Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Lilaeopsis brasiliensis or Echinodorus tenellus?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Lilaeopsis brasiliensis or Echinodorus tenellus?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I removed all the japanese hairgrass from my 60x30x36cm tank as it was really spreading too slowly, albeit for a low-tech non CO2 injected environment.

Can I have some opinions and advice on which of the following plant will be a better choice: Lilaeopsis brasiliensis or Echinodorus tenellus?

Admittedly, I have cases of tenullus grown to 'monstrous height' before but it's sure an easy foreground plant such that it makes me consider using it again. I've had contrary experiences on the other hand where the tenullus stays at a nice and manageable height. Between the 2 fore mentioned scenarios, I have not been able to put a finger to what makes the difference in height though since my tanks essentially share the same parameters, i.e. lighting, substrate, fertilizer regime etc.

I have never tried Lilaeopsis brasiliensis before and have seen pictures of beautiful lawns of these on the net. They seem to stay pretty low too and I have looked at the specifications of those tanks this plant is grown in and would think they do not need high lighting level nor CO2 input to thrive.

My tank measures 60x30x36cm; has ADA New Amazonia substrate, lighting is from a 36W PLL, no CO2 input and macros and micros fertilizing weekly, has no algae issues thus far (crossing my fingers).

Thank you for taking time to read this and appreciate all inputs that will help me make a sound decision between these 2 plants for my foreground.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Lilaeopsis brasiliensis or Echinodorus tenellus?

Any comment, advice anyone? Many thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

64 views, I'm sure there're really experienced hobbyist who can give some valuable suggestion

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Lilaeopsis brasiliensis or Echinodorus tenellus?

Quote Originally Posted by cherabin View Post
    64 views, I'm sure there're really experienced hobbyist who can give some valuable suggestion
    You already wrote the answer right?
    You want to try new stuff.

ET only grew low in higher lighted tanks for me. The rest of times, all grew 20cm tall. -_-
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Felix very eloquently brought across indeed that I already have the answer when I posted this thread/question. 20cm is very daunting, time to remove all tenellus.