Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Advice for my guppy 3ft tank.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys, im new to my guppy world. Would like to ask the experts about the essential requirements for guppy and guppy fry. How to prevent disease all this. Thanks so much!!! Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Advice for my guppy 3ft tank.

Not an expert here, but I do know some things.
    Try to stock 1 male to 2-3 females. Less stress on the female side.
    You definitely need lots of hiding places if you want fry to survive. Java moss/guppy grass and the likes. Moss would also provide it an early food source. But if you want, feed them crushed up flakes too.
    The hotter the water is the faster they grow (not too hot. 28-30ish. ). But they also have a shorter lifespan. That one I read off the web
    I'm assuming youre not line breeding?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Advice for my guppy 3ft tank.

Jemswira. Thanks for the advice! I will start breeding but not at the moment. Want to learn mre before breeding them

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Guppies are super easy in Singapore bro.

1) Our temperature is ideal (No need fan, no need heater)
    2) Use a water conditioner for water that you add into the tank
    3) I like Hikari guppy food, nicer colour on the fish.
    4) Use a breeding tank or provide for enough hiding places for the young guppies especially those which have just been born. Guppies will eat anything that fits in their mouth.
    5) Change 15% water once a week
    6) I have no experience of disease but I do have problem which i think of in-breeding. I started with one male and 2 female. Now I lost count. The uncle at C328 is knowledge, can ask him if you encounter problems. But then again let's touch wood.
    7) I am using two air driven filters.
    I am using a simple table lamp as light for my 2 feet tank.

Hope that this helps.

Will post a video on my youtube channel SingaporeOtaku

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome to the guppy world! Guppies are very interesting indeed, glad to see another guppy-hobbyist..

Been looking after guppies for around 2 decades now. Used to have sponge filters for all my guppy tanks, but realised they can actually do without. Of course, it would feel or is better to provide some kind of aeration. Having a filter or oxygen supplied is surely better than not. My tanks are all mostly bare but recently added pellia/german seaweeds in case of sudden dropping of fries. I do 5-15% water change (WC) daily or every two or three days whenever I am free or when there's unsightly accumulated poop on the bottom. The crucial point here is to top up with seasoned or very aged water. No salt or declorinator used.

For a 3ft tank, you need to get it really cycled. After cycling it for some time, you may want to get or lend little fish to stay in it for some time first. When you are sure they are all right, you take them away. Ensure the fish used is/are healthy. Avoid using feeder fishes because some might have internal parasites. Then the guppies you fancy can be slowly acclimatised to live in it. For such a tank, you can also add in large breeder boxes/nets. The fries (placed in the box or boxes) can be reared together with the adults, under the same water condition. Or prepare fry tanks/containers/tubs. I like to place my fry containers (added with some pellia/german seaweed/moss) next to the windows, the growing of algae and green water kind of helps them to grow better/stronger.

You may want to stay true to only 1 particular guppy strain. Since we are talking about 1 tank, it is better to get only 1 type. Perhaps 2 pairs or a trio. Which guppy strain really captures your interest? Right now there is an over supply of Albino Full Red (AFR) but there will always be a high demand for it. The solid red.. "Huat ah!" Really prosperous colour. Too many different kinds of strains to decide on.

The guppy pictures on the Internet are mostly high grade. Don't assume that the guppies you're getting are exactly like those online. You may want to ask for pics/videos or even better, view personally. Always get fish after viewing, this is to help ensure the fish you're getting from is from a healthy tank. This extra step taken will save a lot of problems. Last month, a nice friend came to look at my Magenta Tux Round/short tails. He ended up going home with my delta-tail HB White. He realised his preference.

Don't hurry, look around. Youtube videos. Cheers!
    Fancy Guppies: Many cute ones. Live Fish Fry Cultures: Microworms, Grindal worms & Vinegar eels.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hello Intelsys and Happyguppies, thank you so much for you guys knowledge and typing so much info for me. Greatly appreciated!!! Thankyou once again!!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

No worries. My suggestion is to fill your tank with water first, let it age, while you take your time to decide. Be careful of mozzies. Let us know of your final choice of guppy strain. And what you're going to do with the tank.
    Fancy Guppies: Many cute ones. Live Fish Fry Cultures: Microworms, Grindal worms & Vinegar eels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

When aging your water, do remember to put an airdriven filter or air stone in there to speed up the process and most importantly, to prevent mosquitos from laying their eggs in there!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Okay noted thankyou!