Country
    Singapore

Re: UP new Z-series Pro LED lighting

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by tcg170980 View Post
    Anyone tried the IStA led light. It look similar to the Up led when power up but not much details on the box.
    It cost much lesser than the Up.
    I've been looking at a few versions of the ISTA LED lights from online websites too, the latest version has a similar casing shape as the Up Aqua Z-Series lights, but uses a slightly different support design. They apparently come in versions with either RGB or White LEDs... though so far i can't find any exact technical info on it either.

Did you manage to find it available locally? Just for comparison, what was the local pricing like approximately, say for the 2ft/60cm version?
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 23rd Feb 2014 at 17:30.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If I did not remember wrongly similar white led cost 45 for 2 feet..
    No luck on rgb led though.
    I may just purchase one to test it out later.
    I did visually look at the led when lit up it look similar but eye power is never accurate.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tcg170980 View Post
    If I did not remember wrongly similar white led cost 45 for 2 feet..
    No luck on rgb led though.
    I may just purchase one to test it out later.
    I did visually look at the led when lit up it look similar but eye power is never accurate.
    If you can get a set to try out, do post a review on it... would be interesting to check out its exact tech specs, especially the LED wattage/quantity, light spread and spectrum.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi,

Does anyone knows the price for the following at C328?

Pro-LED-Z-12 (for 360mm tank)
    Pro-LED-Z-15 (for 450mm tank)

or know if there's stock?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by rakurime View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone knows the price for the following at C328?

Pro-LED-Z-12 (for 360mm tank)
    Pro-LED-Z-15 (for 450mm tank)

or know if there's stock?
    You can check out the product listing and MSRP prices at East Ocean's website:

http://www.eastoceansg.com/up-aqua-p...ant-p-985.html

http://www.eastoceansg.com/up-aqua-p...ant-p-986.html

Note that those links show the older models that use 0.06W LEDs, the newer models use 0.5W LEDs.

So far, i haven't spotted those particular models on display for sale at C328 though, but i guess you can order from them and they will get stock from the local distributor (which is East Ocean).
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    You can check out the product listing and MSRP prices at East Ocean's website:

http://www.eastoceansg.com/up-aqua-p...ant-p-985.html

http://www.eastoceansg.com/up-aqua-p...ant-p-986.html

Note that those links show the older models that use 0.06W LEDs, the newer models use 0.5W LEDs.

So far, i haven't spotted those particular models on display for sale at C328 though, but i guess you can order from them and they will get stock from the local distributor (which is East Ocean).
    Thanks for the heads up!!

I'm a beginner and collating info for my new tank and i came across this forum, very informative!

Will drop by East Ocean one of these days

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

After 14mths with my wall mount low tech planted tank; I've decided to give co2 a try.. and bought the 2 items below few weeks ago. Plants were growing faster and healthier looking especially my wisteria / but no active pearling...

1 x Fluval Pressurized Mini CO2 Kit 88
    1 x Dennerle T5 Amazon Day 24W 549mm

So I came across this thread today; and after reading everyone's comments. I decided to drop by East Ocean to purchase a 90CM Pro LED Z (new model // less LED as i was told).

2 hours after my setup, my plants are finally pearling!! WOW super cool..! so here s some photos to share..hopefully will help other beginners like me.

and of course, a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. this ProZ LED light is seriously amazing! "like"

Last edited by jl66; 15th Apr 2014 at 23:07.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

pearling stopped almost immediately (>5sec) right after turning off the PRO Z LED light // despite Dennerle T5 is on .... (sorry if I'm getting too excited with this whole new experience...)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Anyone able to compare between UP new Z-series Pro LED lighting ***vs*** Starlitz Clear 60 (http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...rlitz-clear-60)?
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

It has been a year now. I am wondering what kind of LED lighting is on the market and what is everyone using.
    Is everyone still using the " Up new Z-series" Pro LED Lightning?
    Is it still working well for everyone?
    Has the price dropped for it?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I'm still using them... and mine are the first generation ones using 0.06W LEDs. I've actually been keen to change them to new lights, but they have been working well for my tanks over the past few years, so not much incentive to change.

Seems the prices of those lights are currently still around the same.

The only thing i really want is auto sunrise/sunset dimming feature which is still missing in these mid-level LED lights, that simple feature is somehow only available on higher-end models. I'm always wondering why it's not already a standard feature for most LED lights by now.

Honestly, if there is a manufacturer who can release a mid-priced (ie. below S$100) moderate intensity plant LED light set that has inbuilt timer-based auto sunrise/sunset feature, i will definitely be first in line to buy a few sets.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I'm still using them... and mine are the first generation ones using 0.06W LEDs. I've actually been keen to change them to new lights, but they have been working well for my tanks over the past few years, so not much incentive to change.

The only thing i really want is auto sunrise/sunset dimming feature which is still missing in these mid-level LED lights, that simple feature is somehow only available on higher-end models. I'm always wondering why it's not already a standard feature for most LED lights by now.

Honestly, if there is a manufacturer who can release a mid-priced (ie. below S$100) moderate intensity plant LED light set that has inbuilt timer-based auto sunrise/sunset feature, i will definitely be first in line to buy a few sets.
    Oh I see. This lighting is considered mid or high ? I understand that if it can grow HC then its considered to be on the high.

For the lighting with timer wise, do you get a plug with timer or manually adjust now? I have seen it somewhere that there's an adaptor with timer on it but can't figure out where to buy it or what brand is it lol...

Furthmore, what current lighting that's on the market is reliable and able to make plants pearl?
    what is the brand of higher end lighting with in built timer ? XD

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Bieffe View Post
    To me get a timer better than built in...Later ur co2 also u need.
    Good thing about Z light is its slim. A normal 2ft tank u have the option to add 1 more rolls making it 2!
    I see. Does it matter which brand is more lasting and good to use ?
    and does this means I will need two timer? One for light and the other for CO2?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Well electronic is a matter of heng sway. The usual suspects like UP etc are ok.
    For me 1 timer...both co2 and light hook up to it. Some people use 2 with 30min delay for co2

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Bieffe View Post
    Well electronic is a matter of heng sway. The usual suspects like UP etc are ok.
    For me 1 timer...both co2 and light hook up to it. Some people use 2 with 30min delay for co2
    Oooh! How do you hook it up together ? One on top of each other ? I don't really how a timer look like hahaha

And does anyone use other brand for lighting which can make plants pearl? Beside using UP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Is the intensity and other factors like sufficient co2 for it to pearl. Brands make little diff.
    Bro just get a multi adaptor. Timer plug into socket. Plug multi plug into timer...voila...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

ever considered modifying your own sunrise sunset module? i'm actually looking into doing that for mine =p

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Emperios View Post
    Oh I see. This lighting is considered mid or high ? I understand that if it can grow HC then its considered to be on the high.
    I would consider the Z-Series LED lights are more on the medium-light category (the older ones i'm using are probably in the low-medium light category), it depends on the height of the tank too... up to 36cm height it works well, but on taller tanks it would be much less effective and you'll have to go for lights that use higher powered individual LEDs instead (ie. 3W Cree LEDs).

For the lighting with timer wise, do you get a plug with timer or manually adjust now? I have seen it somewhere that there's an adaptor with timer on it but can't figure out where to buy it or what brand is it lol...
    I use digital plug timers for all my lights, you can use analog ones but i find digital ones easier to set and they retain their timings even when the main switch is off. The digital timers i use look like this:

Source: http://home-fix.com/estore/brands/o-...l#.VQL00OF7TZV

Furthmore, what current lighting that's on the market is reliable and able to make plants pearl?
    There are many other brands on the market with similar or better lights (ADA, Odyssea, Beamsworks, Aqualighter, Nemo, Chihiros, Top-Aqua, Easy-Aqua, Current USA, MaxSpect etc) and all have the ability to make plants pearl.

Note that getting plants to pearl is not just about light... other factors like Co2 and sufficient nutrients and favorable tank conditions are also required for that to happen.

what is the brand of higher end lighting with in built timer ? XD
    The high-end light brand with in-built timer, individual channel setting and user configurable auto-dimming sunrise/sunset features is called the MaxSpect Razor.... usually retails for around S$500+ for the 2ft R420R set running at 120 watts.

Compare that to the S$70+ 2ft Up Aqua Z-Series that runs at only 20+ watts, you can see the extreme difference in both price and power.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by smirnon View Post
    ever considered modifying your own sunrise sunset module? i'm actually looking into doing that for mine =p
    I wish i could build a device like that too... but the skill required is beyond my basic ability (i can wire some LEDs but i've have no experience with creating a programmable module). I've seen some DIY control boxes available online, but they seem to only work with specific LED systems.

I'm also currently looking at a few LED lightsets on TaoBao and AliExpress which come with user-programmable control boxes, though their prices are still in the S$200+ range.

I guess if someone could create an affordable user-programmable control box which can be connected to any existing LED lightset and enable the sunrise/sunset feature, it would sell like hotcakes!
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I wish i could build a device like that too... but the skill required is beyond my basic ability (i can wire some LEDs but i've have no experience with creating a programmable module). I've seen some DIY control boxes available online, but they seem to only work with specific LED systems.

I'm also currently looking at a few LED lightsets on TaoBao and AliExpress which come with user-programmable control boxes, though their prices are still in the S$200+ range.

I guess if someone could create an affordable user-programmable control box which can be connected to any existing LED lightset and enable the sunrise/sunset feature, it would sell like hotcakes!
    I'll test out the one that I bought recently and see how it goes 😁

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast