Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: needed some survey on fish products

needed some survey on fish products

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, as Im concern, there r a lot of pple here fishfanatics n plantfanatics(of cos), like me myself, would like to noe wat products u r using for ur setups. (anti-chlorine, filter lightings, equipments etc.)

Cos there r a lot of fish accessories n products sold at lfs, until dunno wic one to buy. As Im still learning, so as not to buy unnecessary products. So guys, share wat product u use for ur set up.

BTW, Im new here, hope to share n learn a lot from hobbyist here.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Tank: Gex FivePlan
    Filter: Atman 3335
    Lights: Atman lights fixture PL 36W x 2, sigma 8600K
    Substrate: ADA Power Sand, ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia on top of Africana
    Fertilisers: Dr Mallick's LushGro Aqua and Micros
    CO2: made in Japan cylinder 3.6l with San Yuo Solenoid regulator
    CO2 tubing: Black CO2-proof airline
    O2: normal air pump diffused via matrix atomizer
    Cooling: DIY Fans x 2, Coolermaster SAF-B83 Ball-bearing 80mm fans, 2500rpm, 32.11 CFM
    Power supply for fans: Normal 400W PC PSU
    Thermometer: small type, bought at NA
    Anti-chlorine: don't know what brand
    Ceramic rings: Mr.Aqua (+2 KH)
    Camera: Sony Cybeshot DSC-P8
    I'm back!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: needed some survey on fish products

Why don't you take a look through the Members' Tanks, Tank gallery and equipment section to find out what folks here are using for their setups?

There is a huge range of equipment and material out there for hobbyists with different budgets, tank sizes, layouts and maintenance philosophies. There is no such thing as any one equipment or set that will suit all. One BIG misconception is that getting all the "right" equipment will guarantee great tanks. I

would advise you to spend much time reading through the old forum discussions, books and linked articles to understand what a tank, fish and plants need in terms of care (e.g. water quality, nutrients, nitrogen cycle etc) before you spend a single cent on any hardware.

I know what "noe" is and what "ur" is, but I simply can't figure out what "wic" is. Is it a short-form of "Wiccan"?

Surely it's not too much to expect some effort to get your spelling right? Irregardless (so sue me) of your English standard.

Suggest you pay The Krib a visit and then come back and ask more pertinent questions. If you're going to use what everybody else is using, you will end up with a very long shopping list.
    Another quality, non aquatic-related post from mrs budak!