some lfs sold those all in 1 indicator solution which can be use straight from the bottle(no mixing)

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: anyone use those co2 checker ( glass type with bulb in center for co2 liquid)

i know. this brand denerrel told from NA is premix solution.it come in blue colour.
    I pour in still all the way green colour, it being 8hr since....

so checking with you guys if i done the steps wronglly?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

weird, you said it come in blue color. I assume it blue color before you put into drop checker. What happen after you put into drop checker before you put in into your tank? Does it stay blue or turn green?
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

anyone use those co2 checker ( glass type with bulb in center for co2 liquid)

Quote Originally Posted by granzord View Post
    i know. this brand denerrel told from NA is premix solution.it come in blue colour.
    I pour in still all the way green colour, it being 8hr since....

so checking with you guys if i done the steps wronglly?
    You can expose it to just normal air to test.

I will try breath out some air and just use palm to cover. Think when I exhale should have enough co2.

If both also no reaction then your problem is with the premix.
    If premix indicator, there should be no need to mix "tank water" (this by right should be d4kh solution for most indicator solution)

Btw, you know how it work? The chemical reaction?
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hi , i put expose to air outside my tank. colour change from green to blue inside my checker.

firstly it come in blue liquid, then i mix it into my tank with tank water. it turn dark green and stay all the way.
    am I doing the wrong way ?

I not sure how it works or doing it wrongly. any expert helps to me. thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Do not mix it with your tank water. If your solution in bot premix, use kH=4 solution to mix it NOT tank water. If your solution premix type, just put in your drop checker without mixing it with any water.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hi bros,

I put the checker in my tank in the morning. the blue mixutre in my bulb turn green just now when lights and co2 are on when i just come back from army.
    the bulb below all air without water to the edge. this is correct right? i hope i getting this across. prader my english. sorry.

i saw in post that the colour will change when there co2 is off , is it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

sound correct, you can take picture and post if you want. The changes is not instant, take couple of hours before you can see the color changes.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hi bro shadow,

seeking your expert views on how do you count 1bps via glass ceramic diffuser ?

what is a good range for co2 level via ppm for planted?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

recommended CO2 level for planted tank is 25-30ppm. Which is roughly green color on the drop checker. I personally always set so that the color is light green toward yellow.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

My also give light green so means my tank enough co2? So i doing something right some where currently.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

May I know besides the Gush premixed one, what other brands of premixed indicator liquid are there? Any brands that are sold in the West?