1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Water Bridge

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Haha I just used paint. By the way, a small sponge filter may not be enough for two tanks leh. Might suggest you use a large piece of sponge to partition a small space in one of the tanks, larger filter area.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I agree that a sponge partition will be a better solution than a small sponge.

A small sponge on the airlift tube clogs up easily and soon impedes the water flow after a few days. But if the sponge is cleaned every other day, it may be workable.

Using a top filter can also be another good idea, with the water inlet in one tank, and the water outlet in the other.
    LIFE IS UNBEARABLE WITHOUT A FISH TANK!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by alvinchan80 View Post
    Bro 14litre, maybe you can search for bro eviltrain's thread. His set up uses quite a few water bridge and also multiple tank chilling with just 1 chiller..
    Thanks bro.

I have looked at his thread before, very impressive setup. There is something that kinda makes me not to go for his method, either its the under gravel or new setup (mine is already an established tank), I also can't remember because I have looked into so many forums/websites. But I will read his thread again in case I missed out anything. Thanks for the reference, bro.

I am putting the links to his thread here, so that I can click it later to re-visit it.
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...highlight=beta
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...highlight=beta
    from 14L to 8L tank.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Draka View Post
    Haha I just used paint. By the way, a small sponge filter may not be enough for two tanks leh. Might suggest you use a large piece of sponge to partition a small space in one of the tanks, larger filter area.
    Wa! You can draw really well bro.

Thanks for the suggestion bro.

I intend to keep the 2 existing sponge filters, so this small sponge filter is an add-on. I would like to use this small sponge filter to "test" the concept first. If it works, then I will look into diy the larger filter area. See how first ya.
    from 14L to 8L tank.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tetrakid View Post
    I agree that a sponge partition will be a better solution than a small sponge.

A small sponge on the airlift tube clogs up easily and soon impedes the water flow after a few days. But if the sponge is cleaned every other day, it may be workable.

Using a top filter can also be another good idea, with the water inlet in one tank, and the water outlet in the other.
    Thanks for the advice and suggestion (top filter), bro.

I will test the concept with a small sponge filter first. Very interesting idea on the top filter. Let me try the concept first and if it works, I will look into your idea as well as Draka's.

Cheers bros.
    from 14L to 8L tank.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Haha welcome! ^^

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Updates:
    I have made a air-lift pump to handle the water circulation.

I have created a new thread so that it is easier to read everything together.
    here's the new thread. Please feel free to post your comments/suggestions. Thank you.
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...-Air-lift-Pump
    from 14L to 8L tank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12